81 replies to this topic

#1 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

So alot of poisonous topics and posts in the last few days.

The majority of these "issues" threads have spawned because Mercenaries are pretending to be clanners and F'n up inter-clan relations, with their behavior.

This is an entirely viable tactic to use for IS pilots since PGI decided to let Clans have mercs and contracts.

I know the lore argument does not work, but what is the point of having a faction assosciation if that faction does not represent the original incarnations of that faction?

PGI, please make Mercenaries stick with their dishonourable freebirth factions, we clansmen are clansmen among other things because we do not appreciate the behavior of these stravags, and you forcing them on us when we do not want them to meddle is a pretty big middle finger.
By now we are all aware of your love for the inner sphere, but do you really fail to see that the clans of kerensky hold it in more awe than the barbarians that make up its residents?
If you guys truly are as big IS fanboys as the rumours say, then why did you implement the clans in your game?
If you do not want us here on the premises of being clansmen, what is the point of having clans in the game?
The argument; money! do not hold up as they would have made a lot more money with MC only stealth armor, heat cloak and what not...

#2 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

lol ;)

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

We will hear a lot of hate sir, but i agree with your post.

I mean, a Clan Wolf banner does not make you a Wolf, your action and behaviour do.

#4 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

The implementation of mercenaries in CW leaves a lot to be desired.

First, the clans did not hire mercenaries. They should be a separate faction in the IS.

The way it is right now they can just flip sides every 7 days but instead of fighting for their faction (IS vs Clans) they can just focus on infighting instead and be nothing but a disruption. This is NOT what mercenaries in battletech are supposed to be.

#5 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Of course the Clans "never" fought one another:

Posted Image

You made your wolf den now lie in it, you are fractured by previous disagreements with your units, attacking Clansmen left and right, showing your hand openely it seems on the forums with intentions, breaking any agreements with others. Then saying that you were/are gifting planets to Clans then complaining they have been taken, sending out all sorts of mixed messages and poor diplomacy with others and still running around the forums posturing like you own the place.

it is the same for other Clans who seem to be handling the situation better so why is it only the wolves who seem to be whining about their lot? Even the Jags recgonised as a smaller Clan group seems to be handling their own and at least not complaining to the point of wanting the system changed but doing their best with what they are given, my hats off to them.

And from a lore perspective of believing that relations are supposed to be all rosey between the various Clans and that there is no infighting is a poor reflection on how they were from lore, that even assuming that we have or should follow the lore to the letter. Also the Dark Caste from Lore would have clandestine representatives within the Clans themselves who would be capable of influencing the kinds of events described even without any posturing or clandestine events within the Clans themselves. Admittedly it would not be honourable to the council of this kind of behaviour but then I guess history shows that betrayel and other missgivings in the Clans meant this wasn't always followed to the letter.

I think the prize that Clan Wolf from the books has clouded your visions somewhat and thinking that you are entitiled to what Clan Wolf did achieve from this perspective rather than playing what is MWO and making it interesting for everyone else by not having to follow how you think things should turn out.

This pride in your pack might be your undoing. It's warfare, deal with it and respect the alliances and relationships if you want to succeed with your aims, continue to waltz around thinking you own the place and expect things to work a certain way cause the books said so, won't actually help. But I guess you might simply ignore this advice continuing to implode from within and not forming good relations with others and continue to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 17 December 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

The implementation of mercenaries in CW leaves a lot to be desired.

First, the clans did not hire mercenaries. They should be a separate faction in the IS.

The way it is right now they can just flip sides every 7 days but instead of fighting for their faction (IS vs Clans) they can just focus on infighting instead and be nothing but a disruption. This is NOT what mercenaries in battletech are supposed to be.

Wlel the issue still sticks I can now constantly attack ghost bears and detsroy the relations between the clans. There is nothing that actually prevents this.
Then I go bears and attakc wolves and fuel all the stuff even more.
Somehow this kidna sucks tbh, and contracts should always be forever.

Actually I hoped it would always have been like that:

choose a clan, be bound to it.
choose clanloyalist, be able to contract any other clan, but not attakc any clan, only attack IS.

Yet the changing possibility for the faction will grant a lot stuff for traitors trying to detsroy the contracts.

Actually we should create a "Dishonored hall".
A thread where defenders can post the screens with the attackers who act vs the agreements of the bigger units.
Yet such a threat should not violate the CoC, because every game is still free to attack what he wants, nor do we put true shame amongst them. But the thread would help to identify the free radicals amongs the clanners who do not act withint the clans majorities politics.

#7 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

The problem is the potential for sabotage. A merc starvag can easily fight for house Steiner then switch to clan jade falcon, lose a couple of matches on purpose in order to allow house Steiner to regain territory. This basically makes the mercs the most powerful faction in game. We don't need mercs we already have clan loyalist , please make them IS only .

#8 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Aff, no clan mercs. Furthermore, you should be strictly enforcing batchall and zellbrigen, as you are all acting like dezgra freebirth pirates in combat and should all be stripped of your bloodnames for you have strayed more from our ways than we have.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

At least, Noesis, during Op. Revival no Clan attacked another Clan..

Btw, the Smoke Jaguars are also probably the least popolous Clan faction, that means they have less pugs and less unit, and thus the few that they have are easier to manage and more willing to cooperate. At least this is my opinion.

We have a total mess of tens and tens of units plus pugs.

View PostJames Griffin, on 17 December 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Aff, no clan mercs. Furthermore, you should be strictly enforcing batchall and zellbrigen, as you are all acting like dezgra freebirth pirates in combat and should all be stripped of your bloodnames for you have strayed more from our ways than we have.

As much as i like fighting 1vs1 , you know after the first waves most Clans recognized the Inner Sphere forces would not agree to Zell so they abandoned Zellbrigen and Batchall.

Edited by CyclonerM, 17 December 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#10 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostJames Griffin, on 17 December 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

the question is, how would these kind of thinsg start? how far away? what location? Wouldn't be fair when a Sniperbuild would have to batchall at 200m start range vs a Ac 20 mech.

and also, this stuff is interclan and not for IS dishonored.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#11 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 December 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

the question is, how would these kind of thinsg start? how far away? what location? Wouldn't be fair when a Sniperbuild would have to batchall at 200m start range vs a Ac 20 mech.

and also, this stuff is interclan and not for IS dishonored.

Then you do not understand your own rules and are dezgra. And for the record, I'm with the Wolves Dragoons, so I am Clan dezgra, not spheroid dezgra.

#12 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 17 December 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

The problem is the potential for sabotage. A merc starvag can easily fight for house Steiner then switch to clan jade falcon, lose a couple of matches on purpose in order to allow house Steiner to regain territory. This basically makes the mercs the most powerful faction in game. We don't need mercs we already have clan loyalist , please make them IS only .

This is exactly the point I was trying to make--merc units can simply act as trolls and sabotage their "employers" swapping at will and never actually advancing the cause of any of the factions that employ them.

#13 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostJames Griffin, on 17 December 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Then you do not understand your own rules and are dezgra. And for the record, I'm with the Wolves Dragoons, so I am Clan dezgra, not spheroid dezgra.

the sense is stupid because such a setup as in the lore is completely different here in MWO with it totally off the balance weapons and chassis. So the pure lore lore rules need a proper MWO transition.

View PostKain Thul, on 17 December 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is exactly the point I was trying to make--merc units can simply act as trolls and sabotage their "employers" swapping at will and never actually advancing the cause of any of the factions that employ them.

but would that change anything?

I could make an alt account, pledge it as clanner and then lose vs my steiner buddies. the sysem is exploitable at this point. so probably PGI should watch some activities that may turn into something fishy.
I mean some people take games too serious, and are willing to do anything thats necessary.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#14 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 December 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

At least, Noesis, during Op. Revival no Clan attacked another Clan..

There were altercations.

Though continue to believe we are in a re-enactment play as opposed to playing MWO and whine about people not following "the script", I'm sure it will help you to continue with this "fixed" view of how things are supposed to play out. ;)

CyclonerM said:

We have a total mess of tens and tens of units plus pugs.

Have you thought about trying to rally efforts and maybe co-ordinate interests? Again it is the same playing field for all here and surely trying to rally together with mutual beneficial efforts will actually help? Or are the "old wounds" simply preventative of CW working together?

Just a thought that might be helpful, but based on your answer above I'm guessing you will still do your own thing rather than embrace the reality of things.

Edited by Noesis, 17 December 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#15 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 December 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

the question is, how would these kidn of thinsg start? how far away? what location? Wouldn't be fair when a Sniperbuild would have to batchall at 200m start range vs a Ac 20 mech.

Well, it could be fair: the AC20 mech would have to close while using some cover (not hiding waiting for an ambush, mind you) while the Sniper must try to take him out before he does. Each trying to take advantage of the other's weakness.

#16 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme, on 17 December 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

So alot of poisonous topics and posts in the last few days.

The majority of these "issues" threads have spawned because Mercenaries are pretending to be clanners and F'n up inter-clan relations, with their behavior.

This is an entirely viable tactic to use for IS pilots since PGI decided to let Clans have mercs and contracts.

I know the lore argument does not work, but what is the point of having a faction assosciation if that faction does not represent the original incarnations of that faction?

PGI, please make Mercenaries stick with their dishonourable freebirth factions, we clansmen are clansmen among other things because we do not appreciate the behavior of these stravags, and you forcing them on us when we do not want them to meddle is a pretty big middle finger.
By now we are all aware of your love for the inner sphere, but do you really fail to see that the clans of kerensky hold it in more awe than the barbarians that make up its residents?
If you guys truly are as big IS fanboys as the rumours say, then why did you implement the clans in your game?
If you do not want us here on the premises of being clansmen, what is the point of having clans in the game?
The argument; money! do not hold up as they would have made a lot more money with MC only stealth armor, heat cloak and what not...

if you didn't have the mercs all clans would be losing, we are the balance to the role players.. end of argument

Edited by hybrid black, 17 December 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#17 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 17 December 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

if you didn't have the mercs all clans would be losing, we are the balance to the role players.. end of argument

Lol, no, thats again quite nonsense to state, or care to explain? How does roleplay and skill relate to each other? They don't.

#18 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 December 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Lol, no, thats again quite nonsense to state, or care to explain? How does roleplay and skill relate to each other? They don't.

look at all gaming history, RP people are below everyone else in skill

#19 swamp hag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

I, Roleplay Character Name, verb adjective noun. Tolchock stravag dezgras in the rot. Gloopy nadsat surats. Rabble rabble Zellbrigen honor.

That about sums it up, trothkin droogs. <3

#20 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostGlory, on 17 December 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I, Roleplay Character Name, verb adjective noun. Tolchock stravag dezgras in the rot. Gloopy nadsat surats. Rabble rabble Zellbrigen honor.

That about sums it up, trothkin droogs. <3

The green and red reminds me of Christmas.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users