82 replies to this topic

#1 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

When are we going to get additional omnipods in the game?

In fact, when are we going to get the omnipods that are already textured implemented in the game?

The Nova has two unique LTs in the game files which are found nowhere in the game: a missile slot and the A-LT which consists of a AMS and a E hardpoint.

Posted Image

Naturally, I would prefer the Nova U STs*, pictured above with 4 MGs per ST, but I wouldn't complain about getting a few other options that are already in the game files. A single LRM launcher could help some builds, or a short range missile to use when cooling down.
A triple AMS 50 tonner might see some use, but not replace the ligher 30 ton option.

*The Nova-U isn't in the gamefiles, the 4 extra MGs are copy pasted....but I really want it. All others are original*

I noticed the TimberGod also has one not in game...although it might be better for balance if we don't get it:
Posted Image
The TimberWolf A-LT; 3 high mounted E slots.

It could be pretty beastly for hillhumping, along with 6 additional E slots; perhaps 3 ERLL, 6ERSL? It would fit:
TBR-A

Although a less balance tipping omnipod might be the D STs, which are just the S STs without additional hardpoints or JJs, aside from the 2 M slots each. A D and a S ST might be used together, but it's still nice to have options.

Perhaps a focus on worse chassis', to help them not be so bad.

The Ice Ferret has a 5th E energy slot in the game files; a second hardpoint on the right arm, that belongs to the D variant. That chassis certainly deserves that arm.

The Mist Lynx doesn't have much not already in game. The right arm has 3 B slots available, but only 2 assigned in game. Not going to help the chassis very much, but it is textured and possibly ready to go.
There are Lore variants, out of timeline, that could help this chassis immensely, though. The G variant contains 4 MGs per arm, with 1 laser per arm, along with 1 laser per leg. Move those 2 leg lasers into those 2 empty RT slots...suddenly a 8MG 4ERSL light sounds pretty nice.
Or just 6 lasers.
There's also the F variant, which has a RT mounted Jesus Box, and 4 lasers; per arm. 8 E slots, or 10 if we get the G RT. Too hot to use effectively...but still pretty fun; and dangerous.

Both, or either, would be wonderful buffs to this sad 25 ton chassis. Just the torso mounted ECM would let it use 4 E slots, and not be useless without arms, if you want a incredibly mild buff.

The Adder does not seem to have any additional textured weapons ready to go; but the Adder E had 2 E slots per ST; to bring the total up to 6. That alone could help the Adder in fights against the fast IS lights, without changing anything else about the chassis.

The Gargoyle C right arm is one that contains 6 lasers, same as the Nova. The current right arm is capped at 2, but an additional 4 hardpoints probably won't save this chassis. It needs some mobility buffs, including torso twist range.
Still, more guns might not be a terrible solution, just not the best.

Is there any reason not to bring these additional omnipods to chassis' that need help? They may be out of timeline, but like the KitFox-C RA, you don't need to bring the weapons along with the pod. Simply the hardpoints will help these mechs.

Edited by Mcgral18, 13 January 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#2 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Whoah, deja vu. I swear I just read this thread something like 30 minutes ago, but I know this isn't quite the same thread. Weird.

#3 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

View Postdarkkterror, on 17 December 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Whoah, deja vu. I swear I just read this thread something like 30 minutes ago, but I know this isn't quite the same thread. Weird.

This one is more in depth, with more things listed. Also its own thread.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Great work locating these additional programmed omnipods! Missile pod looks good on the Nova, might be nice for a change of place to switch it to AMS/LRM support (nobody needs 3 energy boat Novas)

#5 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 December 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Great work locating these additional programmed omnipods! Missile pod looks good on the Nova, might be nice for a change of place to switch it to AMS/LRM support (nobody needs 3 energy boat Novas)

Heffay's been doing it...for a long time.

Since 2012, apparently.

http://mwomercs.com/...ing-pgis-mechs/

I've only managed to do it recently, but I've seen pictures of that Timby over the past few months.

#6 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Nice detective work. The Nova desperately needs those omnipods.

Timberwolf would find a tier above God, with that side torso.

Even if not releasing the pods alone, PGI really should just start giving us the entire variants, for cbills of course. Sure, maybe even force us to buy the entire mech to get the pods. Would that be unfair?

edit: is that TRIPLE AMS on the Nova? Daddy likes.

Edited by Kevjack, 17 December 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#7 Red1769

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

Just give me the complete TBR-D and I'll be happy.

Anyways, nice job locating those and I approve this message. For what little it is worth.

#8 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Summoner needs some love too.

My favorite clan mech...is only half of a poptart rig. Or a 4ERLL hip-shooter support.

Give it some high torso E hardpoints and that would be nice.

Quirks: agility-make it the fluid ninja people expect it to be.

Prime: ERPPC ala the Thud 9s would make it a poptart/ridgehump- flpp dmg threat...which Clansmen lack.

Wub quirks for the other energy variant.

Missile should be more generic. Clan SRM are nice. And i would be tempted to say 'srm or bust'.
But i might want to use LRM in CW.

Summoner has the room for missile ammo, ballistics...not so much.

PLEEEZZZZ buff Slummoner into its next form: Summoner. It would be super effective!

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Honestly, any torso omnipods for the Gargoyle would help immensely. Those arms... limit its potential significantly.

Edit:
There are a few omnipods for the Gargoyle not in timeline that would be good candidates...

Gargoyle-E LT has 2E+1M
Gargoyle-E RT has 2E
Gargoyle-G LT has 4E
Gargoyle-H RT has 1M
Gargoyle-M LT has 3M

Lots of magic can be had for adding the Gargoyle-M's LT... or just even adding the Gargoyle-E RT for better one-sided mech building for better shield sides.

Just imagine 3 ACSRM6s+4CERMEDS on the left side... it would be glorious (although, you can do that on a Stormcrow...)

Edited by Deathlike, 17 December 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#10 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yes please Give me that Timberwolf. Its so beautiful

#11 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

Would my 9 MG NopeVa be too powerful? It still wouldn't be the top choice.

Posted Image

The Nova-U Omnipods would be a wonderful choice to make it competitive with the DoomCrow. Something different, while not being anywhere near as powerful.

4 MG STs and a ECM head hardpoint. Something the Crow could never do, but still be very useful. It won't fix the hitboxes or scaling, but will allow the Nova to have both a high heat and no heat niche.

Though, mechlab restrictions also prevent this from being excessive. You can only mount 16 weapons; which the Nova can already exceed:
Posted Image

So, if you take the U STs, you can no longer take all 12 lasers. Fair enough, since 12 ERSLs and 8 MGs might just be the best brawler in the game (if someone doesn't remove your arm at 600M)

I can haz 8MGs?

#12 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 18 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Would my 9 MG NopeVa be too powerful? It still wouldn't be the top choice.

Posted Image

The Nova-U Omnipods would be a wonderful choice to make it competitive with the DoomCrow. Something different, while not being anywhere near as powerful.

4 MG STs and a ECM head hardpoint. Something the Crow could never do, but still be very useful. It won't fix the hitboxes or scaling, but will allow the Nova to have both a high heat and no heat niche.

Though, mechlab restrictions also prevent this from being excessive. You can only mount 16 weapons; which the Nova can already exceed:
Posted Image

So, if you take the U STs, you can no longer take all 12 lasers. Fair enough, since 12 ERSLs and 8 MGs might just be the best brawler in the game (if someone doesn't remove your arm at 600M)

I can haz 8MGs?

I would say remove those mechlab restrictions and just give us the pods already, it's not like you can do anything but short range well with the tonnage left after packing 8 machine guns + ammo.

#13 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

I think omnipod availability is a great way to make the Clans unique from the IS chassis bloat. Not that I mind all the different IS chassis, but omnitech is what made clans so powerful and unique so I see no reason to not allow more varied omnipods in.

#14 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

That Timbergod high-mounted triplet of energy hardpoints scares me.

#15 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostFupDup, on 18 December 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

That Timbergod high-mounted triplet of energy hardpoints scares me.

Yeah that would be sweet but since everyone and their brother seems to believe the Timby is OP (I don't) the amount of QQ would be insane so it is probably best to leave that one out.

Still I would like to see some options even if they require PGI making a few PODs up. Honestly I would like to see the Crow get some JJ pods, probably a Right and Left torso that mounts 2 JJs each but has ZERO weapons mounts to balance it out. I would also like to see the summoner get a ST with 2 Energy mounts just so you could actually gets 4 energy weapons on it without losing the ballistic arm. A missile hard point or two in the ST on the Nova would also add alot more flexibility to the Nova. Adder needs arms that allow for 2 Energy hard points. Kit Fox could use some STs with either energy or missile hard points.

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:23 AM

Bring in the remaining TRO3050 invasion onmimechs and give them all their period omnipod options and I think Clans would be in a good place for a good long while. Omnipod diversity would be a good thing (and I am IS pilot fighting them).

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 18 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yeah that would be sweet but since everyone and their brother seems to believe the Timby is OP (I don't) the amount of QQ would be insane so it is probably best to leave that one out.

Still I would like to see some options even if they require PGI making a few PODs up. Honestly I would like to see the Crow get some JJ pods, probably a Right and Left torso that mounts 2 JJs each but has ZERO weapons mounts to balance it out. I would also like to see the summoner get a ST with 2 Energy mounts just so you could actually gets 4 energy weapons on it without losing the ballistic arm. A missile hard point or two in the ST on the Nova would also add alot more flexibility to the Nova. Adder needs arms that allow for 2 Energy hard points. Kit Fox could use some STs with either energy or missile hard points.

Whether the TBR is OP or not depends on who you ask, but it's hard to debate that it's definitely the "overall" best heavy Gundam (if not overall Gundam) available at the moment. It doesn't need a buff like that super Omnipod.

For the rest, yeah the Thor definitely needs side torso energy. Helps solve the hardpoint and tonnage issues in one swoop, and they would also be high mounted too. ^_^

Edited by FupDup, 18 December 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#18 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

If we're talking about Omnipod weapon hard points, there are no out-of-timeline hardpoints.

It is an Omnimech, anything it can equip in 3076, it can equip in 3050.

Barring stuff that hasn't been invented yet, IE, ATM, Rapid Fire Gauss, Heavy Lasers.

PGI- OMNIMECH hard point inflation, RESTORE Clan ER PPCs to 15 damage!

Edited by Golden Vulf, 18 December 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#19 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

The question I am about to ask is completely void of any lore knowledge so please keep that in mind.

Would it be possible to also have swap able omnipods on IS tech mechs?

these look sick btw, not sure how I feel about that Twolf though, looks kind of like a game breaker lol!

#20 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostWolfwood592, on 18 December 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

The question I am about to ask is completely void of any lore knowledge so please keep that in mind.

Would it be possible to also have swap able omnipods on IS tech mechs?

these look sick btw, not sure how I feel about that Twolf though, looks kind of like a game breaker lol!

Not until well after the invasion, there are no IS omnimechs at this point in the timeline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users