Weapons With Hitreg Issues

13 replies to this topic

#1 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hi.

I played a while MWO, then stopped because...well... Not the subject.

In the past, SRMs were subpar because of hitreg issues (for example).

Now i have SERIOUS hitreg issues with my lazor timber wolf:
shooting at someone face => around half a sec without any damage dealt ! SERIOUSLY ?
(same thing happens with 4PPC builds in chain fire... but since it hadn't changed and since it is a **** build... i don't care.

With this build, i used to deal at least 800dmg per game and 1-4 kills. Now i deal a mediocre 200-400 ish score and often no kill...

It is very frustrating to deliver an accurate shot and dealing nothing.

So is it a "well known" bug or something is wrong with my computer / internet connexion ?.

Edited by loupgaroupoilu, 14 December 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#2 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

View Postloupgaroupoilu, on 14 December 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

So is it a "well known" bug or something is wrong with my computer / internet connexion ?.

Yep, well known bug, especially PPCs going through mechs. Has been going on for a good while now. Unfortunately haven't seen PGI comment on the subject at all even though someone mentioned in the Patch feedback forum that the PPC bug is easily reproducible by chain firing and has been there for a while.

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, seems no modern shooter game dev team is able to make a hit reg system that is even moderately reliable....

#4 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

On the plus side, SRMs are now great!

#5 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

And.. is it normal it happens with lasers ?

#6 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

I've had hit reg issues with my AC20 and ER PPCs.

#7 ImperialCrusader

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

The problem is mostly caused by lag, that ms the information got delayed to the server, causes it to "register" the hit outside the mech, behind or in front of it

#8 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

HitReg appears to have gotten worse for me since the CW patch dropped. It had become such an insignificant issue in the months prior to this patch that I thought it had been fixed and only lag spiking (confusing the server rollback) was still an issue. Since this last patch though, I've had a few matches where as much as 60% of my shots have missedentirely, even against stationary mechs.

#9 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yep.

Before, the hitreg issue were... lets say playable.

Sometimes now, half of the shots aren't count.

Question is: i dont feel that my ennemies miss their shots XD.

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 December 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yeah, seems no modern shooter game dev team is able to make a hit reg system that is even moderately reliable....

thats a typically architectural issue wiht centralsied servers and online games when you send packages around the globe and house people of different locations in the same area. You will hardly find any true solution for this at all.

back in the days people wee on LAN's not having this issue by the way LAN's work. And in th raly internet, traffic was a lot less package loss was not such a big issue as today.

yet together with the servers and traffic we have in CW, this gets worse even more. Serevr tickrate has a fair share in the issue as well.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 December 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#11 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostGauvan, on 14 December 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

On the plus side, SRMs are now great!

Its not great...i am having issues with it. Replaced all SRMs for LRM for that matter.

#12 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostJames Montana, on 14 December 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

I've had hit reg issues with my AC20 and ER PPCs.

I (of course) have an AC40 KGC - had a FS overheat and stop right in front of me (roughly 15m). Leveled the reticle right over their cockpit, fired.

Their armor flickered a little and turned light yellow across the whole of their chest before they powered back up and skittered off. As someone that occasionally pilots Firestarters, pretty sure they aren't rocking hundreds of points of armor.

#13 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

OK ! IM FED !

For me, it is unplayable:
- you wait too long to find a game
- you wait for the players with bad computers (those guys who makes you waiting 59sec and sometime more)
- you wait the useless initiation sequence "all systems nominal".
- and then you have a mediocre game experience with hitreg issues, no voice in chat (pugfest), bad players ruining your team and so on...

I will again stop playing MWO for a while... I will come back in a month or two to see if there are some BASIC features implemented like:

- shorter waiting time: when you find A game, you play 3 match in a row...
- suppression of this stupid time sink initiation sequence (keep it and merge it with the countdown). Game after game, the time lost is amazing...
- people with bad computers / having difficulties to connect are ruining other players experience... So they should have their own "ELO" to play the waiting game together.
- BASIC modern game features like VOIP, scroll up/down the chat...
- better hitreg of course
- oh and a mech filter for my hangar... I have over 100 mechs (supporting PGI) and only using around 9 of them... Changing mech is a scrolling fest.
- thank you Santa.

I like mechwarrior universe and i like MWO... But there are some things that are unacceptable, even for a free to play.

Edited by loupgaroupoilu, 15 December 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#14 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

I have most reg hit fails with lasers and it is way too often.,With PPC not so often.For srms cant tell with ACs it is good I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users