Since Macros Are Not Banned....can Someone Give Me A Gauss One Click Fire Macro?

66 replies to this topic

#41 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

Failure to understand the tools at your disposal isn't really a virtue.

The reality is, macroing gauss together with another group isn't really a huge advantage, and in some cases can cause unintended problems (as you often need to make slight timing differences to account for travel time differences).

Ultimtately, the type of macro I described above isn't really some magical auto-win hack... because, generally, if you can't push down one button when you release another, you're probably bad enough that the macro isn't gonna help you anyway.

#42 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostRoland, on 19 December 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Failure to understand the tools at your disposal isn't really a virtue.

I'm a programmer. I understand macros just fine. I'd rather be good at the game. But that seems to be a rarer and rarer state of mind these days. Not all players want an Easy button in their games.

Edited by Rhaythe, 19 December 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#43 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

You may want to read the entire post.

#44 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostRoland, on 19 December 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

You may want to read the entire post.

I did. The point of a macro is to automate things. In the reference of this thread, to make gauss "easier". That's the point of reference I'm addressing.
EDIT: I agree with your post, Roland, in case I'm not making that clear. Though I did feel the need to address the 'failure to understand' barb. EDIT 2: Why the hell is this thing inserting paragraph tags into my posts?

Edited by Rhaythe, 19 December 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#45 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Or, PGI could stop punishing the people trying to blend Gauss Rifles into normal builds, and remove this stupid charging mechanic. It has little impact on people who step out of cover with a boat build, knowing they are going to fire everything at once, as opposed to people who are juggling 3-4 (or more) different weapon systems, and now have a Gauss Rifle that requires its own special bit of attention.

#46 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:01 AM

You know, I just had a match where the charge up sound disappeared altogether. Guess there is a bug.

#47 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

I just bind gauss to whatever keys im not using. Then I can see it charge visibly. One little block makes it much harder when several makes it simple to use.

#48 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 17 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Don't like the click and release gauss. Seeing as macros are allowed and Im running out of fun weapons to use, how do I get gauss to one click fire so I can use it again.

So macro holds down button, and releases as soon as its ready. That way I can treat the weapon as a fire delay weapon instead of hold and release.

this is why i disagree with the Gauss charge. if we are allowed to macro it then why not just make it a delayed shot.

#49 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I have one to make Gauss a double click, instead of a click and hold. I'll get a download link up when I go to lunch if requested.

#50 Alfwok

Rookie

• The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

I was looking for something like this as I am lazy but I thought I could do it better so I tried my hand at it. This is for left click = weapon group 1. For this to work left click can't be bound to weapon group 1 in the game's keybinds or it screws it up. So you have to unbind leftmouse and rebind it if you are playing different mechs without gauss (annoying.) Also weapon group 1 must be bound to "1" on your keyboard in game. You can suspend the script with numpad enter if you need to click and drag for some reason. Not Perfect but works for me.

#IfWinActive, MechWarrior Online (64 bit)
#SingleInstance Force
NumpadEnter:: Suspend

;auto fire gauss on hold
$LButton::
send {1 down}
KeyWait LButton, T.8 ; Wait 1/2 second for user to release key
If ErrorLevel ; Still held down
While GetKeyState("LButton","p"){ ; While it's held down
sleep 250
send {1 up}
sleep 100
}
Else ; They let go in time
Send {1 up}
Click
sleep 100
return

What this does is when you hit leftmouse it presses down weapon group one (key 1) then waits .8 seconds. If you release the mouse button before .8 seconds it releases "1" and doesn't fire. If you continue to hold past .8 seconds it will wait a bit longer then release 1 firing the gauss. So it fires automatically when you hold and you have time, albeit less time if you didn't use the script, to cancel if you don't want to fire.
You can change the "LButton, KeyWait LButton, {1 down}, {1 up}, {1 up}" to change the buttons to suit taste. Oh yeah and if you're 32 bit you'll have to change that at the top.

Edited by Robert Baratheon, 16 June 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#51 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

This is why we can't have nice things. Too many people want to drive Hyundais and tell chicks they are F1 drivers.

#52 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 22 December 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

this is why i disagree with the Gauss charge. if we are allowed to macro it then why not just make it a delayed shot.

Because a delayed shot would be strictly worse than what it is now. You can't cancel a delayed shot if your target walks out of range or behind something.

#53 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Ive always disagreed with Gauss charge. It doesnt actually balance whats wrong with the weapon. All it does is make Gauss more frustrating to use initially, but players who master the timing of the chargeup are able to abuse Gauss as much as ever. And Clan Gauss is still completely ridiculous at 12 tons...

The only thing keeping Clan Gauss from being utterly dominant is the fact most clan mechs dont have enough podspace to use dual gauss and are forced into laserspam instead.

Edited by Khobai, 16 June 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#54 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

Ignore all the Gauss users using macros that dont want you to. If it was so bad they wouldnt mind helping the OP instead of trolling him. Here is how although I refuse to use macros because I consider it cheating.

https://www.youtube....e&v=9ApCthux99Q

As anyone can see the macro basically bypasses the mechanic and those saying the current gauss charge up is better than a macro are now exposed for what they are.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#55 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 June 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

Ignore all the Gauss users using macros that dont want you to. If it was so bad they wouldnt mind helping the OP instead of trolling him. Here is how although I refuse to use macros because I consider it cheating.

https://www.youtube....e&v=9ApCthux99Q

As anyone can see the macro basically bypasses the mechanic and those saying the current gauss charge up is better than a macro are now exposed for what they are.

"Bypass" isn't the word you're looking for.

Automate would be appropriate, but as you can see, he still has to charge the gauss, that charge still exists, it was not bypassed.

#56 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 16 June 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

"Bypass" isn't the word you're looking for.

Automate would be appropriate, but as you can see, he still has to charge the gauss, that charge still exists, it was not bypassed.

Ya well the guy asked a simple question and gets trolled for the most part for 3 pages. This does bypass the mechanic by the way, the word I was looking for is bypass and automate would work also. The press and release mechanic is no longer there, there for bypassed. Which technically makes using a macro cheating as per the TOS, so I understand everyone denying they are using macros and your lame arguement that it isnt being bypassed.

I rate your trolling a 1 out of 10 for lack of originality or logic.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#57 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 June 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Ya well the guy asked a simple question and gets trolled for the most part for 3 pages. This does bypass the mechanic by the way, the word I was looking for is bypass and automate would work also. The press and release mechanic is no longer there, there for bypassed. Which technically makes using a macro cheating as per the TOS, so I understand everyone denying they are using macros and your lame arguement that it isnt being bypassed.

I rate your trolling a 1 out of 10 for lack of originality or logic.

He's not bypassing anything. The mechanic is that you can't fire the weapon without waiting on it to charge first. You can't avoid that with a macro. All a macro does is make it worse, since you can't cancel the shot (or equivalent I guess if your macro allows cancelling, but then it's no different than not using one to begin with).

#58 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostAEgg, on 16 June 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

He's not bypassing anything. The mechanic is that you can't fire the weapon without waiting on it to charge first. You can't avoid that with a macro. All a macro does is make it worse, since you can't cancel the shot (or equivalent I guess if your macro allows cancelling, but then it's no different than not using one to begin with).

Have you used a gauss before? I think not because you cant be serious.

Read slowly. The gauss mechanic is 3 stages. Press, charge up, release. The macro bypasses the release part of the mechanic. Although the press and charge remain.

If you just trolling which is possible, would you and the other raging trolls at least have some sort of valid arguement even if weak and/or irrelavnt when doing so. Then I dont feel the need to correct the untrue or incorrect trollery. :) Thanks. If not trolling I apologize, ignore this.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#59 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 June 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Have you used a gauss before? I think not because you cant be serious.

Read slowly. The gauss mechanic is 3 stages. Press, charge up, release. The macro bypasses the release part of the mechanic. Although the press and charge remain.

If you just trolling which is possible, would you and the other raging trolls at least have some sort of valid arguement when doing so. Thanks. If not trolling I apologize, ignore this.

<face palm>

You would rather always fire .75 seconds exactly after starting the charge than having a full one second window to choose when to shoot in? Enjoy your macro and your gimped gauss rifles. You couldn't pay me to use such a macro.

#60 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 June 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

&lt;face palm&gt;

You would rather always fire .75 seconds exactly after starting the charge than having a full one second window to choose when to shoot in? Enjoy your macro and your gimped gauss rifles. You couldn't pay me to use such a macro.

Ya i would since it bypasses some of the gauss mechanic making it easier to use since 3 stages to fire 1 weapon is a little much. I am sorry you have a problem with that.

More importantly the OP would like it work the way you descibed and the original topic has been trolled for 3 pages without anyone answering the simple question. I did so and am now being trolled for doing so. What has got the troll brigade so excited????????

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users