Screen Shake Builds And ?'s

Weapons

4 replies to this topic

#1 pyroim

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

So just out of curiosity does anyone build screen shake builds just to be A holes on the battle field , also does anyone know if screen shake calculation of

DAMAGE * IMPULSE = SCREEN SHAKE

Does this apply to the potential Bonus damage of LBX- (x) rounds with their % chances to deal additional damage? I know its kind of a stupid question because numbers say yes but mechanically does anyone know if this works?

#2 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Back a while, maybe there were folks building low-damage high shake builds. Now with the Clan weapon mechanics it happens naturally.

Mechs that can chain fire a lot of IS LRM5s give you the shake effect but their real power is how the small spread of missiles focuses the damage. And Clan LRMs and ACs all give a lot of shake naturally. So, to answer your first question I'd say no, because you can have a highly effective build that causes shake as a bonus. No need to make a troll build.

For the second question about LB-X's, I don't think so. The additional damage that LB-Xs, MGs and flamers do is critical damage which destroys critical slot items. As far as I know, critical damage causes no shake, nor do ammo explosions caused by crits. I've got an article on the damage mechanics if you want to get into the nitty-gritty of it.

#3 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

Muchas dakkas is good for suppression-fracas, no doubt about it, altough many people already got used to it and shoot you anyway, sooooo all the screenshake could turn out to be double-edged and cut the wielder´s hand .

Gauvan provided all necessary ino on crits, so I´m done already :)

Have fun and gun !

#4 pyroim

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostGauvan, on 15 December 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Back a while, maybe there were folks building low-damage high shake builds. Now with the Clan weapon mechanics it happens naturally.

Mechs that can chain fire a lot of IS LRM5s give you the shake effect but their real power is how the small spread of missiles focuses the damage. And Clan LRMs and ACs all give a lot of shake naturally. So, to answer your first question I'd say no, because you can have a highly effective build that causes shake as a bonus. No need to make a troll build.

For the second question about LB-X's, I don't think so. The additional damage that LB-Xs, MGs and flamers do is critical damage which destroys critical slot items. As far as I know, critical damage causes no shake, nor do ammo explosions caused by crits. I've got an article on the damage mechanics if you want to get into the nitty-gritty of it.

Great! this answers all my questions !

#5 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

After a bit of playing around, I built my Atlas S with four LRM5s (it's a brawler, but I don't like being defenseless at range). Even with a low amount of ammo (I ton and a half, I think), it was great for driving people back into cover, locking them in place, disrupting their shots, and so on. Then I was close enough to open up with the MLs and AC20 and it was game over.

The LRM5 doesn't do a lot of damage, but if you want to think about all the other things it does, it's a pretty good weapon, even if the target has AMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users