So When Does Consumables Such As Artillery And Airstrike Gets Removed?

Balance Gameplay

148 replies to this topic

#1 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

Because i really had enough with them now. (And probaly more in my house)

In tournaments this whole debacle overuse of Artillery and Airstrikes is getting out of hand. Not to mention in events or group / team play.

I don't want to see them nerfed. I dont want neither to see it adjusted.

I want this whole crap out of the game.

It shouldn't be in the game in the first place. (Or better said: how its currently implented)
Because i knew right from the start alot of people would use them. Not that it matters, but the 'redesign' (red: March 2013) execution and the mechanic of this whole system is really debatable and need to be looked into again.

There's no single warning when a Artillery or a Airstrike is placed on your path. People mostly use objects to creative place a Artillery or a Airstrike where the victim or pointed target cannot see it. And the whole proposed and injected fix is fairly weak. Because there is no VOIP and no Commo wheel the team cannot warn the friendly pilot for the placed beacon.

I was and i will stay again this kind of consumables from the start. Because i, and many other knew (see the thread of adjusted modules and extra module slots / consumables couple of months ago before the PGI got unchained) it was a matter of time before it just a consumables which is designed to spam and serves nothing more then a C-Bill - MC sink for players to buy.

It's not only the consumables, but the whole module system.

Any thoughs on this matter?

Please try to remain on-topic and be civilized.

Thanks.

Edited by Sarlic, 17 December 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#2 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

I think PGI really missed a trick with consumables - this should have been part of role warfare.

Not as it currently is, with an arty for you, one for you, ARTY FOR EVERYONE

#3 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

View Postsuperteds, on 17 December 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

I think PGI really missed a trick with consumables - this should have been part of role warfare.

Not as it currently is, with an arty for you, one for you, ARTY FOR EVERYONE

Correct. It was the plan, but it got scrapped.

View Poststjobe, on 08 August 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

They actually had this all worked out over two years ago, but for some unfathomable reason decided to let their "placeholder" system become the actual system instead of going back and implementing what they had planned.

Go ahead, click that link, read it, and see the Role Warfare we could have had; that we should have had.

Posted Image

There was a whole thread of more then 40 pages i believe when PGI announced (when the publisher was still on board.) the adjustment of the current module system some people really had some great idea's of how it was and should be implented.

See my older thread about the module system: http://mwomercs.com/...se-or-blessing/

Posted Image

Edited by Sarlic, 17 December 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#4 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

The fact that these modules are on short spammable cooldowns is still beyond me. They are never used strategically, they are usually spammed by coordinated groups to pad dmg/make kills easier.

#5 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

These have always been and always will be a c bill and MC sink. Working As Intended. Like it or not this is how F2Ps operate.

#6 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

At the moment though arti is practically necessary to assault in CW. unless everyone brought a light mech and then they can just zerg in and win.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

The Paulconomy "needs" its money sinks, so probably never.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 17 December 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

At the moment though arti is practically necessary to assault in CW. unless everyone brought a light mech and then they can just zerg in and win.

What he said minus the zerg part ;)
Necessary tactical weapon in CW to break down defenses IMO

#9 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Remove them? That's silly.

But I don't understand how they haven't increased the timer between strikes yets. That seems like a no-brainer.

#10 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

I would like to see more options in the module system....

How about if you do not carry any consumables you can use 2 slots for 1 team based module slot (say upgraded AMS or increased sensor range module,ect)... That way people that do not ever want to use extra damage modules can instead help their team

#11 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:48 AM

Honestly, it is the real "no skill weapon" everyone accuses the LRMs of.

I don't really like them, I think there could be lots of other things adjusted for MC that would bring in more money than these. I don't really know of anyone that buys them for MC either.

#12 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

Make it so only light mechs can carry Arty/Air Strikes. See usage plummet :P
More realistically though maybe it should be limited to lights and mediums since they can fill the "scout" roll.

#13 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

I think an audio warning would help fix a lot of the problems with arty. There should be skill in placing strikes to maximize damage while minimizing the enemy's ability to react, but it shouldn't be to the point that a team can get artied in the first 30 seconds of a game and have zero warning about it.

A simple "Air/Artillery Strike Inbound" when the smoke is placed would at least give pilots the time to look around and try to get out of the way.

#14 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 17 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I would like to see more options in the module system....

How about if you do not carry any consumables you can use 2 slots for 1 team based module slot (say upgraded AMS or increased sensor range module,ect)... That way people that do not ever want to use extra damage modules can instead help their team

Whether you like them or not, a well placed Arty strike can be invaluable in "helping" the Team. Only 1 slot is used per Mech for Arty or Air consumables. Are you saying that "Coolant Flush" is also a bad Module too?

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostSarlic, on 17 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Because i really had enough with them now. (And probaly more in my house)

In tournaments this whole debacle overuse of Artillery and Airstrikes is getting out of hand. Not to mention in events or group / team play.

I don't want to see them nerfed. I dont want neither to see it adjusted.

I want this whole crap out of the game.

It shouldn't be in the game in the first place. (Or better said: how its currently implented)

Highlighted the contradiction.

#16 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostLordMelvin, on 17 December 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think an audio warning would help fix a lot of the problems with arty. There should be skill in placing strikes to maximize damage while minimizing the enemy's ability to react, but it shouldn't be to the point that a team can get artied in the first 30 seconds of a game and have zero warning about it.

A simple "Air/Artillery Strike Inbound" when the smoke is placed would at least give pilots the time to look around and try to get out of the way.

I would support audio alerts for Friendly Arty strikes in close proximity (to help prevent friendly fire) but I am apposed to warnings for the enemy team.

#17 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 17 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Whether you like them or not, a well placed Arty strike can be invaluable in "helping" the Team. Only 1 slot is used per Mech for Arty or Air consumables. Are you saying that "Coolant Flush" is also a bad Module too?

I never sad they were a bad module.... I"m a cheap ASS player.... infact I have some Arty and airstrike modules from the HAlloween event that I have not used.... because I just don't like using them. (mostly for economic reasons)..

But for people like me... why not make those 2 consumable modules into 1 lesser used module? I"m not talking about Radar Derp or a weapon module.... just some of the lesser used ones... Team based (I understand that the consumables can be considered team based as well)..

I"m not really for or against the consumables.... personally I do not get to play as often as I want so my C Bills are fixed income.... hence why I rarely ever use them (probably been 10 months since I used one)

#18 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I thought the ridiculous prices for the various modules were the main Cbill sink... especially with CW out, just having one of each and rotating them isn't gonna cut it anymore.

#19 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Increasing the cooldown timer wouldn't be a bad thing

I wouldn't be against limiting arty/strikes to light mechs only (still limit to one only per mech) ... that MIGHT help boost the usage of that weight class.

Considering the fact that the red smoke marker is itself an artillery shell (just with no explosives) it should make at least SOME sound/impact tremor if it lands near you. It should not just appear noiselessly at your feet.

Edited by topgun505, 17 December 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#20 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

I would love to see them gone forever, but I doubt they will. Definitely a F2P item.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users