Diary Of A Kell Hound

No replies to this topic

#1 athaemik

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

[DISCLAIMER - This is a short story I wrote that is obviously fictional. Information presented is meant as pure entertainment, and may not match up some lore/cannon of battletech. Feel free to post your own Kell Hound Steiner fan fiction if you want to.]

The cliffs afforded a spectacular view. Along its face were houses built of wood and stone, overlooking the Hadric ocean. They probably would have fetched top dollar only a few years ago.

The Clan overran us late last night. We were in a good defensive position, but it didn't matter. Alpha went down first. We held them at bay easily. It should have been a sign.

Gamma was on the other side of the base. As the bulk of our defense team protected Alpha gate, the Clan hit Gamma with their main force. The gate fell before we knew how to react.

"Pull back to the cannon," Major Arnold ordered over comm.

We did. I was there when the first Dire Wolf came through, AC-20's booming louder than the forging of Thor's hammer.

"Hold the line!"

From behind the Dire Wolf came the rest of the invasion force: Adders and Kit Foxes, Ice Ferrets and Novas, Timber Wolves and Gargoyles. They rushed at us with the ferocity of a tiger and the strength of a bear.

My Thunderbolt 5S overheated quickly. An AC-20 shot left me without armor in my center torso, a sitting duck. I had no choice but to eject.

The violent surge of mid-summer late-afternoon warm, salty air hit me like a wall as my chair rocketed skyward at over a hundred kilos an hour. I drifted down onto the battlefield behind our cannon, away from the invaders.

I waited for well over two hours, the longest I could afford considering the impending overrun of our base, but the dropship never came. I had no choice but to run.

I've been on foot for three days now. Fortunately, these houses were abandoned in haste and there is a lot of food to be scavenged. No matter how many warm, comfortable beds I find, I can't seem to get a good night's sleep. I'm waiting for the Clan to come tearing through the houses in the middle of the night.

My only hope is the Atrol mountain range-- too steep for mechs, too wooded for drop ships. I'm heading there now. I'll find the highest mountain and plant the Steiner flag, hoping to be spotted by a rescue force. It's what my training tells me to do, and I was trained to be the best. Afterall, I'm Kell Hound.

Edited by athaemik, 15 December 2014 - 11:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users