106 replies to this topic

#81 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostButane9000, on 16 December 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

They would appear to have the least amount of forces/population for CW so they are increasing rewards to attract more mercenaries to contract with those factions. Which is odd for the green pigeons because they appear to be doing fine.

It's looking like the green pigeons have one team that's doing fine. The rest (at least from what's showing on the faction map) aren't accomplishing much.

#82 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 16 December 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

It's looking like the green pigeons have one team that's doing fine. The rest (at least from what's showing on the faction map) aren't accomplishing much.

That's because the one team they have are the Lords.

#83 Rush Maguin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRight behind you...

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

The Jags have actually been on the rebound, and the Ghost Bear haven't had a border change in a couple of days. The Jags may yet bounce back.

#84 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostMechwarrior James, on 16 December 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Same here. I spent over an hour in queues last night, and never did get a drop, even with advertised planets. Very frustrating for solo and small group Smoke Jaguars.

Do not drop in small groups. Here is how you do it. Each one of you presses the "launch" button one by one with a gap of 20 secounds. Whenever one of you joins the queue, every player in your own faction gets a pop up for this planet. And each player of the opposing faction. The more pop ups, the more players will join, the faster the queue gets filled ..

#85 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

Not enough, and if this was to address player populations in factions the two largest factions should have been penalised because IMO they have nearly twice the population of their nearest rivals.

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 16 December 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#86 beaver1776

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

I did write up a little post on this yesterday. It seems like a good start, but I was hoping to see a bit more of an incentive to move population around:

Rewards To Balance Faction Player Base

#87 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 16 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Not enough, and if this was to address player populations in factions the two largest factions should have been penalised because IMO they have nearly twice the population of their nearest rivals.

There really is no need to reward, or penalize any faction based on the number of members. If a faction does not have enough players, then they get wiped out, pure and simple, this is a war simulation after all.

#88 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

All i know is that i have signed up for CJF for one week and have been active now for three days. Take a guess at how many missions i have been able to run.... I'll give you a hint, it is the same size and shape as a Jade Falcon Egg....ZERO...NADDA.....ZILCH!!! I spent a whole Sunday night trying to get into a game....never even came close. 6 planets shown, two attacking, four defending. I went to each one and saw NOTHING....not one single other player. I sat in one queue for almost an hour before saying F-IT and going back to normal drops. This CW gimmick seems to be just that for your casual solo or small group player...a pipe dream....and that is truly a shame.

#89 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostDragunz Pryde, on 16 December 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

All i know is that i have signed up for CJF for one week and have been active now for three days. Take a guess at how many missions i have been able to run.... I'll give you a hint, it is the same size and shape as a Jade Falcon Egg....ZERO...NADDA.....ZILCH!!! I spent a whole Sunday night trying to get into a game....never even came close. 6 planets shown, two attacking, four defending. I went to each one and saw NOTHING....not one single other player. I sat in one queue for almost an hour before saying F-IT and going back to normal drops. This CW gimmick seems to be just that for your casual solo or small group player...a pipe dream....and that is truly a shame.

Look to see about joining up with a unit. The entire system is designed around 10-12 man teams launching. Unless it's a uncontested planet units drop usually inside of 5 minutes.

The other problem is they allow for only one game on a planet to be matched at a time which essentially creates a line effect combined with giving groups a priority advantage means you have first and second tier lines. First tier is 10+ man teams, second tier is less than 10 man teams as well as non grouped players.

I feel like creating a system that allows multiple battles to rage on a planet at once with best out of 3 matches causing the "wins" to change.

Essentially:

there are 6 matches

first set of 3 the defenders win 2 and lose 1.

the second set of matches the attackers in all 3.

Out of those last 6 matches the attackers won 4 out of 6. However because the defenders won 2 out of 3 the attackers only gain 1 point towards the planet instead of 2.

#90 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 16 December 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

There really is no need to reward, or penalize any faction based on the number of members. If a faction does not have enough players, then they get wiped out, pure and simple, this is a war simulation after all.

I agree. Any balancing will lead to no effect or bad blood. If you call it community warfare let the community make the decisions here. If that means crushed factions so be it.

#91 Janus Orworth

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Interstellar transportation in CW is instantaneous. So is refitting and repairs. Supply management is nonexistent. New forces can relocate to the desired theatre in a matter of seconds. This is about as close to a war simulation as my sitting in front of a PC monitor and playing a video game. Which is not very close.

Edit: I think I should come out and admit that I am rather partial to the survival of la Patrie, but that has only some bearing on the issue at hand.

Edited by Janus Orworth, 16 December 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#92 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Yes Ed, let's think like that. Liao and Jags get wiped out ( no matter how many games they win, they still auto lose panets). No new players will even try to play those factions. Players will flock to either Steiner or Davion, both those two get stringer and stronger, they turn on you, wiping Marik out. Then they turn on Kurita wiping them out and so on.
Eventually it'll be Fed suns warrioronline.

We need all the factions for a bit more diversity, although I'm a Kuritan-I want to see Liao survive and DO NOT want to see FOTM superfactions thank you. Look how many are flocking to JF now they see the "lords" start being successful?

#93 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 15 December 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Jade falcon relaly isn't doing that bad tho

they took butte

News is coming in that Jade Falcon clanners after taking the planet, love butte and are refusing to pull out, even as a large force approaches - ready to retake butte and put it back in the hands of its rightful owners...
...it looks like the defenders are in for an absolute &%*$ fight.

#lolz

Edited by White Bear 84, 16 December 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#94 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

View PostDragunz Pryde, on 16 December 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

You're expecting to see people in the lobby the moment you click ATTACK or DEFEND. There is a bug right now where other people do not APPEAR lobby, but in fact they are actually there, just invisible. Once a full team of 12 appears, *poof* they'll all show up. [note: since everybody is invisible, a lot of pugs just come and go, never filling out the team completely, so unless you know what planet people are dropping on the most, you'll sit in queue for 40 minutes or more until enough people come along and brave the wait]

Get into contact with any of the Jade Falcon units, especially if you can find them on TS or other comms, and ask what planet they are dropping and if they're looking for pugs. If they have a 10-man team dropping on Planet X, go drop yourself on Planet X and you'll likely get to drop with them and you'll get the match quickly.

#95 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 December 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Oh good. The greed in me is growing. :D

Greed we like. Black Sheep Mercenaries in route to supporting CSJ. B) Maybe House Liao instead.

Edited by ArchSight, 17 December 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#96 DIrty Crazy Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

CW truly sucks tried all morning 15-30 min wait nada no launch plus the solo Rewards still suck 2 kills 8 assists 600 dmg=110k its a ffuuckking joke.

All I can say to PGI is =(GET YOUR SSHHITT TOGETHER TO FIX YOU GAME)

#1 CW should be like the solo pug queues tops 5 min wait for any battle DERP.
#2 How do I fix this? Simple fill CW up with Clan or IS random PUGS just like you do the solo MM queues.
# Get it done before MWO goes nose up and dies.

Edited by DIrty Crazy Harry, 19 December 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#97 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 19 December 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

CW truly sucks tried all morning 15-30 min wait nada no launch plus the solo Rewards still suck 2 kills 8 assists 600 dmg=110k its a ffuuckking joke.

Well
first get into queues that are filled with peps. (get down in w8 time)
second get mechs you can drive. (you need to focus on your playstyle and the Mech with his Variation/Quirks - not everything suits a player)
third just try to play better. Stay on fokus. Us cover etc. pp..

You can earn on an average win 300 to 400k without Premium Time. With a good run and without primum Time above 500k. With Primium Time and a good run over 700k. This for 30min Playtime. Even if you loose the other 30min game your average earning is okay compared to other gamemodes like assault/skirmish or conquest.

For example:

Posted Image

just for the record in the second game showed i drove a stock adder and stock kitfox, first mech was the DWF last the TBR.
Posted Image

And I'm sure there are pretty much better players than me out there, who can do even better or show you screensshots with much more income. Both games were PuG, with little to less biger units on both sides. If you are coordinated and have a unit you should do even better.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 22 December 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#98 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Coming from a true merc I have to say getting a bonus is always nice.

#99 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostArchSight, on 17 December 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Greed we like. Black Sheep Mercenaries in route to supporting CSJ. B) Maybe House Liao instead.

Go FRR. Eclipse Mercs Corps is back to being under a sky blue flag instead of the CSJ. Also they should put a limit on how many players can serve under a faction. Otherwise we'll be seeing A LOT of davion fanboys killing off the IS and clans...

Edited by Scout Derek, 26 December 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#100 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

So much for Battletech, its PGI Universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users