• Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 24 December 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

/facepalm

I... can't tell if you are trolling...

Not trolling, just defending my position when. In order to talk lore, you have to be on the same page for the year. Because i could argue stuff from 3178 when Davion is in decline, Liao is at War with the Republic of the Sphere, St. Ives is a distant memory, there is no Taurian Concodant or Magistry of Canopus; The FWL is small star Empires that no longer defend have a central control. Clan Nova Cat and Kurita are 1, FFR and Ghost Bear are 1, ect. So keeping arguements in the same year on a fictional timeline is important for the validation of the arguement. I do my best not to attack the person but the arguement in the forums.

Honestly, this kind of Rivalry is fun. Now if we can get everyone who is in a unit to have that unit name in their Signature... it could be epic rivalries. :)

#22 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

St Ives Compact is to the Capellan Confederation like Taiwan is to China.

#23 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

It has nothing to do with being on the same page. The fact is that the FRR was recognized by the rest of the IS as being a full fledged nation in 3050 because in 3057 after they had lost most of their land they were STILL considered a full fledged nation. From their founding they had full access to the Merc Stars to hire units and the like. The fact that The FedCom + Dracs + FRR Itself were all part of their creation means roughly 75% of the IS population was already behind them being a nation.

#24 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Would really love to see lots more factions... as many periphery states as possible. Maybe Oberon would be fighting for clans but with IS mechs =]

#25 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

discussion would not matter anyway - st. ives has so few planets, look at the map, they are all already liberated by the fed com machine.

(edit) but: i, too, would love to have deep periphery states and pirates like those infamous belt rippers of butt behold. i just joined the steiner draft because there was no piracy around. who needs planetary invasions, when we can bag their supplies and make off with it in the whole confusion ? it wont even pay off well to get the stomptrain... thats no job for someone who only has 3 lowcosts and a trenchbucket/treebutcher.

yer supply train was hit by the pirate train, nananananana *makes a nose*

signed
Fat Jack Murphy
(the less successful cousin of Red Jack Ryan & his Belt Pirates of Butte Hold)

Edited by Fat Jack Murphy, 27 December 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#26 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Would really love to see lots more factions... as many periphery states as possible. Maybe Oberon would be fighting for clans but with IS mechs =]

Yeah, no. I'm thinking the Clans aren't going to let the Oberonians fight anyone beyond maybe letting them act as planetary garrisons at most. Remember, the Clans have little regard for mercenaries, and pirates are below even mercs in their eyes.

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

If we had the Saint Ives compact, we'd need about a dozen other nation-planets with their own little factions, as well as hundreds of little nation planets off to the upper left of the Inner Sphere map.

We'd also need an army of ponies, and bird aliens with spears that can drive battlemechs.
Because I kid you not, BOTH are in Battletech if you dig into obscure enough references. (Admittedly said ponies are being ridden by Calvary men with laser guns and auto rifles).

#28 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 December 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

If we had the Saint Ives compact, we'd need about a dozen other nation-planets with their own little factions, as well as hundreds of little nation planets off to the upper left of the Inner Sphere map.

We'd also need an army of ponies, and bird aliens with spears that can drive battlemechs.
Because I kid you not, BOTH are in Battletech if you dig into obscure enough references. (Admittedly said ponies are being ridden by Calvary men with laser guns and auto rifles).

I demand recognition for the Marian Hegemony!
(They do have more planets than the St Ives Compact, after all)

#29 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 28 December 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

I demand recognition for the Marian Hegemony!
(They do have more planets than the St Ives Compact, after all)

I demand to see the pilots from the Magistry of Canopus! ((They have more planets, and most of their pilots are hot women pilots.))
:wub:

#30 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 December 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

We'd also need an army of ... bird aliens with spears that can drive battlemechs. Because I kid you not, BOTH are in Battletech if you dig into obscure enough references.

You have an army of noble BirdWarriors.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 29 December 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

You have an army of noble BirdWarriors.

I suppose Goons do count.

All hail the mighty squawk!

#32 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

I propose making Davion, Liao and Marik NPC factions.

Those 3 are just side shows to the major story of the Clan invasions.

Why do we need more then the 4 clans and the 3 IS clan border factions of Steiner, Kurita and the FRR?

If some one wants to RP something else, let them do it in the public games or on the forums.

#33 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

BITTER ROLEPLAY FACE!

Seriously though, FRR just got a 100% rewards boost. I think you'll do alright now.

#34 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

The Magistracy of Canopus supports this opinion!

#35 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 24 December 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

I was kind of wondering that myself: while allied with Davion, the St Ives Compact was a separate entity, at least on the maps I had.

Posted Image

And Davion and Steiner shouldn't be able to attack each other because we're the same nation.

By that logic, Steiner and Kurita should have peace with the FRR because of the Ronin War and the aftermath and the good relations the FRR has with both those major empires.

Edited by Arcainite, 31 December 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#36 Colonel Morgan Kell

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

Put St Ives in the game!!

#37 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

St. Ives isn't supported as an individual entity in CW. Instead its planets host a proxy war for influence over the people of the Compact, as both House Liao and House Davion each try to bring them over to their way of thinking.

Edited by GI Journalist, 17 July 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#38 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

"The proxy war is over" says the planetary governor of St. Ives, seen here with proper Davion haircut holding a press conference outside the new Arby's on Main Street., "We are Davion now !! Liaos go home !":

Posted Image

#39 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostAylward, on 17 July 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

"The proxy war is over" says the planetary governor of St. Ives, seen here with proper Davion haircut holding a press conference outside the new Arby's on Main Street., "We are Davion now !! Liaos go home !":

Posted Image

Liaos are always home....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users