Clan Wars Options To Attack Or Defend Other Clans!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

I noticed in clan wars that me a clan ghost bear is give a option to defend clan jade falcon space why is that a option for me or anyone else to defend other factions space ?

does anyone else think that is weird or wrong is need to be fixed! if you pick a faction you should be limited to attacking for that group or defending that group

Edited by Khârn, 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#2 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

Selecting defend you end up in a mixed faction drop unless you are in a 12man it would seem. I've hit defend a couple times and was put off by the mixed defense.

I get better games selecting attack, then getting put into defending a counter-attack, than if I select defend outright.

If anything, there should be some kind of formal alliance where Clan X and help their ally Clan Y, but not the other two. Makes no sense that as a Jade Falcon, I can somehow find my way solo across the galaxy to help defend a SJR planet. Let alone solo through hostile territory since I could attack a wolf world, but end up defending a different world with those exact same wolves the very next drop.

Better not talk too much trash during those faction vs same faction games I guess. Could end up with backup that, well.... backs way up when the fighting starts.

*Disclaimer - I'm solo and I do not attack Clan worlds. I am here to get to Terra so I will always push into IS territory with my attacks.

Edited by AlphaToaster, 16 December 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

The IS has the same option for defending each other on their side.

It was likely done by PGI to allow maximum involvement by players in community warfare.

It will probably be tweaked as CW evolves to be more restrictive, but right now, as non-immersive and non-intuitive as this is, it does allow the most CW-population possible (theoretically). Given how long queue times are for solos and small groups, it clearly isn't working as intended yet.

#4 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Large groups can drop in defense. Last night we ran into a 10 man group of Skye Rangers. There were also two other unaligned Lyran players so I wonder if the defending faction gets preference in drops, but I can't confirm that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users