Strategy: We Need To Reduce The Number Of Fronts.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

We have open hostilities on five of the six borders. We need to reduce that either through strategic losses, or through treaties.

Obviously we shouldn't worry about Davion.

I recommend a non-aggression pact with the FRR (or as many of their players as possible).

Maybe enter with a similar agreement with Wolf. With this one, it could kill two birds with one stone: hand them an unopposed corridor to Terra and let them act as a buffer against both the FRR and Kurita.

Then we'd just have to worry about Jade Falcon (and the Lords) and Marik.

Two fronts is easier to deal with than six.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 17 December 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#2 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

I agree, we need to focus on defending Steiner planets (assisting allied IS with defense if needed) and less with attack IS neighbors who we should be aligning with.

Jade Falcon is going to be even more a concern now... SJR took contract with them last night.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 17 December 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#3 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 17 December 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I agree, we need to focus on defending Steiner planets (assisting allied IS with defense if needed) and less with attack IS neighbors who we should be aligning with.

Jade Falcon is going to be even more a concern now... SJR took contract with them last night.

That and the Lords, Jade Falcon is going to be a headache. The Lords may be jerks, but they're undeniably TALENTED jerks. Steiner space could be in serious trouble if we can't somehow concentrate our efforts.

#4 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

I speak on behalf of the unified leadership of House Davion.

We welcome the opportunity for partnership with our friends in the Lyran Commonwealth. Let us work together to reduce our massive number of queues (you have 14, we have 13) and crush our mutual enemies.

#5 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

I think that's pretty much a given. Although there could be pugs or newbies that don't get that, any of the organized groups should definitely not be attacking the others space. I,for one, welcome help from the federated suns.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 17 December 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#6 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

The Skye Rangers and other Units are currently working with Davion and FRR Leadership to get Truces in place so we can eliminate two of the fronts. With so many units and players obviously this is a huge hill to climb but both sides seem interested in making the deal happen.

For those interested there is a coordination meeting on Steiner HUB - ts1.housesteiner.com at 9PM EST tonight.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostZeece, on 18 December 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

The Skye Rangers and other Units are currently working with Davion and FRR Leadership to get Truces in place so we can eliminate two of the fronts. With so many units and players obviously this is a huge hill to climb but both sides seem interested in making the deal happen.

For those interested there is a coordination meeting on Steiner HUB - ts1.housesteiner.com at 9PM EST tonight.

Rog...I'll definitely pop on to try get get you guys to join us in coordinating defense tonight. Sounds like JF is gonna push HARD tonight.

#8 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 18 December 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Rog...I'll definitely pop on to try get get you guys to join us in coordinating defense tonight. Sounds like JF is gonna push HARD tonight.

Kind of sorry I'm out of town and away from my gaming rig for the next week and a half. I haven't even seen the map for a few days, but given the Lords are in JF, I imagine it's getting ugly. About all I can think of is to overwhelm them with numbers and just continuously attack, night and day, every day, on every available world.

Then again, this is beta, and I'm assuming they're just going to wipe the progress when they push it gold. Still, even if they do that, the borders and fronts will remain the same.

#9 Dermot Von Jankmon

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

We have open hostilities on five of the six borders. We need to reduce that either through strategic losses, or through treaties.

Obviously we shouldn't worry about Davion.

I recommend a non-aggression pact with the FRR (or as many of their players as possible).

Maybe enter with a similar agreement with Wolf. With this one, it could kill two birds with one stone: hand them an unopposed corridor to Terra and let them act as a buffer against both the FRR and Kurita.

Then we'd just have to worry about Jade Falcon (and the Lords) and Marik.

Two fronts is easier to deal with than six.

Well considering Davion has pushed Liao to non exsistance and has constantly attempted to push into Stiener Turf i say screw that. Lets push Davion back before they do to us what they did to Liao. Also I'm very PRO-Katherine and was looking forward to kicking the big headed Davions right in the ..... well you know what I mean. I've enjoyed doing so and the 21st Held New Earth from Davion attack for a while before SRoT Took over the defense

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostDermot, on 18 December 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Well considering Davion has pushed Liao to non exsistance and has constantly attempted to push into Stiener Turf i say screw that. Lets push Davion back before they do to us what they did to Liao. Also I'm very PRO-Katherine and was looking forward to kicking the big headed Davions right in the ..... well you know what I mean. I've enjoyed doing so and the 21st Held New Earth from Davion attack for a while before SRoT Took over the defense

And I say there'll be time for that AFTER we deal with the much larger threat of the Clans (CJF in particular). Kurita...I mean....come on - of COURSE we're going to attack Kurita. FRR is mostly ex-Kurita worlds, so why not keep them as a buffer to both narrow the attack corridor with Kurita, but also to allow them to further stall the Clans.

Marik's not traditionally an ally and I don't think they're organized enough to really challenge us, but with our efforts so spread out, it would be difficult to slow them down. With Davion wiping out Liao, we'll be able to pincer Marik out of existence if they cause too much trouble.

Davion - we haven't had our civil war yet and won't for another ten years or so. I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend we not poison this natural, lore-based alliance.

Wolf - of all the Clans, this is the one that is most sympathetic, so let's just give them the FRR to stomp through.

CJF - well, screw those guys, amirite? I need a Hatchetman so I can go extract some CJF pilots from the cockpits of their Whales...

Edited by Dawnstealer, 20 December 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#11 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Just my two cents...

I don't think it would be to our benefit at all to mess with Davion. There has been treaties between Liao and Merik so them slowly creeping up from underneath may be a problem, heaven forbid they form a truce with the Falcons...

Personally I respect the FRR and believe an alliance with them would work well to mess up the clans advance and provide us a buffer from the Dragon.

Would love to see a Truce between steiner and the FRR :)

#12 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

Really, at this point in the timeline, Steiner and Davion should be one power: the FedCom. I get why they split it, but there really shouldn't be any conflicts at all along that shared border. A Steiner/Davion Alliance should be an absolute no-brainer.

An FRR alliance isn't lore-based, but since the majority of the worlds are Kurita, as mentioned before, we really shouldn't have a big beef with the FRR. That should be a natural alliance as well.

I could see us having a cease-fire with Marik, but from a game standpoint, that makes little sense for them: they have only three borders and we have our hands full against Jade Falcon, Wolf, FRR, Kurita, Davion (in theory, at least), and Marik; why WOULDN'T they attack? It's certainly our longest border. If we could have a non-aggression pact with them, great, but I wouldn't expect it to last.

Jade Falcon...yeah, they're here to punch a hole through us.

Wolf...maybe - they can slide through the FRR and not have to focus on two fronts. Also, players who know some of the lore might be willing to join in a non-aggression pact with Steiner.

Kurita: come on - we pretty much have to attack Kurita. They're almost in the same situation we are, with Steiner, FRR, Ghost Bears, Smoke Jaguars, and Davion on their borders. The benefit here is that we just need to hold the line while Davion attacks that long border, another reason why an alliance with Davion should be a given.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 20 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#13 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

I see a "Blue Donut" forming....

For those that have no idea what that is I'll explain. "Blue" or "Blues" are your allies or allies of your faction (Reds in this case are those you are at odds with). If you make friends with everyone around you, then you limit the outlets on which people can play the game. This of course leads to a very boring game, and a player-base seeing no point when just to play the game they have to follow treaties signed by other parties. In addition I should state that making allies so to reduce the number of fronts is a selfish gamble. Selfish in you are mostly thinking about your playing experience rather then others. Gamble in that if you do, it may backfire when players don't agree and attack anyway because it has "limited" their game play, which causes other issues.

To use an example that was posed during the recent Steiner Hub meeting: FRR has a treaty with the DC, if the LC also signs one, you effectively cause the FRR to have only one front, a front that a good part of that player-base may not want to engage.

I think it should be obvious here that we are playing a game, and no-one's fun is more important then anyone else's . Limiting anyone's ability to play a game that is as much their's as it is your's, shows only selfishness, intolerance, and stubbornness. I should also point out that the parties making these treaties with each other may be doing it with the right idea in mind. However that idea may not be shared with everyone, even those people the parties represent.

#14 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

for the love of the archon how do we not have butler back yet. the blue fist will crush the green pigeon! khrrr, out.

#15 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Most planets in the FRR might be from the Draks... but there are plenty lyran Planets flying their colors as well.

Tamar for example. Don´t forget FRR is the faction which conquered most steiner territory since CW started.

No peace for the Vikings, lets get our territory back first!

#16 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Although I'm running freelance contracts, I have quickly made it a point not to take up offensive missions against Rasalhague, Davion or even Marik. The Clans are the threat all Inner Sphere houses need to pay attention to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users