Since Macros Are Not Banned....can Someone Give Me A Gauss One Click Fire Macro?

66 replies to this topic

#1 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

Don't like the click and release gauss. Seeing as macros are allowed and Im running out of fun weapons to use, how do I get gauss to one click fire so I can use it again.

So macro holds down button, and releases as soon as its ready. That way I can treat the weapon as a fire delay weapon instead of hold and release.

#2 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

That won't work as you can't hold the charge forever. If you hold the charge too long it will lose its charge and during that small window and the ensuing recharge you will not be able to fire.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 17 December 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

That won't work as you can't hold the charge forever. If you hold the charge too long it will lose its charge and during that small window and the ensuing recharge you will not be able to fire.

What he want's is possible. You'd just need AutoHotKey or something similar to, on activation (be that mouse or keyboard button down), to press the weapon group key for Gauss and automatically hold it for [gauss charge time] then release. It'd be trivial to do, but be bad, as you'd not be able to cancel shots that become unviable or choose the release moment. So, yeah you could do it easily, but it wouldn't be a good idea.

As to specifics, it depends on what he uses for macros.

#4 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 17 December 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

I think you've misunderstood. It can be done in a number of ways with a macro (or through PGI). I don't want to hold the charge forever, just make the macro fire as soon as the shot is ready.

No it wont be bad Wintersdark. Its bad the way it currently is for me. I don't like having all my weapons to be click to fire and hold down to keep firing and one out of nowwhere a weapon is both hold and release the same button to fire based on time. PGI could have given players an option on how to fire guass.

Here are 3 different ways it can be done with the current mechanic in place with just a macro or minor change from PGI.

1. Click fire button normally, as in press and release the way you normally "click" a mouse button. Shot charges to 0.75 seconds and immediately fires as soon as its ready regardless of how you click the button again (repeatedly or just once). Its click and forget. No way to cancel shot.

2. Same as above except clicking the button again before 0.75s is up cancels the shot

3 (my fav). Click button down and hold to charge, as soon as 0.75 seconds hits, shot fires, EVEN if you still hold the button down and don't let go. IF you let go before charge complete it cancels the shot.

If PGI made it like number 3 I would have no problem with the gauss mechanic.

I would like to suggest method 3 to PGI to be implemented, what is the best way to reach someone who could make this happen? Keep in mind it does NOT change the way gauss is currently implemented, it could be a simple menu option like arm lock throttle decay etc

Edited by l33tworks, 17 December 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#5 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

I hope you like wasting gauss ammo
Because this is how you waste gauss ammo

#6 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

TBH, using this macro sounds a lot harder than simply using it as per normal. :P

#7 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

I have a macro set up for Gauss and PPC on weapon groups 5 and 6. The PPC fires slightly before Gauss releases, so at a nominal range they hit at roughly same time. I still have Guass and PPC bound to normal lower weapon groups so I can use them separately. The macro is bound to a special button I hit only when I'm positive I want synced fire, like an enemy standing still on a ridge. It's really not a big deal, I rarely use it but it does come in handy. I can't really share it as it's part of my Logitech Gaming software with my G700 mouse, which makes it really easy to program macros like this.

#8 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

EDit... These are regular macros... one push button and gauss fires... I"m too tired and busy to write a hold down forever macro... honestly I do not think it would work 100 percent..

No one is helping the OP with their posts(some people are)... so here you go...

What mouse button do you want to use for the macro? Left Mouse button? Use the Number Pad Enter Key to turn this script off/on (well technically its suspended)... also bind the gauss to the weapon group 6 (and also 1 or your Left Mouse button)

Get Autohotkey for free and copy/paste macro below

#SingleInstance Force
#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeyBDHook
NumpadEnter:: Suspend
#IfWinActive ahk_class CryENGINE
LButton::
while GetKeyState("LButton","P")
{
send {6 down}
sleep 800
send {6 up}
}

Here is for the Right Mouse button... incase you do not want your left Mouse button used..

#SingleInstance Force
#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeyBDHook
RButton::
while GetKeyState("RButton","P")
{
send {6 down}
sleep 800
send {6 up}
}

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 18 December 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#9 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

View Postl33tworks, on 17 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Don't like the click and release gauss. Seeing as macros are allowed and Im running out of fun weapons to use, how do I get gauss to one click fire so I can use it again.

So macro holds down button, and releases as soon as its ready. That way I can treat the weapon as a fire delay weapon instead of hold and release.

you should change your nickname before using a gauss macro :ph34r:

#10 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

How about something that is like this:

Click able > not clickable for 1.5 seconds while charging > clickable

This way you can spam click while charging while saving gauss shots?

#11 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 17 December 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

EDit... These are regular macros... one push button and gauss fires... I"m too tired and busy to write a hold down forever macro... honestly I do not think it would work 100 percent..

No one is helping the OP with their posts(some people are)... so here you go...

What mouse button do you want to use for the macro? Left Mouse button? Use the Number Pad Enter Key to turn this script off/on (well technically its suspended)... also bind the gauss to the weapon group 6 (and also 1 or your Left Mouse button)

Get Autohotkey for free and copy/paste macro below

#SingleInstance Force
#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeyBDHook
LButton::
while GetKeyState("LButton","P")
{
send {6 down}
sleep 800
send {6 up}
}

Here is for the Right Mouse button... incase you do not want your left Mouse button used..

#SingleInstance Force
#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeyBDHook
RButton::
while GetKeyState("RButton","P")
{
send {6 down}
sleep 800
send {6 up}
}

Hi Lord Tsarkon. I have been not been on mwo for a few days. Just wanted to thank you for posting that and let you know I appreciate the effort you put in. Thanks. Yes mouse button one is fine. Will give it a go soon.

Edited by l33tworks, 19 December 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#12 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 19 December 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hi Lord Tsarkon. I have been not been on mwo for a few days. Just wanted to thank you for posting that and let you know I appreciate the effort you put in. Thanks. Yes mouse button one is fine. Will give it a go soon.

I love how in response to a basic request a bunch of jackasses attack the OP before someone finally gives the OP useful information :)

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

Well wouldn't use the macro at all, you lose the important feature of holding the charge until needed to unlaod. so the macro shoots perfectly after chareg is done, yet you cna not perfectly predict if the situation after charge is still the moment you want to shoot.

for jumpsnipers with PPC's this may had been some useful thing, but in most situations it wouldn't make sense.

#14 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Could be useful in a furball. The charge sound is so quiet that it becomes lost under any weapons fire (incoming or outgoing)

Which really makes it a pain for close up fighting. It needs some sort of secondary notice like the crosshairs changing color when charged or something.

#15 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

I find it hard to believe people think learning how to use a guass rifle, with the current charge/release mechanic, is too difficult or challenging. The game was designed so some skill was required to use it successfully. Why does there always have to be an "easy button" to avoid playing the game as intended? Oh well.

#16 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:24 AM

It's easy enough to use, just don't like how quiet the sound is..

#17 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

For many of us, it's not that the mechanic is 'hard' to learn. The problem for a lot of us is that it breaks the primary rule of modern weapons ( Pull trigger, goes bang ) and is generally a crap mechanic which utterly failed at its intended purpose. Several of us have suggested ways to de-couple gauss and PPC weapons which make sense and would be impossible to work around, but here we are a year later still saddled with a Wii mechanic. Can I use gauss the way it is now? Yes, and I do quite well with it when I bring it. Do I want to use it with this stupid firing delay and charge that vanishes to sock narnia? No.

Edited by Helsbane, 19 December 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#18 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

Why would you want this? Since the macro guarantees a shot each time you click, you'll be wasting precious ammunition here and there. If you instead try to get used to the charge, it's actually useful sometimes. You have the option to abort a shot, it fits the "sniper weapon" theme in my opinion.

#19 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

Good god, you're going to be blasting allies in the backs non-stop with this kind of macro...

#20 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostTahribator, on 19 December 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

Why would you want this? Since the macro guarantees a shot each time you click, you'll be wasting precious ammunition here and there. If you instead try to get used to the charge, it's actually useful sometimes. You have the option to abort a shot, it fits the "sniper weapon" theme in my opinion.

'Sniper Weapons' still fire when you pull the trigger. The break of the trigger is akin to the finest sheet of glass snapping under the pressure of your finger. Your option to abort the shot, is NOT to pull the trigger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users