Invasion Corridors - Careful Wolfs And Bears.

24 replies to this topic

#1 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

So basically by the map our corridors are mostly predefined:

Posted Image

yet wolfs should be careful when and where to claim steiners, as well as the bears to not slip too far to the "east"

Otherwise we trigger detours on the falcons and jaguars or probably force them more later than sooner to having "go through" these terretories.

further more, we should try to prevent an island planets as the steiners currently have within the Kurita to make sure we do not have to defend planets in our rear, so we need clean borders between the falcons and the Wolfs as well as the Wolfes and Bears and Bears and Jaguars.

Also it seems like the bears will have to deal with Rasalhague as an island, since it was stated capital palnets will not be able to be conquered.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

It would be great if it was confirmed that the claimable planets are indeed based on the canon invasion corridors. I may have to check them again..

And aff, Rasalhague might be a thorn in our side, but when logistics are implemented, it will be close to useless without a supply line.

#3 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

Jags and Falcons just need to push wide then swing back in so as not to crowd Wolves and Bears. Also Clanners need to keep in mind that MWO isn't based on Lore. I mean capturing Terra might be cool and all but it isn't an instant "I win" button nor would it have been in lore either. Terra in Lore was always a symbolic win and wouldn't have subjugated the Inner Sphere either.

#4 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 December 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Jags and Falcons just need to push wide then swing back in so as not to crowd Wolves and Bears. Also Clanners need to keep in mind that MWO isn't based on Lore. I mean capturing Terra might be cool and all but it isn't an instant "I win" button nor would it have been in lore either. Terra in Lore was always a symbolic win and wouldn't have subjugated the Inner Sphere either.

I want it.

#5 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

Island planets are a graphical glitch I believe, as that planet was on the boarder, but the boarder didn't expand properly.

Meanwhile, Jade Falcon seems to be going left when they should be going right. Maybe they're trying to go around Steiner and Marik to get the real thread: Laio.

#6 fritzor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

Many of us in Clan bear have made it clear that we are not interessted in attacking Clan wolf. Those that do is not in our alliance and we will not help them attack. We will how ever defend thos boarders we have now. A truse is the best for both clans so we can focus on IS and the drive to terra.

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

i mean capturing Terra might be cool and all but it isn't an instant "I win" button nor would it have been in lore either. Terra in Lore was always a symbolic win and wouldn't have subjugated the Inner Sphere either.

True. However, Op. Revival itself was a race to Terra, quiaff? So it makes sense that it is our ultimate goal. After it, we will see.. As it will be hard to reform a new Star League in MWO <_<

Btw, do not understand the bragging power that comes with the capture (liberation?) of Terra! :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 16 December 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#8 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

i wish this was more of a race to grab as much terriory under clan as possible instead of veering towards terra in a straight line. this would mean we would have to depend on falcons and jaguars to do the lionshare of the planet taking though

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postmanny082, on 16 December 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

i wish this was more of a race to grab as much terriory under clan as possible instead of veering towards terra in a straight line. this would mean we would have to depend on falcons and jaguars to do the lionshare of the planet taking though

Well, in the lore Clan Wolf was ahead of the other Clans AND had a huge occupation zone. In MWO it seems that we are going to have a narrow OZ, considering that we do not get to choose directly which planets are going to be contested..

#10 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

I guess this is the problem if you run your expected and predictable warfare on noble sentiment rather than real stratergy needs. But I guess the lore purists want their prize, that they lose anyhow?

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostNoesis, on 16 December 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

But I guess the lore purists want their prize, that they lose anyhow?

And why should we lose it?

Terra is the goal of the invasion, period. Sure, we must take a lot of planets in the way, as a big OZ means power, but if not Terra, where would go toward? What would be your strategy?

#12 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 December 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

And why should we lose it?

Terra is the goal of the invasion, period. Sure, we must take a lot of planets in the way, as a big OZ means power, but if not Terra, where would go toward? What would be your strategy?

I see, the lore is only relevant when working in your favour.

I tend not to show my hand when engaged in warfare, it kind of gives the game away as to intentions, perhaps in this case for yourself then exercised quite "literally". ;)

Edited by Noesis, 16 December 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#13 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

The funny thing is it seems that the Jade Falcon didn't the memo about not attacking Clan owned worlds. They have taken as many worlds from Clan Wolf as they have from the Federated Commonwealth (Steiner). Also Terra and the other capital planets will never be taken by anyone, worlds with a star around them cannot be attacked.

#14 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 16 December 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Also Terra and the other capital planets will never be taken by anyone, worlds with a star around them cannot be attacked.

For now*

They might very well be special events in the future. Or perhaps content we can buy from PGI and if you act fast they might even give a limited edition snow globe with a golden terra inside (for the low price of, say, 500$?).

#15 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

If we cannot take Terra and become the ilClan, why would we want to not fight the other clans?

#16 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostGumbyC2C, on 16 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

If we cannot take Terra and become the ilClan, why would we want to not fight the other clans?

That is a very good question sir.

#17 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 16 December 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

The funny thing is it seems that the Jade Falcon didn't the memo about not attacking Clan owned worlds. They have taken as many worlds from Clan Wolf as they have from the Federated Commonwealth (Steiner). Also Terra and the other capital planets will never be taken by anyone, worlds with a star around them cannot be attacked.

Nice try, we may have taken one or two Wolf worlds. But it is much easier pickings in the IS and we have taken many more Lyran worlds. Keep trying to get us to fight each other though, it might save the republic.

#18 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostGumbyC2C, on 16 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Since the taking of Terra is likely going to be a huge tournament with only 1 ultimate victor, I wonder how many will actually make it past the first round.

I mean seriously, the biggest event in BTech lore and you honestly think PGI isn't going to have it streaming all over Twitch, NGNG and so on? Really?

It's a major money making opportunity that I'm fairly certain PGI will not pass up on. I bet they release a Clan and Resistance pack just prior to it as well and one those mechs is going to be the Bushwhacker.

#19 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

I love how you clanners talk as if your going to get thru Rasalhague.........

#20 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

We were, but now PGI only let us attack 1 FRR planet, so we are stuck....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users