We Need To Something About The Wolves...

21 replies to this topic

#1 Martok42

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

I think Ghost Bear is certainly a threat, but I have not seen any attacking numbers on a Wolf world near the FRR boarder. Either by FRR, or Steiner.

What's going on here? Are we trying and failing? Are we not even putting up a fight? Wolf is making it's way down with the rest of them, but they seem to be doing so unopposed.

I've been trying to drop on Verthandi for some time, it's totally uncontested, and it rightfully belongs to the FRR. Anyone agree?

Edited by Martok42, 15 December 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#2 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

Oh there is opposition, but we are finally starting to smooth out the differences and we are working well together. We have had some tough fought battles with the IS.

#3 Martok42

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

Well, glad to hear I guess.

Not to spit in the face of the Wolf that just posted, but we need to worry about taking back planets that have been taken as well as defense.

#4 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

This is about the sixth thread to pop up and state the obvious. I'm going to start replying to them all the same way.

The FRR is losing planets. We can see the map. We know. If you want that to change, take a look at the FRR hiring hall, find a competitive unit, and join it. PUG drops don't beat the organized units that are taking worlds, and bemoaning our losses here on the forums doesn't accomplish anything either.

Edited by Malzel, 15 December 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#5 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostMalzel, on 15 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

This is about the sixth thread to pop up and state the obvious. I'm going to start replying to them all the same way.

The FRR is losing planets. We can see the map. We know. If you want that to change, take a look at the FRR hiring hall, find a competitive unit, and join it. PUG drops don't beat the organized units that are taking worlds, and bemoaning our losses here on the forums doesn't accomplish anything either.

Most intelligent thing I have seen posted in a while. It is past time for people to have joined units this is a team game and everyone that has been paying attention knew that CW was on its way.

#6 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

I second Malzel's post. To anybody reading this who is not a member of a unit or is a member of a very small unit: consider joining one of the larger units in the link below. I know most of our units, even the "comp-only" Isengrim, have been accepting new recruits just for the purposes of dropping together in this time of need. Until the UI is updated, we just need to join forces and work together, and if you're not "in the know", then contact some unit leaders and figure out where we're hitting.

FRR unit list: http://mwomercs.com/...t-registration/
Contacts are listed for each unit, you can private message them if you're interested in joining. =]

I'll try to keep this thread updated with where the Isengrim and other units are dropping when I can: http://mwomercs.com/...-cw-drops-here/

#7 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

House Liao is the smallest faction in this game yet they managed to take a planet from the strongest IS faction in this game. If they can do that then you guys can do something about the clans, besides you do get some help from the other houses. I know of many Mariks who have dropped on your planets, and have seen people from every house, except maybe Kurita, in those drops.

#8 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

If ANYONE has questions about what we are or are not doing please come to the FRR Hub, especially during the "crunch" hours. Our strategy will become clear.

#9 Admiral Beard Al Yankovich

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

View PostMartok42, on 15 December 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

I think Ghost Bear is certainly a threat, but I have not seen any attacking numbers on a Wolf world near the FRR boarder. Either by FRR, or Steiner.

What's going on here? Are we trying and failing? Are we not even putting up a fight? Wolf is making it's way down with the rest of them, but they seem to be doing so unopposed.

I've been trying to drop on Verthandi for some time, it's totally uncontested, and it rightfully belongs to the FRR. Anyone agree?

we dont stand a chance with ghostbear, but wolf suck they keep losing to trial mechs

#10 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

You do stand a chance against Ghost Bears. Few hints:

USE YOUR MECHS PROPERLY! You can do what Clans can't. You can run dual gausses on 3 heavies in match that clans can only have on DWs (1 at match max). You can run PPC boats incomparably better than Warhawk on much lighter chassis. You can run Stalkers that soak up damage like no Clan Mech can, and you also have lights no Clan mech can catch up with. Always when I see IS putting these things to use they beat us quite painfully. Two or three ERPPC TDRs can push one line without much effort, so can two or three gauss Jagers. You have pinpoint and can use it very well, that is your strength over us. You can outDPS us and outdamage us, use that to your advantage - applying concentrated fire on our Mechs and kills us in seconds. When it comes to trench warfare, our speed is of no use and our CTs hurt just as much as yours.

What you probably can't is ourflank us, that is until we do something very silly or you use lights. Try gunning us down before pushing, there is a fair chance we will spawn in worse Mechs than those we currently have. SCs are great Mechs but they simply lack the punch of a Timby, Timby lacks the punch of a DW and so on. Kill 20 Clan Mechs and you will see only poor opposition and keep in mind that Clan mechs can either hit hard or fire repeatedly, but not both.

You can always push in force. If Atlases and Stalkers charge, we really can't stop them. Too much armor to gun you down fast, our heat is too great. We can rip apart one or two of your leading Mechs but beyond that we have to wait to cool down and that is your chance. Most of your good mediums also have JJs. Let me tell you, nothing is worse than having to shoot assaults while at 90% heat and you are being jumpsniped by Shadowhawks. You can't do anything, and it is that kind of suppression you want.

Beware of DWs. In trenches they are mostly easily outmaneuvered but the problem is that DWs often don't have speed to get to the trenches in the first place. No matter if Clans are pushing or defending, behind the main force there may be a lumbering death waiting for you. Jumpsnipe it to death or outflank it just as you do in common matches, but keep in your mind that there may be one somewhere. All DWs I've seen or played myself in CW were successfull only because the enemy clearly didn't expect them, and once you are cored it may be to late to react.

That is all that comes to my mind right now. Hope it helps somehow.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 16 December 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#11 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

Pretty much this. If you (as in, anyone) wants to actually help out, join a unit in your play time and that matches your style and start grinding out some matches to help us. Our group had at least one big group from EU time zone and expanded into 2 in the NA timezone all day yesterday (and every day this week.) We are doing our part, along with a lot of the other units here. It does comes down to a pure numbers game. Go to the FRR hub if you do not believe me.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

of course you lose planets, you are the people that got pooped onto by having the most borders at the same time, which makes defending ALL contested planets extremely hard to impossible.

and the bears in the run for terra have practically no other choice than groing though the FRR, while Wolfs, at least gonna have to switch between steiners and FRR.

#13 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yep. Also to any smaller units, maybe try to find a parent unit and run your own company there until you get on your feet and can split off.

#14 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

very good write-up Mordin.

#15 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

I've been sync dropping with CWI (a really great bunch of trueborn! If you're looking for a Wolf unit, go find them :D) into FRR territory a lot, and rarely find organized FRR units. It'd probably help your defense if it weren't just solo mercs from all over the IS defending the borders.

#16 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 December 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

I've been sync dropping with CWI (a really great bunch of trueborn! If you're looking for a Wolf unit, go find them :D) into FRR territory a lot, and rarely find organized FRR units. It'd probably help your defense if it weren't just solo mercs from all over the IS defending the borders.

Probably.

#17 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Unfortunately, to win consistently, you need numbers.

As in many 12man teams.

MM prioritizes 12mans and if you are out numbered, you lose planets to ghost drops.

Its still Beta so im sure PGI will fix it by maybe going to a point based system, or somesuch.

I like it better than regular PUG or group drops but coordination is key.

Teams of solos are VERY disadvantaged vs a 12man.

As far as the FRR. Hey we knew the deck was stacked against us but we fight regardless. We dont have any petty squabbles with the other IS factions. We can focus on the Clans.

Plus we have Millions of gallons of strong *ss mead. We drinks. We gets in the mechs. We turns Amon Amarth up to 11s. We fights till we die. We goes to Valhalla.

Whats so bad about that?

#18 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

Great stuff, Mordin!

#19 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostNoaceik, on 16 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

House Liao is the smallest faction in this game yet they managed to take a planet from the strongest IS faction in this game. If they can do that then you guys can do something about the clans, besides you do get some help from the other houses. I know of many Mariks who have dropped on your planets, and have seen people from every house, except maybe Kurita, in those drops.

PM me. If Marik wants to fight the Clansmen.

#20 Scoutthomson

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

The freeborn scum shall litter the land with blood.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users