• The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

Well, we need to maximize what we have.

Post here to post drop deck ideas.

DONT BE AFRAID OF META!!!

My observations

I usually run ThunderWub, Thunderbolt 9S, Cicada B/M, Spider D.

I mainly pilot lights but you need attrition in CW...unless zerging.

Thunderbolts, Dragons have been showing well

Stalkers, Atlas DDC/S, Banshee do well.

HBK, Cents, KTO, Wolverine, Shads, Griffin...may be better to use STD engine??

FS, Spider, Jenner(ONLY if you are better in them than a FS...CT is a big target)

For consultation/reference:
http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/

Hope this helps.

#2 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

My main deck is:
Grid Iron or Vindicator 1AA used on first drop
King Crab 000(L) if defence gets desperate or serious pushing
FS-A/Ember for "Hail Mary" last option zergling.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

I usually take two lights with jumpjets and two assault/heavies.

Having the two jumping lights is good for jumping the gates and scouting or taking down gate generators. I start with one of those on defense.

On attack I use a long-ranged light or a Banshee depending on the drop commander. I've been using a Jenner with 2 ERLLas because it has range, speed, jumpjets, and doesn't need the ECM.

I've been having a lot of success with my Cicada since it mounts 2x LPLas and can snipe generators from ECM cover, but I don't always use it because it doesn't have jumpjets and it's a bit slow, so I feel vulnerable in it. =3

#4 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

U guys need the - Urban Mech !!!!

The garbage can of somewhat lacking mass destruction. When that gate opens and 12 urbanmechs come waddling through the enemy won't know to either shoot, scratch their head or to laugh. FRR never fear the Urbie is hear!

#5 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I've been using the following:

1) Cicada 3M with 2 ERLarge, ECM
2) Thunderbolt 9s with 2 ERPPC, 3ML, 2 AMS
3) Cataphract 2x with AC20, 2 ERLarge
4) Thunderbolt 9se with 3 Large Pulse, 2 ML

The duel ERLarge on a fast ECM is great for sniping the gates, or defending the gates. The heavily quirked duel ERPPCs of the Tbolt 9s is devastating. My last 2 I'm still considering changing.

#6 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

My deck, in the order I use them mostly:
BJ-3 with PPC.
defends well, esp. on the cold map and can open every gate, JJs help here.
Flak-Jager: 4 AC2: again on the cold map a devestating mech for you can shoot from the home base to the fight at the gates. Runs a bit hot on the other.
AC40 Jager: nothing beats the punch of 2 AC20 at the same point. Nice for attacking run, shooting the cannon or for stopping the enemy to do this.
Oxide: For when you need SRM fast. nice on the hot map for destroying the gens. Also gives bonus to all CB.

thats 210tons.

Edited by LennStar, 26 December 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#7 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

I have found Wolverines to be effective, usually drop with my 6R and my 6K on attack decks, they make a mean support for PPC Thunderbolts like a light dragon. Also Marc Commandos make great spotters for LRM boats and help cut through the epic ECM spam the clans have.

#8 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'm running
-Wubmaster (fast for an assault mech and decent firepower with very fast delivery)

-Stalker (with either long range laser build or srm brawler depending if I attack or defend)

-Raven Huginn (Fast small mech with jump jets and excelent firepower) <--- I feel that this should be in every players drop deck. It's insanely good

-Raven 3L (Fast light ECM. This is a bit of a filler tbh but it's not a bad filler)

#9 cDnStealth

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

I just had a nice game as attackers on Sulfurous Rift with this setup:

Thunderbolt 9S (3 ERPPC)
King Crab 0000L (2 AC20 & 2 MPL)
Shadowhawk 2D2 (AC5, 3 SRM6, SRM4 & 2ML)
Locust 3M (5 SPL)

#10 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Copy/pasted this text since it relates to the impossible to defeat Clanner on Boreal issue.

Oh and I did drop with Davion SMC 11 man at one point (once pugging, then a few on Ts3 against Clanners). We did a very unique plan that might help us via counterattacking and straight attacking for Boreal with Clanners (the near impossible situation).

--> Take 6-8 lights and 4-6 snipers. Lights distract em and take ALL 3 GENS in one swoop. Then the snipers break the gates and regroup.
--> Then take a bunch of snipers in order to take down turrets and any other defenses from Beta to the right. Get some shots on Omega.
--> This either is second last wave or last wave, take all the heaviest mechs (make sure to have a guy distract at Alpha) and charge Beta with multiple DDCs/support ECM. This should take out the gen, but if not:
--> If that doesn't work, do a 6-8 man with heavyish mechs and the rest take lights again. The heavy mechs go and distract if not win it right there and then. The lights flank and kill off the gen.

Thus far this had worked magnificently on Boreal against Clanners and this should be the way to go.

Required mechs will include DDC, multiple 35 tonner lights and any support mechs (SMC took Jagers, K2s, and even Dragons/AWS-PB and still won well.)

Edited by luxebo, 30 December 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#11 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nice!

#12 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

My usual lineup was
- DRG 5N(C) rigged as per quirks (UAC5, 2ERLL) + zoom + appropriate weapon mods
- TDR-9SE rigged as per quirks only with no missiles (LPLs) + radar derp etc + LPL weapon mods
- JM6-DD AC20 UAC5 - semi quirked with appropriate modules
- CN9-D with quirk optimised loadout (LBX10 + MLs) and an LBX10 cooldown module the LBX can fire every 1.2 seconds!

Also have tried a deck with all CN-9s (D,AL,AH,A), with an STK-5S

Edited by DaveRatters, 30 December 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#13 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

1: tdr 9s
2: drg 1n
3: blr 1g
4: sdr-5d

#14 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

TDR-9S
TDR-9S
TDR-5SS
FS9-S

#15 Viperion

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

hmm i see

1st Drop: Thunderbolt 9s = 2 Er PPC (shoulder) 4x ML
2nd Drop Thunderbolt 5SS = 7x MPL
3rd Drop Cata Jester = 6x MPL or Ilya Muromets = 2x AC10 3x MPL or Thunderbolt 5S = 1x LL 3x ML, 2x SRM6
4th Drop Raven 3L = 1x SPL 1x ML 1x MPL 2x SRM4 (with ECM) or Raven Huginn = 4x machine gun, 2x SRM 4

thats the usual drop for me.. although from time to time.. i drop in battlemaster 1G or Victor Dragonslayer...

#16 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

I always encourage the guys in my unit to have 1 light Mech (preferably ECM based), 1 fast Medium and 2 Heavy/Assault Mechs. Some pilots prefer 2 Mediums and 2 Heavies. Unless you are taking an ECM light in earlier waves, make sure to reserve your fastest Mechs for a coordinated push on generators/Omega.

IMPORTANT: Try to have at least 2 ECM Mechs active at all times throughout the match. If opponent is using LRMs, keep ECM Mechs alive. If not in a 12 man, USE TEAM CHAT and ask for 2 ECM volunteers.

CW-Specific Meta Mechs from QQ Mercs' experience (sorry if I missed any!):
  • ECM Raven with 2 ER LLs OR 3 MLs & 2 SRM 4s - good to have 2 of these in your 12 man for wave 1 or the latter build for a Gen kill due to the higher DPS
  • RVN-Huggin with SRMs and MGs - high DPS takedown of Mechs on defense or for hitting generators
  • Firestarter FS9-A with 8 x SPL - great on defense and for hitting generators/Omega
  • Firestarter FS9-S with 5 x MPL - a bit hotter, but better range
  • Cicada-3M (ECM) with 2 x ER LL - good for Wave 1 ECM coverage and poking
  • Vindicator-1AA with 2 x PPC - good jump sniper with PPC quirks (best for waves 1 and 2)
  • HunchBack Grid Iron with single Gauss and max ammo - like firing dual Gauss because of the 50% cooldown + 10% with c/d module
  • Sparky (GRF-1E) with 1-2 LL and 4-5 ML (STD engine) - fast, tanky medium for hitting Generators/Omega and good at shooting out legs on defense
  • Dragon-1N - 2 x AC5s - great for anti-push defense (hit legs!) or taking out a generator at range
  • Quickdraw-4G with 3 x ER LL (STD 300) OR ShadowHawk-2K - high mounts, JJs, speed make this a nice Wave 1 poking build
  • Quickdraw-5K OR ShadowHawk-2K with 3 x PPC or 2 x PPC, 1 x ER PPC - not as good as the TDR, but decent alternatives if you need to sacrifice tonnage and you want JJs.
  • Quickdraw-5K with 4 x ER LL (STD engine)
  • TDR-9S with 3 x ER PPC (STD engine) - Best IS Meta Mech today and great in waves 1 and 2, consider having 2 of these in your deck
  • TDR-5SS with 2 x ER LL (high mounts) and 5 x MPL - good for both defense and offense (use if you suck with PPCs or prefer hitscan weapons)
  • CTF-3D with Gauss + 2 x PPC OR Dual Gauss - classic poptarter that gets clear shots over the gate. Sit in the back and poke, poke, poke.
  • Victor DragonSlayer with Gauss, 1 x PPC, 1 x ER PPC - yes, it still works and the PPC velocity buff almost matches the ER PPC speed.
  • STK-4N with 4-5 x LL or 4 ER LL (alt is STK-3H for ER LL) - ideal for Wave 1 on defense or offense, wave 2 if doing a heavy/assault slow push (use the LL version if intending it as a push Mech)
  • BNC-3E with 3 x AC5 + 2 X PPC/2 x ER LL/4 x ML - best IS Assault for killing Mechs on defense (use 4 MLs for best DPS) or for alpha long range (use PPCs or ER LLs)
  • King Crab - 2 x Gauss, 2 x ER PPC OR 4 x UAC 5 - use on Wave 1 or 2 if your team intends on a slow assault push. Do not lead with this Mech... use STKs or BNCs for tanking.
You will notice I have not listed a single LRM or Streak-based Mech. These are situational Mechs and tend to offer little through the life of a match. Sometimes they can be great and other times they sit there doing nothing. Location of damage cannot be controlled, so if you see a critical component, you cannot guarantee a hit on that component with RNG weapons. Direct fire will ALWAYS be useful in ALL situations!

If you would like a specific build or have it reviewed, just post in this forum and you will get loads of help from the FRR Community.

Good luck out there!

Edited by Karpundir, 12 January 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#17 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Hmm I test out new things every now and then.

Lately I have taken along a Jager S with AC5, mlasers and 2 mg, also the Hugin and Arrow.
If its defence I take along another BJ, if its offence I bring along another Raven or the trial FS.

#18 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

HGN-733--------------->Lurmaggeddon
CTF-4X----------------->3xAC5+ERLLas make this a flexible "holding the line" backup or a "damn, that guy is annoying" one.
HBK-4SP--------------->With 2xLRM10s, so u can pivot from the massive MLas to indirect fire in hit-and-run fashion.
SPD-5D----------------->Never bad to get a 150+KpH mech with ECM.

I tend to drop in that order also, but, as u notice in the mech's selection, i like to carry flexible mech for anything that can happen and any situation.

#19 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

I see that u dont advise to take LRM based Mechs, but in my experience, i just feel that dropping anything under a Stalker is a waste, cause u gonna need TONS of missiles, a slot for a TAG and a BAP, so only really heavy mechs can fill the requirements:
I run a 40 tubes 2160 missiles with TAG, BAP, and a PPC. I have good numbers in it. But, honestly, dont even think to drop with a LRM-boat with under 45 salvoes of missiles, cause u gonna run dry too soon for it to worth the slot in ur dropship.

#20 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

@DelphiAuriga

Consider using the HBK-4J instead of the 4P. It has quirks for LRM 10s that fire 50% faster (Jman5 aka HBKing has been using this to tremendously good effect lately). You can stuff it with plenty of ammo, TAG and 3 Small Lasers for close combat deterrence.

That CTF-4X sounds like it runs out of ammo should you be engaged in an attrition battle. What does your build look like? (Plz post Smurfy link)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users