Marik Drop Decks?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm looking to have my drop decks consist of only mechs that the Free World's League would have used.

It looks like the choices are... slim.

Either Marik hates mechs, or PGI hates Marik.

Per http://www.sarna.net...ue_BattleMechs:

Light: Firestarter, Raven, Spider
Medium: Cicada, Trebuchet
Heavy: Orion and, uh... Orion?
Assault: Awesome and, uh... yeah, another Awesome?

The second difficulty is that... I like autocannons :(

Right now I'm running Thunderbolts, a Shadowhawk, and a Hunchback or Griffin.

#2 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

We have a Hunchback, Griffin, Centurion and Thunderbolt factory, from what I can tell by snooping around on Sarna. I don't think they include general mechs in the faction category lists.

Just remember to paint it purple and all will be well.

#3 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

We have plenty of mechs at our disposal. The "m" designator only applies to mechs and variants produced in the Free Worlds League after the fall of the Star League. A vast number of the Star League's mechs were produced in what is now the Free Worlds League and many of these mechs are still produced and still very common in the FWLM. For example, all of the Phoenix and Sabre mechs are common in the FWLM, especially the Wolverine, Shadow Hawk and Locust.

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 December 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#4 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

What about some upcoming mechs like the Zeus or Enforcer?

#5 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 16 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

What about some upcoming mechs like the Zeus or Enforcer?

Any Zeus mechs in the FWLM are salvaged from Steiner and Enforcers are almost exclusively Davion mechs, so those would be rare as well.

Look on Sarna, any mech that lists Irian, Kali-Yama, or Earthwerks as a manufacturer, will be very common in the FWLM since these manufacturers are in the Free Worlds League.

Also, remember that older battlemechs are handed down from generation to generation many times, so who knows how your parent/grandparent/greatgrandparent etc... ended up with that non-"Marik" mech.

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 December 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#6 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Any way to easily search against that, rather than having to go into each mech individually?

Or any handy list of Mechs that exist in MWO and which factions might be seen fielding them?

#7 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 16 December 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Any way to easily search against that, rather than having to go into each mech individually?

Or any handy list of Mechs that exist in MWO and which factions might be seen fielding them?

I have a list, that is pretty accurate, but not totally complete, however, I am not able to link it right now. I have also, provided allot of resources to various FWLM and MGA members over the years. If I see you on TS later, I will find something for you.

#8 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

No worries. If it is posted on FWLM site I'll look for it there. Just figured maybe we could all benefit from having the discussion here for all Marik affiliated players to build some lore-friendly drop decks should they wish to.

Thanks!

#9 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

1. Raven 3L: Narc / erLL / Tag / ML (NARCBOT/ECM)
2. Griffin 3M: SRM4's / 2x ML (All Arounder / Need a better Replacement)
3. Catapult A1: 6x LRM5 (LRM Boat)
3. Catapult C4: 2x SRM6 / 2x ML (Micro Splatcat)
4. Awesome 8R.:2x LRM15 / 2x LRM5 / 2x ML / Tag (LRM Boat)

Typically all my mechs have BAP/AMS
Modules like Radar Dep or Sensors.

#10 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Good question Kraven.

This link provides a handy reference to see which mechs were available to the FWL. Look around the era date of 3050 which coincides with the clan invasion timeframe.

http://www.catalystd...16&UnitTypeID=8

The M variants refer to models that were refurbished with Star league era advancements made possible by the discovery of the Helm Memory core. FWL traditionally had a shortage of assault mechs and trade with the neighboring states was vital for components and equipment not manufactured in the league.

My drop deck is lore friendly using an AWS-9M, Orion-M, Quickdraw and Locust. I have also mastered and kitted out all the M variant mechs which are ready to be dropped in at a moments notice.

#11 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostEvogenesis, on 16 December 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Good question Kraven.

This link provides a handy reference to see which mechs were available to the FWL. Look around the era date of 3050 which coincides with the clan invasion timeframe.

http://www.catalystd...38;UnitTypeID=8

The M variants refer to models that were refurbished with Star league era advancements made possible by the discovery of the Helm Memory core. FWL traditionally had a shortage of assault mechs and trade with the neighboring states was vital for components and equipment not manufactured in the league.

My drop deck is lore friendly using an AWS-9M, Orion-M, Quickdraw and Locust. I have also mastered and kitted out all the M variant mechs which are ready to be dropped in at a moments notice.

That Catalyst page is a nice reference, I did not know about it! It does not show the rarity of the mechs in the FWLM though.

#12 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostEvogenesis, on 16 December 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Good question Kraven.

http://www.catalystd...16&UnitTypeID=8

That is a HUGE help, thanks!

#13 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hmmm... perhaps my next news feed will feature the defense industries of the FWLM highlighting the mechs in production and their rarity.

#14 64K RAM SYSTEM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 16 December 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'm looking to have my drop decks consist of only mechs that the Free World's League would have used.

It looks like the choices are... slim.

Either Marik hates mechs, or PGI hates Marik.

Per http://www.sarna.net...ue_BattleMechs:

Light: Firestarter, Raven, Spider
Medium: Cicada, Trebuchet
Heavy: Orion and, uh... Orion?
Assault: Awesome and, uh... yeah, another Awesome?

The second difficulty is that... I like autocannons :(

Right now I'm running Thunderbolts, a Shadowhawk, and a Hunchback or Griffin.

Please note that the Sarna site only lists mechs manufactured in the FWL. It does not mean that other mechs are not also available in large quantities.

I suggest you look at this Topic:
http://mwomercs.com/...wo-marik-mechs/
It has a good list of mechs available for Marik.

But really no need to take the mech restrictions too seriously. Basicaly all houses have access to all mech types with possibly some rare exceptions. So you like autocannons? Use a Jaegermech I'm sure FWL has some captured Jaegermechs too. Just remember to paint it purple to avoid being shot at as a Davion ;) .

Edited by 64K RAM SYSTEM, 16 December 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#15 64K RAM SYSTEM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 16 December 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

We have plenty of mechs at our disposal. The "m" designator only applies to mechs and variants produced in the Free Worlds League after the fall of the Star League. A vast number of the Star League's mechs were produced in what is now the Free Worlds League and many of these mechs are still produced and still very common in the FWLM. For example, all of the Phoenix and Sabre mechs are common in the FWLM, especially the Wolverine, Shadow Hawk and Locust.

My understanding is that the "M" variants of Marik mechs are the newest and most expensive ones reserved for elite units only.

Also the "M" in the model name does not nessesarily mean it is a Marik mech.
For instance the Locust 1M is actualy a Davion variant where as the Locust 3M is a Marik model.

Edited by 64K RAM SYSTEM, 16 December 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#16 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

View Post64K RAM SYSTEM, on 16 December 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

My understanding is that the "M" variants of Marik mechs are the newest and most expensive ones reserved for elite units only.

For instance the Locust 1M is actualy a Davion variant where as the Locust 3M is a Marik model.

Well, I'm in the Silverhawks and lucky enough to have been given more than a hover-truck armed with a pair of medium lasers :D

#17 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the Locust 1M is produced by the FWL as an export model to the Davions.

Yes, the M variants are made with the latest top of the line technology so it makes sense for them to be reserved for elite units within the FWLM.

Edited by Evogenesis, 16 December 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#18 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Post64K RAM SYSTEM, on 16 December 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Well, let's just keep things simple and use the Catalyst website.

#19 64K RAM SYSTEM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think you are right.

Also the Catalyst site lists Locust 1M as available for the FWL. Would make sense if the mech was actualy manufactured there in the first place.

Oh well... This just underlines the difficulty in finding out facts about an imaginary universe made for an old board game. :wacko:

#20 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

View Post64K RAM SYSTEM, on 16 December 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

I think you are right.

Also the Catalyst site lists Locust 1M as available for the FWL. Would make sense if the mech was actualy manufactured there in the first place.

Oh well... This just underlines the difficulty in finding out facts about an imaginary universe made for an old board game. :wacko:

The M means that that specific variant originated in the FWLM, it does not mean that it is not manufactured in other successor states by different manufacturers. Many of the manufacturers in the IS traded with and or stole plans from each other.

Also, anything from Catalyst is Canon now.

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 December 2014 - 01:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users