Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archived

76 replies to this topic

#61 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

where is the recording?
you know, cuz you guys live on the other side of the world and all......

#62 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

Ok so these town meetings are great and all but when i log on and i click those links it's just got the dumb arses who think there pewdiepew instead playing, i want the link to the podcast to hear what was said, not watch some dumb kid play the game who i can play better than.

#63 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

I can't seem to find the youtube link,is it archived on twitch too,I'd better look again can't find it,it's annoying when you live in the future sometimes miss stuff in the middle of the night and a day late =P

#64 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/v/3617195

There we go

#65 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

View Postlive1991, on 18 December 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

It cuts me out at around 15 minutes. Anything wrong with that link or is it error on my side?

#66 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

how long for ?

#67 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

damn I felt asleep within the break, why did they put that boring ambiente music in there.

View PostThat Dawg, on 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Lets start with endo for the Nova, shall we?

That does not adress the worst issue of the mech being superfat, slow and nearly an instant shot. damage and firepower are quite ok, except that you can not build much variety into the Nova.

#68 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 18 December 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

It cuts me out at around 15 minutes. Anything wrong with that link or is it error on my side?

Yeah - cuts at around 15 mins - but if you reaload and skip to 16mins it plays

#69 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

Anyone care to to provide a summary? Was anything new or interesting revealed?

#70 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

Summary: http://www.reddit.co...how_notes_1217/

#71 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 December 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

damn I felt asleep within the break, why did they put that boring ambiente music in there.

That does not adress the worst issue of the mech being superfat, slow and nearly an instant shot. damage and firepower are quite ok, except that you can not build much variety into the Nova.

endo would be a simply, and needed START
its a laser boat, always. It was a great laser boat. no more, needs help

#72 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 18 December 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

endo would be a simply, and needed START
its a laser boat, always. It was a great laser boat. no more, needs help

The point is still the nova is an easy picked opponent, it just oops instant, no matter what weapons it has endo doesn't helps making it a pointless chassis that even some direwolfs can obliteate in one alpha, and that nearly any heavy can core to red in a single alpha. It doe snot need tonnage, it needs to survuve something, its the most squishy mech on the whole field. any other emch has either better hitboxes and or speed to dodge or minimize the time its under fire. Or they simply have more HP.
Why did soem drgaosn turned out borderline OP? well PGI judged them T5, and buffed the real issue: HP at the giant nose + they gave him weapon quirks. The Godhand of the dragon was the result.
Nova is fine wiht firepower, also with heat if you give it a proper loadout. But no matter what you do it pops like a soap bubble.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 December 2014 - 04:29 AM.

#73 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 December 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors!

Dec 17th @ 6PM PST Russ Bullock will be holding a Town Hall on NGNG's Twitch stream to discuss Community Warfare. You may even hear some details on future plans for MechWarrior Online!

You can follow and watch NGNGTv here: http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

The Town Hall will begin on Wednesday, December 17th, 2014, and will run from 6PM to 8PM PST.

See you there!

So where is it located for viewing it later if u missed it, or did you guys forget to record it.... If u did record it, could you do something intelligent, like put a link to it in the topic?

View PostLily from animove, on 18 December 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

The point is still the nova is an easy picked opponent, it just oops instant, no matter what weapons it has endo doesn't helps making it a pointless chassis that even some direwolfs can obliteate in one alpha, and that nearly any heavy can core to red in a single alpha. It doe snot need tonnage, it needs to survuve something, its the most squishy mech on the whole field. any other emch has either better hitboxes and or speed to dodge or minimize the time its under fire. Or they simply have more HP.
Why did soem drgaosn turned out borderline OP? well PGI judged them T5, and buffed the real issue: HP at the giant nose + they gave him weapon quirks. The Godhand of the dragon was the result.
Nova is fine wiht firepower, also with heat if you give it a proper loadout. But no matter what you do it pops like a soap bubble.

So its a glass cannon, isnt that the point?

Edited by Jiang Wei, 18 December 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#74 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 18 December 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

So where is it located for viewing it later if u missed it, or did you guys forget to record it.... If u did record it, could you do something intelligent, like put a link to it in the topic?

So its a glass cannon, isnt that the point?

That's the point where a mech never leaves a hangar, unless the glasscannon does like 200+ damage per volley, which it doesn't. You can use SCR have a similar firepower and you are sitting in a medium sized fortress. (becasue more than 6 ML isn't going far by heat efficiency, 8is probably the max)

pointless can at least not be written woithout 'point'

#75 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 December 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

And anyone claiming about heatissues with the nova is in my opinion just a medicore skiled player, you don't need to fire all it has, but you need to survive to constantly put out damage.
But surviving in the nova means relying on teamates distracting the opponents. But thats not how you win a game, you need to be able to do a proper game on youself.

Lily, not to be rude to you, but the heat issues on the Nova have been around since FASA first designed them, I have been around the Battletech Universe for 25+ years, I still play Battletech and occasionally I like to play some REAL Mechwarrior, the tabletop role playing game. I know people who use and have no issues with the heat on them AS THEY LEARNED HOW TO MANAGE HEAT, it does not mean you have to rely on the team. My Buddy routinely deals 5-700 damage with multiple kills without relying on the team or shutting down or feeling (as others have said) that his mech is too slow.

That brings me back to learn to pilot the mech and learn to manage your heat, and don't assume that you know why ANYONE else may say anything they may say.... is it fair to you for me to say that anyone who thinks heat is NOT an issue (with the Nova) is a horribad player at best?

#76 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Meh...I like my Novas. Just finished Mastering them last night. (also didn't change the Omni-pods...makes it more interesting) Now it's on to the Gargoyles.

Let the Gargoyle bashing commence. :P

#77 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 18 December 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

January focused on CW, fixes and new content.
Completely new design for Mechlab and UI coming
New Player Tutorials, Steam Integration being worked.
Collisions, Improving Hit Detection.
Once thats all done then Single Player Campaign and other PVE content, Command Wheel, VOIP.

Wahoo! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users