#1 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Now I understand that this may effect other Clan Mechs as well (I think I've seen at least one other with funny ammo values) but I feel with the Mist Lynx Prime it is a problem since it relies on an ammo pool.

Can you please fix the weight values in the poor little thing and yank one of the fixed heat sinks out of the left torso. The Engine should weight an extra half tonne the second heat sink in the left torso should be removed and the half tonne of MG ammo should be upped to a full tonne.

Half a tonne between two MGs is laughable. So can you please sort this out to help the poor thing last a little longer in a fight.

Hell for the sake of trying to fix up other IS/Clan chassis which have similar issues add them in here with the changes. Maybe PGI will listen (can we please avoid the Timber Wolf S-pod debate here <_<).

Edited by KelesK, 17 December 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

Because PGI doesn't choose default (trial) clam loadouts. The Prime variants (and thus the trials) are all stock loadouts.

That's just what it has. Buy one and change it if you like.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Why not change your loadout? Or are there trial Lynxes?

On a side note: A half ton of MG ammo for 2 MGs lasts, with continuous fire on Battletech....4 minutes and 10 seconds. Non-stop fire.

However, it will have done 100 damage in that 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

In MWO, a half ton of ammo lasts 50 seconds. In that 50 seconds it will have done 80 damage assuming every shot hits. (0.08 damage per bullet).

Food for thought.
Sad food for thought, but some none-the-less.
(Edit: Checked and rechecked the math)

Plenty of MG examples here.

2 Locusts versus Atlas; Locusts win. (Short-hand)
Spoiler

2 Locusts versus Atlas (note it's an 8th Generation Atlas, AS8 and not 7th Generation, our current Atlas, AS7). Full match.
Spoiler

Security mechs fighting each other; lots of explained details as I'm explaining something in it.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#4 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostKoniving, on 17 December 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Why not change your loadout?

On a side note: A half ton of MG ammo for 2 MGs lasts, with continuous fire on Battletech....4 minutes and 10 seconds. Non-stop fire.

However, it will have done 100 damage in that 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

In MWO, a half ton of ammo lasts 50 seconds (that's for one MG)... ahem, sorry about that. For 2 MGs a half ton of ammo lasts 25 seconds. In that 25 seconds it will have done 400 damage assuming every shot hits.

Food for thought.

Yeah, I briefly ran through the math of it while trying to work out why there was only half a tonne. Sadly though it isn't a perfect world and not all those shots will hit. Well, not unless you're shooting at a disco.
Edit: Apparantly if the disco is an AS7 you will barely kill it if you shoot the rear armour. I took two videos, I'm uploading them now though it may take a while. Yay for Australian internet.

I do like the Prime loadout it just annoys me that if you survive to the end of a 15 minute game more often than not you're running around being a pest because you have no ammo. I'm not saying those extra 1000 rounds will supply you through but it would surely help.

View PostWintersdark, on 17 December 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Because PGI doesn't choose default (trial) clam loadouts. The Prime variants (and thus the trials) are all stock loadouts.

That's just what it has. Buy one and change it if you like.

But it is not a 'stock' loadout. The stock Prime has a full tonne of MG ammo and no third locked heat sink (I can understand two). Unfortunately I do have one which is why the complaint about tonnage issues.

Edited by KelesK, 17 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostKelesK, on 17 December 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

But it is not a 'stock' loadout. The stock Prime has a full tonne of MG ammo and no third locked heat sink (I can understand two). Unfortunately I do have one which is why the complaint about tonnage issues.

You are in error. The Prime MLX has only 1/2 ton of MG ammo AND the three fixed heat sinks you are complaining about (the three heat sinks are fixed on EVERY MLX, as are the six jump jets). Don't know where you got your stats from, but you need to double-check them.

My source is Solaris7 by the way. Every TRO is there, along with customized 'Mechs designed by thousands of 'Mech fans.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 17 December 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#6 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 17 December 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

You are in error. The Prime MLX has only 1/2 ton of MG ammo AND the three fixed heat sinks you are complaining about (the three heat sinks are fixed on EVERY MLX, as are the six jump jets). Don't know where you got your stats from, but you need to double-check them.

My source is Solaris7 by the way. Every TRO is there, along with customized 'Mechs designed by thousands of 'Mech fans.

You are correct and I did indeed have a dud source. I just checked my TRO 3050 Revised and you're right, I apologise. Apolgies too to Wintersdark.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users