• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

-Narrow Band Transmission for all FRR-flagged units-

Source: Rasalhague System, Ullr Relay
Encryption Protocol: DATA RESTRICTED MIMIR 1
Trans-ID: Official Riksdag Government, KungsArmé Command, Citadel

Data-Content:

From the Department of Military Education in conjunction with Strategy and Tactics, Reservist Readiness and Mercenary Relations.

To the heroic saga-worthy FRR units and Lonewolves:

The KungsArmé will begin holding FRR-wide training sessions twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday at 8pm EST, 7pm CST, 6pm MST, 5pm PST (NA timezones). It is the belief of the KungsArmé high command that joint training exercises between available units (at those times) will result in greater coordination and success in on our on-going war for survival.

While it is important now, it will be especially important after mixed-unit drops are implemented.

These training sessions are scheduled to last 90 minutes and will be led by Mech The Dane. If you are serious about contributing to the war effort and can find the time, we urge you to attend.

-Chief of Staff of the Military Education Department

-End Content-

Edited by The Riksdag, 16 December 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#2 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Listen up.

This will be a serious training session. It will not be us grouping in 12 man's and just scrimming all day long. We're going start at the beginning and work on fundamentals.

I need everyone who is showing up to bring the right attitude. I need teachable trainable individuals. If you don't like listening, if you don't like being serious or competitive, if you just want to blow up some robots and not concern yourself with the finer details of being good - then this is not for you.

But if you have patience and willingness to do what it takes to be better and to make the FRR better, then by all means please come. Depending on the volume of people we have showing up I will likely need a few commanders from other units to help me out - if you want that PM me on these forums.

We're going to start at the very beginning, movement training. Walking together, getting into firing lines, and wheeling around corners. If we have time we might incorporate some non-verbal focus firing drills and some basic instruction in how to get the most out of your mech.

The Dates:

Wednesdays: 8pm EST, 7pm CST, 6pm MST, 5pm PST
Sundays: 8pm EST, 7pm CST, 6pm MST, 5pm PST

The Place:
FRR HUB TS just look for me

Edited by Mech The Dane, 16 December 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#3 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

What is NA timezone? Never Available? Need Action? North atlantic? Wow, a damn big ocean with 5(?) time zomes on water alone!

hint hint

UTC/GMT

hint hint

#4 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

If you can't figure it out Lenn you are probably better off playing Steiner. :)

#5 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

If possible let your units know about this and spread the word to any lonewolves you see kicking around.

#6 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

A lots of people will be quite surprised to see how much a little bit of 'walking around' practice actually helps in battle when its comes time to start shooting.

#7 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

Heads up.
I altered the time to make it an hour earlier. I didn't want it encroaching too much into "crunch" time before the day ends.

#8 Publius

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

How would one go about attending these training sessions?

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Show up on the FRR hub.

#10 Adverse Reaction

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

Is it worth jumping in even if showing up an hour late, or is this going to be a "miss the flight and you're out" kinda thing?

#11 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

It's 14.00 CET (German time) - so perhaps that's possible for some Phoenix Legionaires to attend. We'll see ;)

Thanks for the invitation.

#12 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostAdverse Reaction, on 17 December 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Is it worth jumping in even if showing up an hour late, or is this going to be a "miss the flight and you're out" kinda thing?

It can't hurt to show up. But around then we'll start transitioning into our regular 12 man attacks in CW, as the cease-fire-moon will be rising.

#13 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 17 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

It can't hurt to show up. But around then we'll start transitioning into our regular 12 man attacks in CW, as the cease-fire-moon will be rising.

I take it these are still going? Think you'll be running them after the first of the year? Very much down to drop in a few of these once I have some time in the schedule again.

#14 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

Assuming they are successful and I don't lose my mind, I see no reason why to stop having them.

#15 Northwind Highlander

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

quote:
It's 14.00 CET (German time) - so perhaps that's possible for some Phoenix Legionaires to attend. We'll see ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I do the math wrong, but I think it's more like 1am in Germany.

So it would be NA only. Does FRR think about doing stuff like this for international time zones too?

Would gladly join your cause.

Edited by Northwind Highlander, 17 December 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#16 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostNorthwind Highlander, on 17 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I do the math wrong, but I think it's more like 1am in Germany.

So it would be NA only. Does FRR think about doing stuff like this for international time zones too?

Would gladly join your cause.

Damn your right. Mixed up am and pm :wacko:

It's really 0200 hours so in the middle of the night here...

#17 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

Yes, I am sorry European Units. That time is the only one I am available for, however if some European units wanted to also host a training session - I see no reason why not. Just get with me and we can figure it out.

#18 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

20 minutes and counting.

#19 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Great Training today. Great showing.

Lets do it again on Sunday at the times listed in the post. Tell your friends, tell your units. Lets get everyone involved in this.

We're building the KungsArme one drop at a time.

#20 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

Title: Royal Kungsarmé Training Debrief
Date: Classified
Origin: The Desk of General Mech The Dane of the Kungsarmé
Intended: FRR House Units, FRR lonewolves and the Kungsarmé

Content:

Good day gentleman,

I just wanted to go over a quick debrief of our first Kungsarmé training exercises. We had a total of 23 MechWarriors make the training session. This includes warriors from: The 1st Hussars, the 5th Drakons, the Skjaldborg, the 2323, and the Isengrim. There were also some lonewolves and members of smaller Rasalhague units present as well.

We had a nice mix of veteran warriors and recent recruits and together we worked on a couple standard movement drills. We got everyone accustomed to moving together, and hopefully in their future engagements this will be something they are able to use.

We did two 20 minute private drops on Frozen City Night and Crimson Strait. The majority of the time we worked on our drills and we ended each session with a live-fire exercise.

It is my intent that in the future we will run through these movement exercises at the beginning of each training session. As we become more proficient at them and as more members of the Kungsarmé learn them, we will be able to do them quickly and move on to newer and more advanced drills.

In all I believe we planted the seed to a well coordinated multi-unit force.

We will be having another practice this Sunday. I encourage everyone who attended the 1st to also come to this, and everyone who couldn't, to try to make it as well. I believe the regulars will find themselves becoming leaders in the Kungsarmé forces.

If you have suggestions, feel free to meet with me in the half hour before practice, or PM on the forums. The 1st Hussars mentioned wanting to include an aiming practice on Sunday, so we'll try to accommodate that in our 2nd 20 minute drops.

That is all. Keep up the good work. You're making the Kungsarmé proud.

-Mech The Dane

Edited by Mech The Dane, 18 December 2014 - 10:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users