So When Does Consumables Such As Artillery And Airstrike Gets Removed?

Balance Gameplay

148 replies to this topic

#41 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

SO WHEN DOES CONSUMABLES SUCH AS ARTILLERY AND AIRSTRIKE GETS REMOVED?

The sooner, the better.

#42 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:20 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 17 December 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

The fact that these modules are on short spammable cooldowns is still beyond me. They are never used strategically, they are usually spammed by coordinated groups to pad dmg/make kills easier.

You couldn't be more wrong. Most units use arty/air/ to begin a push, break up tightly clumped mechs .. break up or disrupt an enemy push ... supress camping snipers or lrms boats and severely damage unwary scouts. Damage padding I am sure happens but not from most coordinated groups .... they play to win.

#43 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 18 December 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Most units use arty/air/ to begin a push, break up tightly clumped mechs .. break up or disrupt an enemy push ... supress camping snipers or lrms boats and severely damage unwary scouts. Damage padding I am sure happens but not from most coordinated groups .... they play to win.

...for absolutely no in-match (CB/MC cost is not in-match) sacrifice or balance constraint.

#44 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

Up.

#45 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 17 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Whether you like them or not, a well placed Arty strike can be invaluable in "helping" the Team. Only 1 slot is used per Mech for Arty or Air consumables. Are you saying that "Coolant Flush" is also a bad Module too?

Would you like my answer on Coolant Flush Almond or do you remember it? :D

#46 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostSarlic, on 18 December 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

Well within the current system a solution would be that air or arty can only be placed when UAV is up and within UAV range can be placed.

Current mechanics allow you to place an arty on top of a UAV....close enough.

Yes, red team...do stay under your own UAV...

#47 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 December 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Correct. It was the plan, but it got scrapped.

Posted Image

There was a whole thread of more then 40 pages i believe when PGI announced (when the publisher was still on board.) the adjustment of the current module system some people really had some great idea's of how it was and should be implented.

See my older thread about the module system: http://mwomercs.com/...se-or-blessing/

Posted Image

Pray tell, why are we not spamming Russ on twitter with questions about this and how much we want it in game?

#48 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

I think what frustrates people is for everyone that using it tactically there is that light that spent the last few minutes zooming around you ankles and leaves one as a parting gift (admittedly a good is frustrating tactic) or pops one in his last seconds of life when brawling even if his team is losing badly and the shells fall even though he is dead. And my favorite, dropping one on a direwolf because you know he can't clear the drop zone unless he is already charging you.

I'm not going to say those aren't tactical uses, but they are far more frustrating than the usual "My team was camping and got artyed to break it up." or "They used arty to soften us up for a push." That is normally associated with the tactical use of artillery.

#49 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

OP is most likely a Dire Wolf pilot.

#50 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

Nobody likes them.
Everybody uses them.
I'm sure PGI collects tons of MC from them.
They aren't going anywhere.

#51 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Like clockwork............another arty / air complaint thread............set my watch to these so please, keep them coming.

Command Console, Targeting Computer above a certain level (say 3 or 4) or a designated light...........make those the only way to use them.

Crying to have them completely removed is simply, well, the CoC says I can't say what I think it is........

#52 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

this isn't how arty/air gets used and it's actually fairly bad at this function

artillery is used most successfully as a direct damage weapon, which is how most teams use it. It doesn't 'break up' groups particularly, because it arrives too quickly for them to actually see it and move out. If you're in a slow-ish assault or have a good/partial cover firing position, you're much better off to just cross your fingers and hope the damage you take isn't too extreme than to give up position, since you probably can't move out of the strike radius anyway.

CW has introduced some new uses for it; you can kinda block a rush with it, or maybe force defenders to move off the ramps (or spam the cannon ololol.) Still not really interesting mechanically though

#53 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostAssaultPig, on 18 December 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

artillery is used most successfully as a direct damage weapon, which is how most teams use it. It doesn't 'break up' groups particularly, because it arrives too quickly for them to actually see it and move out. If you're in a slow-ish assault or have a good/partial cover firing position, you're much better off to just cross your fingers and hope the damage you take isn't too extreme than to give up position, since you probably can't move out of the strike radius anyway.

Except what you're saying really only applies to relatively disciplined teams and the odd PUG..............most teams, and way more than most PUGs, scatter like roaches when they TAKE the arty damage, so it still serves its purpose...........never understood WHY they do it, but pay attention in your next PUG game, I assure you that you'll see it.

#54 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostFrom 18 December 2014 - 02:20 PM:

Nobody likes them.

Hi, I'm nobody.

Everybody uses them.

I highly doubt that. If it were true I'd see them more.

I'm sure PGI collects tons of MC from them.

Doubtful. Especially as with proper skill unlocks the c-bill versions are just as good as the MC versions.

They aren't going anywhere.

On that one I wager you are correct.

Edited by Escef, 18 December 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#55 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Said this the first day they where released, they have always been cheap.

#56 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostR Razor, on 18 December 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Except what you're saying really only applies to relatively disciplined teams and the odd PUG..............most teams, and way more than most PUGs, scatter like roaches when they TAKE the arty damage, so it still serves its purpose...........never understood WHY they do it, but pay attention in your next PUG game, I assure you that you'll see it.

You are correct, but missing the point.

View PostRebas Kradd, on 18 December 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

OP is most likely a Dire Wolf pilot.

It does not matter which mech you pilot. It's not even the point, bright one. It bet you didnt count up in a Assault between beacon and the actual strike.

View PostR Razor, on 18 December 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Like clockwork............another arty / air complaint thread............set my watch to these so please, keep them coming.

Command Console, Targeting Computer above a certain level (say 3 or 4) or a designated light...........make those the only way to use them.

Crying to have them completely removed is simply, well, the CoC says I can't say what I think it is........

'Another?' Atleast i am backing it up with reasonable solutions and bringing the flaws. Its current system is just badly executes. I see no clear role warfare. Bringing it multiple times. Fortunatly, we have some good people like me. I dont use arty or artillery for principal reasons.

For example in some game some communities didnt use weapon X due it was too strong or imbalanced. We should have something that promotes role warfare.

Edited by Sarlic, 19 December 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#57 -Wulf-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe last =FD= Dropship

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

All I can say to this thread is BE THANKFUL TAG DONT WORK RIGHT, IF IT DID YOU WOULD EAT ARTIE STRIKES TO THE FACE. and if they ever implemented the Arrow IV catapult your really boned when a 40 point strike can be guided into you with the click of a button. at least artie right now is saturation rounds and not ARROW IV

#58 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

Nerfing or removing not required. Just triple the cost.

#59 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 19 December 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

Nerfing or removing not required. Just triple the cost.

Wouldnt people buy it anyway? ;)

#60 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostSarlic, on 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Wouldnt people buy it anyway? ;)

How many would be willing to spend 120k on one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users