Since Macros Are Not Banned....can Someone Give Me A Gauss One Click Fire Macro?

66 replies to this topic

#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 19 December 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

It's easy enough to use, just don't like how quiet the sound is..

Put the gauss on all unused weapon groups, you'll see its status easily with your crosshairs.

OP: a macro like this limits your options. It's an impediment not a help.

#22 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 19 December 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Could be useful in a furball. The charge sound is so quiet that it becomes lost under any weapons fire (incoming or outgoing)

Which really makes it a pain for close up fighting. It needs some sort of secondary notice like the crosshairs changing color when charged or something.

You mean like the weapon group state indicators around the crosshairs that are already implemented? Yeah, I suppose nobody thought about it...

#23 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

Macro is a ton easier to use but you do end up wasting ammo if your not careful. Also it potentially isn't that accurate because you have to hold your target through the charge up and it fires when its ready, not when your ready though I guess anyone can develop the skill to improve upon this. Whole damn mechanic sucks to be honest.

#24 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

The new gauss mechanic went live forever ago. If you haven't been able to adjust to it by now, you really just need to give it up and go back to UAC5s.

Seriously. It takes all of five minutes to get used to.

#25 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:20 AM

Or just uninstall...

#26 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 17 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Don't like the click and release gauss. Seeing as macros are allowed and Im running out of fun weapons to use, how do I get gauss to one click fire so I can use it again.

So macro holds down button, and releases as soon as its ready. That way I can treat the weapon as a fire delay weapon instead of hold and release.

Dude the guass rifle is NOT HARD TO USE AT ALL. Even a ******* CAVEMAN CAN DO IT!!!

PGI did a great job on doing this change, I support it 100% and Love it for many reasons!!!

#27 CliffhangerJaeger

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

If you wish to macro, and have some sophisticated tools...

Set first click to hold for 3 seconds, make the second click release.
You need to be able to remap the key on the fly, like with the Razer software or equivalent.

This allows you to abandon the shot, tweak your timing for cool down modules and have click to fire in the charged window.

Best solution I can foresee.

#28 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 19 December 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

The new gauss mechanic went live forever ago. If you haven't been able to adjust to it by now, you really just need to give it up and go back to UAC5s.

Seriously. It takes all of five minutes to get used to.

Which is why I don't really use Gauss any more. For me it just totally messes up my timing when trying to use both Gauss and other weapons like back up MLs and such. I can sort of make it work with using a Macro but mostly trying to use Gauss ends up being a hindrance for me so I would rather drop in a AC and be done with it.

#29 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

OH the friendlies that will get shot in the back ... poor guys...

#30 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 19 December 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Which is why I don't really use Gauss any more. For me it just totally messes up my timing when trying to use both Gauss and other weapons like back up MLs and such. I can sort of make it work with using a Macro but mostly trying to use Gauss ends up being a hindrance for me so I would rather drop in a AC and be done with it.

All i can say is practice. It can be done. I run around in a Grid Iron with medium pulses and a gauss rifle and it works just fine. And I'm a middle-aged old fart that thinks Call of Duty is a point-and-click game.

#31 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

Why would macros be banned. YOu can't ban me from using my mouse or keyboard. Stupid.

#32 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

Could be useful in a furball. The charge sound is so quiet that it becomes lost under any weapons fire (incoming or outgoing)

Which really makes it a pain for close up fighting. It needs some sort of secondary notice like the crosshairs changing color when charged or something.

This is one of the major problems with the mechanic. It's nowhere near visible/audible enough in chaotic fights. One of the reasons I stopped using the weapon completely.

#33 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

It may cause wasted ammo, or FF. But most of the time you are capable of predicting for a second anyways. There will be those 1 offs when something completely unexpected happens and the shot is wasted, but in the short amount of time we are talking about, it probably would have been wasted anyways.

I think the problem being that the gauss may appeal to those not so good at prediction as they don't need to lead the target. The charge basically takes this out of the equation, sure it travels fast, but even if it were slow moving with out the charge, you'd still have to do the same amount of leading.

This is why the charge mechanic is stuipid. It creates an artifical 'lead target' to compensate for the fast projectile, no heat, pp dmg that hits all the core problems (that or to make it less affective at short range if you belive that).

#34 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

I am not sure why anyone would want this. There are so many times I don't fire my gauss because the shot is no longer good its not funny.

#35 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

People with Gauss macros are constantly shooting me in the back. I hate it.

#36 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

There is 6 markers around the central crosshair each one indicating the weapon status of your mech loadout.

When you charge the Gauss the marker who represent the weapon groups with your Gauss in will split in half and load up until Gauss it's fully charged then turn green.

If you put your Gauss in all weapon groups (convenient for pure Gauss builds, sligthy annoying with additional weapons) when all 6 markers turn green is your signal to Fire away as Terciel properly appointed before.

#37 Basilisk222

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 288 posts
  • LocationElmira Heights

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

Most macro softwares like my Razer mouse Allow the buttons to be adjusted to run a macro that's very customizable.

You can actually have it type senteces if you wanted. Either way it's be Pressing one and telling the macro to hold that command for X length of time (time to charge gauss which I think is 1.5 seconds-2 seconds, I Don't use it too much). Most allow this type of command.

Then you could map that command to a mouse button, what I would reccommend doing is mapping it to a button on the mouse different from the main button to normally shoot it. That way you've got options.

Side note though, it'd probably be better overall for you to use a different weapon if you're doing this sort of thing.

#38 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 December 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

What he want's is possible. You'd just need AutoHotKey or something similar to, on activation (be that mouse or keyboard button down), to press the weapon group key for Gauss and automatically hold it for [gauss charge time] then release. It'd be trivial to do, but be bad, as you'd not be able to cancel shots that become unviable or choose the release moment. So, yeah you could do it easily, but it wouldn't be a good idea.

As to specifics, it depends on what he uses for macros.

True.....I probably end up cancelling one out of every 4-5 shorts due to target movement or to prevent friendly fire.

#39 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

The appropriate macro to use with gauss isn't really one that automatically fires it, but rather one that automatically fires ANOTHER group when you release the gauss firing button.

This allows you to easily sync gauss with other weapons.

#40 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostRoland, on 19 December 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

The appropriate macro to use with gauss isn't really one that automatically fires it, but rather one that automatically fires ANOTHER group when you release the gauss firing button.

This allows you to easily sync gauss with other weapons.

This reminds me of the kid that would brag about winning in Track Meet on the original NES by getting down on his knees and smacking his hands against the running pad as fast as he could.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users