140 replies to this topic

#21 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

P know we can't hold all planets, but please coordinate and defend at least a few. It's just too frustrating.

#22 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Shred,

Your team has put up some masterful defends and counter Attacks. I have to say, facing you guys was a very tough time.

#23 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

As long as we have only one Attackphase its realy hard for us european Players to participate.
We invade Lambrecht the whole Sunday and defend Tripoli. I went to bed with 11 Wins on Lambrecht and about 2 on Tripoli.
Before I went to work I checked it again and Lambrecht went down to 0 and Tripoli was lost.
The Attackphase shuts down at 6AM here in Germany so atm its all up to you american units.

Edited by Reitmeier, 15 December 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#24 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

our unit constantly talks to 228th reps to know where to attack/defend on a nightly basis. we tend to get one 12 and another large group going and win the vast majoriy of our matches. still isnt enough, we just arent winning the numbers game lol

#25 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Same with us. We pair up with NS or any other available unit's members but we still lose overall. Until PGI either fixes it so that ghost attacks don't count or limits each attack phase to only two borders Kurita is going to lose planets from one side or the other.

#26 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Having one 24 hour cycle for planets to change hands is really a broken way to do CW as many players can't be available in the 3-4 hours before 8:30 AM OR PM to make a meaningful difference. 8:30PM PST is in the middle of prime time for West Coast players and my 1 or 2 wins before the map reset isn't going to do much. Even if I amass 20 wins a in a row after the reset, they are completely pointless because Euro/Asia and East Coast players will just wipe away the progress when I can't reasonably respond.

There needs to be multiple attack/defend cycles where planets can change hands each day. If that means one part of the day the planet belong to another faction and throughout the night it belongs to House Kurita, I'd be okay with the constant daily tug-of-war. As it stands now it is not really a fair way to determine control of a planet.

Edited by pwnface, 15 December 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#27 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 15 December 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Until PGI either fixes it so that ghost attacks don't count or limits each attack phase to only two borders Kurita is going to lose planets from one side or the other.
If only there was a way to balance low population numbers against conquest points.

Such as, say, a modifier that adds a bonus to any victory, and/or has victories on one world slow down enemy attacks on other nearby planets - thereby placing a greater responsibility on these fewer warriors (as fewer battles means each one becomes more important), but at least giving them an equal chance to protect their borders.

:rolleyes:

#28 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

From another post of mine:

"I think that a further extension of this idea would be that 1 successful ghost drop is only worth 1/3 of a point, thus 3 successful ghost drops will equal 1 successful manned attack/defend drop where both sides have players.

Whether this can be achieved in the current system is questionable but I would even go further and suggest that maybe each planet should have a percentage counter. Successful manned drops are worth so much % while ghost drops are worth less %.

This will also allow PGI to be able to set different % drops changes against certain planets. I suppose a scenario would be if an enemy faction is able to go deeper into another faction's territory they would likely face stiffer population resistance and thus a successful drop will earn less % drop against the planet. Thus more successful drops will be required to actually acquire a planet.

This can also work in reverse if a lost faction planet is trying to be retaken by the originally aligned faction. A successful drop will earn a greater %.

This process will possibly allow smaller number of players faction not loose a mass/all of their planets that fast and even be able to take back planets a little bit easier. If an enemy faction wants to take a enemy planet deep into their territory than a lot of drops will be required..."

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 15 December 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#29 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostShredhead, on 15 December 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

We are about to lose 5 (!) planets today because you guys are unable and unwilling to coordinate defenses!
Before CW we regarded Mariks as the weakest faction. It turns out you're even worse. I will ask the leadership of 228th to take contracts with another faction once our current contract runs out.

Come to CSJ we only have one planet to attack because Russ hates us. Though our rewards did get a pretty significant buff. I guess you could save Liao or join the CGB thralls.

#30 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

CSJ would love to have you as an ally. That way we can tear up Kurita space together....

Look at the bright side, with one planet to attack, SJR, SA, JGx, and various other teams all coordinating together, with 228 behind us as well, we can tear them apart in a few days before turning our wrath on those who wronged us....

Edited by Von Blumen, 15 December 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#31 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostShredhead, on 15 December 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

P know we can't hold all planets, but please coordinate and defend at least a few. It's just too frustrating.

Well if it helps, we just pulled back Shionoha from the brink and defended it just now from a fairly concentrated steiner assault.

#32 Potato Farmer

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Maybe we can let FRR/Davion take over our clan border! That way we won't have to worry about clan attacks! AHAH! just a joke, errybody take a chill pill and see if PGI can chalk up a better system to cater to more people.

Edited by Bulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, 15 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#33 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

View PostShredhead, on 15 December 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Cease fire is 8:20 pm PSt to 9 pm PSt every day.

And what keeps the EU faction players from coordinating?

Namely the 2 biggest EU community (Germans and Russians) are for a vast majority Steiner (for Germans) and Davion/Clans (for Russians). It is a problem already identified before the CW even starts.

Plus 8:20 PM PST translates in 4:20 AM GMT+1 in France. So whatever we do in the evening is lost right before the ceasefire. For example, we dropped several times on Shionoha yesterday, managed to get it back to 2 points but i'm pretty sure this morning it was already back at 8-9 points.

So kudos for your hard work but we can't be everywhere and we are fighting against Davion / Steiner / FRR :mellow: / Ghost Bear / Smoke Jaguar so we are a bit overwhelmed here.

Edited by SgtKinCaiD, 16 December 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#34 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

tonight NS run groups have won 10+ times on turtle bay without a single loss, and it still sits at 1 on turtle bay. tells you there is a whoole lot more losing going on on the back end :(

#35 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

When I am attacking Kurita world, there are mostly Davions and FRR players fighting their battles. I know Kuritans can put up a good fight with their premades, but low numbers are what takes away your chances for victory. While you may be winning against 1 pug on Clan world, we can easily muster two more groups taking away what you conquer. Perhaps a better coordination between units?

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 16 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#36 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 15 December 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

As long as we have only one Attackphase its realy hard for us european Players to participate.
We invade Lambrecht the whole Sunday and defend Tripoli. I went to bed with 11 Wins on Lambrecht and about 2 on Tripoli.
Before I went to work I checked it again and Lambrecht went down to 0 and Tripoli was lost.
The Attackphase shuts down at 6AM here in Germany so atm its all up to you american units.

same for most steiner uints ALOT of us are european and no matter if we go against clans, FRR, kurita or marik (most steiner and davion units dont fight each other) we play till24:00 or 01:00 take all tickets and next moring after ceasefire we lost 4-5planets. we did not have one ceasefire where we took more than we lost

View PostMordin Ashe, on 16 December 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

When I am attacking Kurita world, there are mostly Davions and FRR players fighting their battles. I know Kuritans can put up a good fight with their premades, but low numbers are what takes away your chances for victory. While you may be winning against 1 pug on Clan world, we can easily muster two more groups taking away what you conquer. Perhaps a better coordination between units?

well thier permades seem to focus on IS boarders while steiner pugs and small groups who want to fight clans dont fight against JF cause it is pointless with LORDs in every 2. battle

Edited by Tarmok II, 16 December 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#37 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostShredhead, on 15 December 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

We are about to lose 5 (!) planets today because you guys are unable and unwilling to coordinate defenses!
Before CW we regarded Mariks as the weakest faction. It turns out you're even worse. I will ask the leadership of 228th to take contracts with another faction once our current contract runs out.

No offence, but why are you giving them greif about not defending when your guys are attacking other places?

#38 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 15 December 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

If 228 leaves Kurita they are screwed. Playing the Kurita border goes like this... win, win, win, win, win, get ***** by 228, win, win , win, ceasefire :P

Awesome post! LOL :D , especially the 228 in the middle there.

#39 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 16 December 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

Until yesterday, we didn't have to worry about GB, just the Jags. Since our pugs were doing a damn fine job of defending Turtle Bay, most of our premades were fighting on the Davion/Steiner fronts because that was where we were being attacked.

#40 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:13 AM

This is an official message from us Clans. :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users