#1 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

Greetings fellow mechwarriors,

I just wanted to compile a quick post on hit detection as the game is experiencing now.

Ever since community warfare went live, players have been experiencing trouble with hit detection to varying degrees. The most common complaints are:
  • Damage glow is present on the enemy mech, but no damage is registered by the targeting system on our mechs. The crosshair does not flash red to indicate damage on the mech.
  • You now have to lead in front of the target in order to deal damage to the mech, however this will only allow you to hit the target and not specific components.
Below is video proof of these issues:

The video was recorded yesterday by Makbeer, and you can hear myself directing him to fire at different points on my mech. See for yourself to ascertain how bad hit detection is now.

Ping: 200-250ms

Just to note: Before people make comments about the ping being the issue, I would like to add that hit detection was spot on for myself and other gamers in the region. After two years of playing this game regularly I have never had any issues with hit detection until the community warfare patch.

I hope PGI takes stock of the issue and does testing to figure out the problems that lead to this and have it fixed.

Other posts that have sprang up over the past week on hit detection:
http://mwomercs.com/...ction-problems/
http://mwomercs.com/...181553-hit-reg/
http://mwomercs.com/...rking-properly/
http://mwomercs.com/.../182733-hitreg/

Reddit forum:
http://www.reddit.co...est_trial_nova/

If anyone has any more data or information to add to this post please do.

*Update* 19th December 2014
  • Just wanted to say that Russ has replied on twitter and mentioned that something will be done about hit registration for lasers. His team will attempt to implement a quick fix this evening on this.
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/...809988501782528

*Update* 20 December 2014
  • PGI has rolled out a hot fix that returns lasers to pre community warfare!

Edited by Scorcher, 19 December 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

Before CW hit reg was about "95%" for me.
Now hit reg is about 60%, and is especially bad with lasers on moving targets, regardless of size.

#3 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

This is a MASSIVE issue for me right now. =/

#4 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Nice videos. I have the same issue, 200 ping myself

This effects everyone, even those with <50 ping.

The game is international, most people have over 100+ so it a big issue.

ESpicialy with all the light rushes, mega lagshield, no wonder ppl cant kill them properly like before.

#5 Stella Starslayer

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

I have ping that sits at a steady 54ms and this is also and issue for me. Gauss has no problems with hit detection, but lasers have to lead their targets, and even then, sometimes don't reg.

#6 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

I shot a Firestarter in the back with 7 ML while he was moving away from me in astraight line and his back didn't even turn orange. Although seeing your video it's worse than I thought.

#7 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

It is a reoccurring issue for me, I have a stable ping between 118-122ms and it happens often enough when I shoot people in the same ping range. Same problem as you guys, dmg glow, nearly no dmg to no dmg done.

#8 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostScorcher, on 16 December 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ping: 200-250ms

Unfortunately... This kinds of posts, tends to be ignored till it gets archived and disappears.
Prove me wrong. PGI... :mellow:

Nice video btw... I always like it how when lead shoot with lasers and when the mech gets legged or something.
The mech get legged in the position where you currently see it on screen NOT where you are lead shooting your lasers at !

This whole issue just screams desync issues... Luckily CW have made the problem more obvious than ever...

#9 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostShinVector, on 17 December 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Unfortunately... This kinds of posts, tends to be ignored till it gets archived and disappears.
Prove me wrong. PGI... :mellow:

Nice video btw... I always like it how when lead shoot with lasers and when the mech gets legged or something.
The mech get legged in the position where you currently see it on screen NOT where you are lead shooting your lasers at !

This whole issue just screams desync issues... Luckily CW have made the problem more obvious than ever...

yup, there have been lots of topics on the main forums as well as other secondary forums about the issue but there have been no mentions from any devs on where the issue is. Ping / HSR / Hitbox etc

#10 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

So many threads have popped up about this recently. We even tweeted to Russ and he said that only happens at 500ms ping. We mentioned that we constantly play at 200-250ms and it was never like this before. Still have not heard an answer whether PGI is going to look into it.

Something somewhere in their massive update has upset the balance in Hit Detection. I am really hoping someone at PGI takes notice and does something about it. If not you might get people dropping off the game when they can't hit targets.

#11 Mjoelnnir

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

I can confirm the same behaviour with a Ping of 100. I don´t have to lead the shoot that much but still a bit.
Also this behaviour dffers from Weapon to Weapon. PPC is the worst weapon right now. You cannot shoot two at the same time. One just flies throuh the Mech. Normal and ER Laser got worse aswell, Pulse Laser do seem to hit way better.

I got no Issues with Rockets so far. Even SRMs seem to hit. But I need test those more.

#12 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:41 AM

Common experience for me. 250mb connection, living in Stockholm, Sweden and fairly close to a network hub. My ping bounces between 120-140 and laser hit-reg is.. suspect, at best.

#13 Elorith

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

Same issue here.
At first I thought it was a problem on my end, but after asking around a lot of players seem to have the exact same issue.
Has there actually been any response from PGI regarding this issue?

Apologies for my English, it is not my native language.

#14 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

hit reg has never been so bad, you broke the game: lasers do not register damage

#15 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

I have it at 40 ping and noticed a vast improvement in damage when I swapped out my favorite swayback for a ac5 boat. 200-300 damage jumped to 700-800 with 3 kills.

#16 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

I have seen 10 Lords having trouble killing a single Firestarter. He survived more than 20 seconds under constant ERML/ERLL fire.
If that's enough proof that the laser hitreg is abysmal.

#17 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

It is the "normal" bad hit registration for lasers, somehow CW made it worse and more players are impacted.

With my 150mS ping I have far less problems with SRMs and other slow weapons than lasers.

#18 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:59 AM

160 ping, cant hit even atlas. Did they turned off HSR module?

#19 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

BUMP!!!

#20 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

My 'normal' ping since they moved the servers is between 90 and 100ms (used to be <80) and I can state that playing in a Firestarter last night I had a hellva strange experience.

Dead centre shots barely registered (if at all) on a crimson red torso of a King Crab, what's worse though is I ended up doing 5 passes on him to finally kill him all the while the remaining enemy team couldn't shoot me down - not for lack of trying. I'm not interested in playing in mechs that don't register hits; I want far gameplay.

I'm hoping the upcoming patch addresses this otherwise I'll take a break until it is fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users