Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

with 130 latency: luck

#22 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

Same here: Luck. But on big targets I went to shooting the head area with high alpha mechs. Worst thing that can happen is you alpha their CT that everyone else is shooting as well. Once in a thousand kills you might get that random headshot on a running mech tho and enjoy the Hackusations for the rest of the round :)

#23 MWilson109

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Not particularly grand but,
I got my headshot by finding a DC'ed enemy mech and shooting the head.
If your on your own might as well strips its internals first though.

#24 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

I echo what others have said on this thread, but many 'mechs have less then 18 head armor, 17 even 16, and properly built Stormcrows have 10% less head armor, which works out to 1.8 less. So 30 PPFLD still works well, examples of this are, 3 ERPPC Thunderbolt 9S, Dual Gauss Jaeger, AC/20+PPC/ERPPC, and Cataphract 3D with a PPC and 2 AC/10. It also works if your running slightly less then 33 PPFLD and have a Targeting Computer of any kind, you might get the crits you need to finish off that head structure with multiple Clan lasers.

Edited by Bows3r, 07 January 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#25 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

Go to the testing grounds and practice with all the mechs in there, for everything else you can take a rough guess and watch the paper doll thing to see where your hits land.

A few mechs are just plain broken in terms of nailing their cockpits reliably..spider, blackjack, Cataphract, thunderbolt, stalkers and probably a few others. I swear these mechs are piloted by mice in tiny little cockpits, you can pump 500dmg in what should be the cockpit and core them long before you ever get a headshot off.

#26 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

I got my first last night by shooting a Direwhale in the face with dual AC20's

#27 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostShinVector, on 22 December 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

There is a trick to and it depends on how fast you able to pick up on their and capitalist.
1. Some people just stay stilll for far, far tooo long... Especially people in big hulking assaults.
2. Every mech has the same MAX armour + Structure for the cockpit. Actually I believe exactly 32 damage will be enough to cockpit someone.

Anyway... If some stays still for too long.. You can easily cockpit them... Eg. Try AC40 Jager at close range. Dual gauss can do it at long range if, you are lucky enough to get a critical hit.

Quoting myself... Cockpitted my first HellBringer. :) :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users