#41 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 December 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Is this going to leave out those of us who are unable to afford to upgrade at this point?

I'm not sure what you mean.
If you mean the old 32bit system:
The launcher has the option to "force 32bit" or autoselect depending on CPU/OS type, if you look at the picture in the 64bit-announcement-post:
http://mwomercs.com/...bit-mwo-client/

(image can't be quoted or linked...)

Edited by Reno Blade, 18 December 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#42 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

PLEASE ADD AN INDICATOR THAT SHOWS BEFORE WE ACCEPT TO DEFEND A PLANET WHETHER IT IS IN DEFEND OR COUNTERATTACK PHASE!

After all the attackers KNOW what they're dropping to do when they're attacking a planet. The defenders should be given the same option.

I and two other players quit playing CW after 11 Counterattacks in a row accepting Defense requests from the UI. That is incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Hillslam, 18 December 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#43 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Thank you PGI for:

1. patch notes early, and in the proper place.
2. adjustments to CW
3. bugfixes
4. 64bit client!

Much better overall...and the 64bit client is very welcome if not too buggy.

#44 Yames

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostHillslam, on 18 December 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

PLEASE ADD AN INDICATOR THAT SHOWS BEFORE WE ACCEPT TO DEFEND A PLANET WHETHER IT IS IN DEFEND OR COUNTERATTACK PHASE!

After all the attackers KNOW what they're dropping to do when they're attacking a planet. The defenders should be given the same option.

I and two other players quit playing CW after 11 Counterattacks in a row accepting Defense requests from the UI. That is incredibly frustrating.

I have to ask how as an attacker do you know what your doing before you hit attack on the faction screen? because the attacker could still be a defender in the game mode if they end up defending from a counter attack.

unless you mean after you have found your 12 man team if its that it does tell you in the top of the team window in the box which i believe is a light blue box with text next to the countdown

#45 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

I like the changes / additions to CW, hopefully I'll be more inclined to play invasion now. It does suck sitting in a queue for 20+ minutes as a lone wolf while watching 12 man teams find matches in less than 5 and being done with a battle before I even get into one! The added information in the faction tab will make it easier to decide which planet to attack / defend so while it's not as good as it could be (in game faction lobbies for pugs to coordinate & become less pug like on a personal level would be amazing!) it's still better than it was and that's a good and appreciated step forward! Also, I never really thanked you for CW due to the duration it took, but it's finally here and I am really, really happy that we have a drop ship and the game is now what your teaser trailer portrayed all those years ago at the beginning of open beta. Looking forward to another couple of years here with MW:O, very excited about the capabilities I now believe you have and to show my appreciation I've purchased some MC.

Slainte!

#46 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

Sounds like a great patch!

I miss two urgent improvements though:

I live in the EU-timezone.
Are our games going to matter after this patch?

I am in a small unit.
What became of mixed unit drops?

#47 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

Still waiting for the removal of consumables and the upgraded skill system promised years ago.

#48 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

After all the attackers KNOW what they're dropping to do when they're attacking a planet. The defenders should be given the same option. I and two other players quit playing CW after 11 Counterattacks in a row accepting Defense requests from the UI. That is incredibly frustrating.

After all the attackers KNOW what they're dropping to do when they're attacking a planet. The defenders should be given the same option. I and two other players quit playing CW after 11 Counterattacks in a row accepting Defense requests from the UI. That is incredibly frustrating.

While I disagree that attackers "know" what they'll get (they totally don't) I do agree that they need an indication of what you'll be doing as far as attack/defend/counterattack up front so you can build the proper drop deck for it.

#49 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Looks like some major fixes you've done in that short time! Awesome, hope it works, so we can use some of our free time to have legendary battles, while you guys take your well deserved vacation :-) Have a great time!

#50 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

What type of balance in CW are you talking about? Do you know why base rush is needed as a tactic??!?

It is ridiculous to pit a team of similar capability, where one defends and one assaults a base with turrets and expect a BRAWL to ensue!!! The assaulting Mechs would be wiped out!!! The base carries God knows how many extra turrets with 2 LARGE LASERS!!! Added to that, incoming dropships get to pelt assaulting Mechs with more LARGE LASERS!!!

And you expect assaulting Mechs to brawl in that condition??!?

Wow.. just.. wow..

#51 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostMWHawke, on 18 December 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

What type of balance in CW are you talking about? Do you know why base rush is needed as a tactic??!?

It is ridiculous to pit a team of similar capability, where one defends and one assaults a base with turrets and expect a BRAWL to ensue!!! The assaulting Mechs would be wiped out!!! The base carries God knows how many extra turrets with 2 LARGE LASERS!!! Added to that, incoming dropships get to pelt assaulting Mechs with more LARGE LASERS!!!

And you expect assaulting Mechs to brawl in that condition??!?

Wow.. just.. wow..

Someone missed the part where the defending dropship was stripped of its erLL and will only fire when it can get max damage. Also the bit on more cover for attackers.

#52 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Defense has to have an advantage otherwise the map would shift too quickly.

#53 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostSug, on 17 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Who are you guys and what have you done with PGI?

Obviously they are the exact opposite if IGP....ha ha? No? Tough crowd.

#54 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostDuctus Hase, on 18 December 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Sounds like a great patch!

I miss two urgent improvements though:

I live in the EU-timezone.
Are our games going to matter after this patch?

I am in a small unit.
What became of mixed unit drops?

From Russ' town hall meeting last night

RE: EU units getting shafted by the timing of the ceasefire - they have ideas on how to address it, but nothing will probably be done until after Christmas.

RE: small groups from multiple units grouping up - they know it's necessary, but again, not going to be done until after Christmas.

#55 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

INCOMING?!?!?
WHEN?!?!?
HOW CAN U DON'T KNOW WHEN IT'S READY?!?!?!?
I CAN'T READ IT!!!
DAMN!

#56 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

I couldn´t watch the Townhallmeeting.

TY Demax51 for clarification.
I hope this patch allows me to find CW matches faster - it´s still a waste of effort though... <_<

PGI you don´t have to change much... just allow an open number of Tokens to be accumulated - all games would matter then.

#57 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

View Postverybad, on 18 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Defense has to have an advantage otherwise the map would shift too quickly.
Though I agree with you 100%, I'm sure you would agree that the Attack/Counter-Attack disadvantage is just a hair too much, don't you think?

View PostDuctus Hase, on 18 December 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I couldn´t watch the Townhallmeeting.
I'm certain the Town Hall from last night will be posted some time today on YouTube, by the good people at NGNG. I went to see Battle of the Five Armies, last night, so I didn't get to listen to it, either. Sorry, PGI, but some things are just more important, like seeing a Middle Earth movie on opening day; that's all six for me, now, all on opening day.

#58 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostDiscarius, on 18 December 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

The new PGI flipped the old PGI's tables.....literally, maybe... :ph34r:
- Sulfurous Rift: when a player enters the internal out of bounds areas they will not get a warning countdown or die

...that said, i may ride my Mist Lynx...to Infinity and Beyond...!!! :P

you might get stuck in an uncomfortable place when doing so... out of bounds area is full of glass walls where you might not find your way out of...

#59 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

There's no way to. The team on offense is the first of the two teams formed unless it has to go one way or the other (11-0 or 0-11). It does tell you once it finds a match, and you have 1 minute to update your deck.

#60 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Lets get this patch going!!! Your killing me smalls!!! I feel like that kid sitting by the Christmas tree just waiting to open them Christmas presents. In the background my wife is saying. "You really need to get a Life""" LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users