Useless Waiting Time

5 replies to this topic

#1 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

Hi !

Waiting is not playing, waiting is just boring...

I'm not complaining ONLY about the matchmaker...

When you launch a game:

- you wait for the match maker to find a game
- you wait because some people have trouble to connect
- you wait the initiation sequence "all system nominal" (this drives me mad)
- If you want ALL your rewards have to wait until the end of the game
- Sometime, the game doen't end because of a disconnected player or a last ennemy light trolling around...

THIS TOO MUCH !!!

I find spending more time doing nothing than being on the battlefield ! And when you finally play, the major risk is having no luck / be stomped.

Some idea to improve gaming experience:

1 A game should be 3 battles in a row with same teams or with auto balance between battles. This is a major cut to the waiting time.

2 Playing lights or mediums not only grants you shorter wait times but also a flat 25% for mediums and 50% for lights c-bill bonus. If some players catch the bait, this will improve waiting time for heavies and assaults...

3 People trying to connect are a problem... Sorry for them, but players that ALWAYS have connection problems should have a "special ELO" allowing them to play with only people who ALWAYS have connections problems. This should improve a lot the begining countdown for regular players. The unfotunate players won't see the difference: they will wait the "59sec multiple reseting countdown" as usual...

4 A disconnected mech should count as "dead". So if he is the last of his team, the game end.

5 Merge the begining countdown with the repetitive all "systems nominal sequence", this should save some time...

6 The last player alive in a team will suffer of a negative C-bill amount per second for cowardise. This is against powering down mechs and lights trolling around the map. The best to do when you are the last is to act as a true mechwarrior: dying like a brave.

Remember PGI: less wait is more fun. More fun is more players. More players is more income.

#2 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

I agreed with some of the thing you said, but most of it was just nuts.

Giving lights and mediums c-bill bonuses as a stopgap measure until a better way of balancing can be found? Sounds good.
Forcing people to play three games in a row? Sounds bad.
Banishing people with sometimes spotty connections to ELO hell just because you feel entitled to it? Sounds bad.
Taking c-bills away from the last ct crit light on the team just because they want to run down the clock on a conquest map because his team is up on resource points? Sounds bad.

See where I'm going here?

If you really want to reduce waiting times you need to increase the population of people playing.
Alienating entire sections of an already fractured and small player base with convoluted and ill-concieved ideas isn't going to change that for the better.

#3 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 16 December 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Taking c-bills away from the last ct crit light on the team just because they want to run down the clock on a conquest map because his team is up on resource points?

that is the one n only reason to hide and wait

its also what every post that complained about cowardice; to use the OP's choice of words; is not about
its about players hiding as much as possible not to get killed and lose on K/D stat or something, on skirmish for instance

I have yet to hear any reason why one would do this in a game where you don't have to pay for R&R, loose mechs when you die or anything else the like, besides being afraid getting shot at, preserving ego, or strait trolling

Posted Image

back to OP

positive incentives might work the best, since mediums are not the damage machines like heavy's n assaults can be

also group up and join the group que, behavior like that is a lot less common
also FF n the like

Edited by Peter2k, 16 December 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#4 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

Why is this in Guides & Strategies?

#5 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

See where I'm going here?

If you really want to reduce waiting times you need to increase the population of people playing.
Alienating entire sections of an already fractured and small player base with convoluted and ill-concieved ideas isn't going to change that for the better.

I understand your opinion.

But in order to increase the population of player... The game must be more attractive...

#6 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostGauvan, on 16 December 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Why is this in Guides & Strategies?

because Egomane isn't a moderator any more I guess

things really gotten out of hand with people posting suggestions in general n all over

Edited by Peter2k, 16 December 2014 - 02:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users