Invasion Corridors - Careful Wolfs And Bears.

24 replies to this topic

#21 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 16 December 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Since the taking of Terra is likely going to be a huge tournament with only 1 ultimate victor, I wonder how many will actually make it past the first round.

I mean seriously, the biggest event in BTech lore and you honestly think PGI isn't going to have it streaming all over Twitch, NGNG and so on? Really?

It's a major money making opportunity that I'm fairly certain PGI will not pass up on. I bet they release a Clan and Resistance pack just prior to it as well and one those mechs is going to be the Bushwhacker.

Terra was NEVER attacked directly by the Clans. If they do something like you describe it would be the Battle of Tukayyid.

#22 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 16 December 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I love how you clanners talk as if your going to get thru Rasalhague.........

With all respect to every player and unit faced so far in the Republic, currently like a hot knife through butter...if this is going to change Rasalhague needs to show some better resistance. Preparing New Bergen for settlement in 1 hour.

#23 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 16 December 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

With all respect to every player and unit faced so far in the Republic, currently like a hot knife through butter...if this is going to change Rasalhague needs to show some better resistance. Preparing New Bergen for settlement in 1 hour.

Mercenary Ax2Grind, do you not grow tired of bleeding for Bears at minimum wage? We offer 100% more cbills back to you and your unit. Come, cut through the soft butter of Kurita space with CSJ. It is far better bleed with money, than to die poor....

Edited by Von Blumen, 16 December 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#24 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 16 December 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Terra was NEVER attacked directly by the Clans. If they do something like you describe it would be the Battle of Tukayyid.

Yes but we all know what the big goal is and that this is an alternate reality. If word got out that Terra was not able to be attacked, I don't think MWO would survive the aftermath.

Tukayyid is a whole different story and while the RP Clans might be interested in playing out the Truce, no one else will care because CW effectively comes to a standstill.

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:53 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 December 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Jags and Falcons just need to push wide then swing back in so as not to crowd Wolves and Bears. Also Clanners need to keep in mind that MWO isn't based on Lore. I mean capturing Terra might be cool and all but it isn't an instant "I win" button nor would it have been in lore either. Terra in Lore was always a symbolic win and wouldn't have subjugated the Inner Sphere either.

It's the symbolic win of: YOUR FACTIONS EPEEN ARE OUT OD SCAAAAAAAAAAAALE!!!! and so we all wanna go there :P

View PostBront, on 16 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Island planets are a graphical glitch I believe, as that planet was on the boarder, but the boarder didn't expand properly.

Meanwhile, Jade Falcon seems to be going left when they should be going right. Maybe they're trying to go around Steiner and Marik to get the real thread: Laio.

No it is not, a glitch, it actually happens when two oppsoed planets change the owner in some specific conditions.

View Postmanny082, on 16 December 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

i wish this was more of a race to grab as much terriory under clan as possible instead of veering towards terra in a straight line. this would mean we would have to depend on falcons and jaguars to do the lionshare of the planet taking though

That would not realyl amke sense, becaue with the current way of only being able to attakc a single planet per faction border, this would heavily favour any factions having a low amount of borders, because they can focus their forces on only a few conflicts.

bears and wolfs would be very screwed by being squeezed between the clanners, and Falcons have the tactically bets position being able to mostly conquer steiner and Marik when they allow the wolfes to go downwards preventing to get more than two borders.

View PostPh30nix, on 16 December 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I love how you clanners talk as if your going to get thru Rasalhague.........

Not through, rubbing entirely over it.

After the race to terra, your little cute repuclic may be the target of bears, wolfs and jaguars to be extinct ^^

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 16 December 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yes but we all know what the big goal is and that this is an alternate reality. If word got out that Terra was not able to be attacked, I don't think MWO would survive the aftermath.

Tukayyid is a whole different story and while the RP Clans might be interested in playing out the Truce, no one else will care because CW effectively comes to a standstill.

Russ already stated tera will not be able to be attacked directly. "Winner" may probably be the one reachin to it first.

Terra may be some kind of holy crusade goal for the clanners, but would steinerscare that much about it? or Mariks? They would continue doing their thing. The terra race is an purely innerlcan giant tournament.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users