Clan Wolf And Ghost Bear Invasion Corridors

17 replies to this topic

#1 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

This is an attempt to stop the petty crap slinging going on.

Fact:
Clan Wolf did NOT attack and take Skallevoll and Outpost from Ghost Bear on the first day of CW. Anyone stating such does not have a clue what they are talking about and is just trolling at this point.

Proof:
http://www.sarna.net...dor_-_Clan_Wolf

Date: March 3050
Planet: Outpost (FRR)
Attacker: Delta Galaxy 4th Striker Cluster
Defender: Outpost People's Militia
Results: Clan Wolf Victory

Date: March 3050
Planet: Skallevoll (FRR)
Attacker: Gamma Galaxy 7th Battle Cluster
Defender: The Glory Warriors
1st Skallevoll People's Armored Regiment
1st Skallevoll People's Mechanized Regiment
3rd Skallevoll People's Mechanized Regiment
Results: Clan Wolf Victory

Ghost Bear Corridor
http://www.sarna.net...Clan_Ghost_Bear

PGI established the opening corridors based on the Lore. See SARNA link for both Wolves and Bears.

Edited by RustyBolts, 15 December 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#2 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Lore always takes a backseat to competitive play. Always has, and always will.

This scene pretty much sums it all up.

#3 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

I got it. However, those Ghost Bears who are saying we took those planets from them on the first day of CW are wrong.

#4 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 15 December 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I got it. However, those Ghost Bears who are saying we took those planets from them on the first day of CW are wrong.

It really doesn't matter. What matters is the drive to Terra. If someone wants to spend their time and resources screwing around along the way, that's just less time invested in the true objective. Nothing else really needs to be said.

The major factor of CW over the long haul is it'll show not only which units have the best players, but also the best strategic leaders.

#5 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

We took them from the wolves, but from what I was told, we only had 1 IS planet we could attack on day 1. Our warriors were restless, and we needed to expand our invasion front.

But it doesn't really matter at this point. We aren't actively attacking other clans now that we have a enough IS targets. I sure hope you aren't attacking Outpost right now though.

Source: Beerwarrior graphic.

Edited by 3rdworld, 15 December 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#6 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 15 December 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

We took them from the wolves, but from what I was told, we only had 1 IS planet we could attack on day 1. Our warriors were restless, and we needed to expand our invasion front.

Personally I am ok with that. Why? First of all you are being honest and not spouting crap about how we took it from you first. Second, it allows you more options and fight along side of us.

My issue is with the individuals who have no clue or the trolls who are just spouting that we took the planet from Ghost Bear.
As long as there are no more attemtps at taking planets from wolf I would think we could put this behind us, with the exception of the pugs and those few units who insist on making it an issue.

#7 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 15 December 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Source: Beerwarrior graphic.

Yes there is that.

The reason more places aren't open is likely due to each one being a seperate queue. If they enabled those queues on every single planet, it'd be total chaos. It's one of the areas that needs a large improvement from PGI before it can advance to a better state.

In a more traditional setting, worlds available to be hit are based off jumpship range from the source planet. That mechanic doesn't exist in CW and wouldn't work too well anyway, unless each faction had a de facto lead unit that could call the shots.

As for the whole GB vs WC thing, it looks to me like the Wolf and Ghost Bear leadership has pretty much smoothed all that over for the time being. The rest of this is making a mountain out of a molehill and isn't helping Clan relations any.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 15 December 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#8 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 15 December 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Yes there is that.

The reason more places aren't open is likely due to each one being a seperate queue. If they enabled those queues on every single planet, it'd be total chaos. It's one of the areas that needs a large improvement from PGI before it can advance to a better state.

In a more traditional setting, worlds available to be hit are based off jumpship range from the source planet. That mechanic doesn't exist in CW and wouldn't work too well anyway, unless each faction had a de facto lead unit that could call the shots.

As for the whole GB vs WC thing, it looks to me like the Wolf and Ghost Bear leadership has pretty much smoothed all that over for the time being. The rest of this is making a mountain out of a molehill and isn't helping Clan relations any.

The problem is that there are still some Bear units who are saying CW and CWI in particulary took the planets from the bears and I am trying to dispell that.

#9 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 15 December 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

The problem is that there are still some Bear units who are saying CW and CWI in particulary took the planets from the bears and I am trying to dispell that.

Well what originally happened, we needed outpost in order to open our attack lanes. After we took outpost, the wolves attacked it again to get it back, which started the stigma that we didn't take it first, so anyone not here on day 1 would only know that we are defending outpost from clan wolf.

Edited by 3rdworld, 15 December 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#10 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 15 December 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Then call a Trial of Grievance, stand by the results and put the matter to rest.

#11 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 15 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Well what originally happened, we needed outpost in order to open our attack lanes. After we took outpost, the wolves attacked it again to get it back, which started the stigma that we didn't take it first, so anyone not here on day 1 would only know that we are defending outpost from clan wolf.

I agree. Then the leadership of some of Wolf and Bears worked it out. however, not all the wolves and bears agreed so they continue to bicker back and forth and hit each other.

#12 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

If a proposal had been sent to the Wolf units, a whole day of wasted defense could have been avoided.
The reason this is an issue to many is the fact that it was un-discussed, un-provoked and disrespectful when a peaceful agreement could have been achieved from the beginning, if a proposal had been made.

That the attempt was not made speaks volumes of the instigators in the opinion of some.

now let us ignore what have occurred and hope that the mercenaries go back to their IS factions sooner rather than later...

just my 2 cents

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme, 15 December 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#13 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

CWI attacked Elissa on the first two days. We pushed back. Now we have stopped.

#14 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 15 December 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

CWI attacked Elissa on the first two days. We pushed back. Now we have stopped.

That was in response to Outpost and Skavalla. We stopped once coordination was made between leaders.

#15 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 15 December 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

That was in response to Outpost and Skavalla. We stopped once coordination was made between leaders.
Guess that 6 wins this afternoon was an oppsie too then, huh?Kay.

#16 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostErrodien, on 15 December 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Wasnt CWI hitting you.

#17 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostErrodien, on 15 December 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

We have no boarder against Outpost so we cannot attack it. The ones attacking you were the Free Rasalhauge Republic. The planet of attack open to Clan Wolf against Clan Ghost Bear was (and still is) Elissa.

#18 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

Thank you for clearing that up for me, OP. +1.

Anyway, eventually we will find out that while we can talk to each other in something resembling diplomacy, there are many units that simply don't care or read what others say and act of their own volition.

And yes Errodien, those were FRR attacking Outpost yesterday. They actually had 10 sectors at one point! Were pushed back fast though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users