All Davion Units

97 replies to this topic

#41 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostMalk2651, on 19 December 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...-house-steiner/

Here is a thread with many units talking about an alliance between Davion and Steiner.

While I don't speak directly about internal secrets and affairs of House Steiner and Davion, I am inclined to agree that the units of the LCAF are in talks with House Davion about this.

#42 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostSaxie, on 19 December 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Ummmmm the Blood Pearls may make more head way in the comp scene if you all actually stopped acting like trolls. I can't imagine acting this way paints your unit in any positive light.

At this point, I'm wondering if the Blood Pearls are being belligerent just because they weren't invited to the alliance discussions. If this is the way they behave, I can't say I'm surprised they got skipped over.

#43 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

Just ignore these anti-CW anti-Steiner anti-FedCom "we'll do what we want" trollthings, they aren't worth the effort.

They'll get schooled soon enough, ideally by simply ignoring their petulance. Ignore them here, ignore them on Davion TS, and ignore their attacks on any Steiner territory. Don't give them the satisfaction of attaining the attention they so desperately crave.

They'll take their little units home soon enough.

#44 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 19 December 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

.no one came up to Blood Pearls saying hey lets make an alliance with steiner.

The groups in that Davion banner were just the limit of what could be gathered together on short notice when CW hit early and unannounced. Not contacting the Blood Pearls was by no means any intentional slight.

Pop into the Davion TS, and you will have an equal voice to any other unit there. The groups so far accumulated are perfectly happy to support and coordinate and work with you, fill out drops, combine efforts on targets, and whatnot.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, like what Steiner units a cooperative gentleman's agreement has been reached. As I'm not a representative for those units, I won't speak for them publicly.

#45 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

So, Blood Pearls. To make this as simple to understand as possible:

If you want join the rest of the Davion Community and abide by the Steiner/Davion ceasefire, you are more than welcome to feel free to do so. You weren't deliberately excluded and we'd welcome you on board.

If you want to be spiteful, petulant and childish, by all means carry on as you are. I do urge you to not go this route - working with the rest of your team is generally far more enjoyable than working against them.

Edited by Harathan, 19 December 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

So the correct response to rogue units would be to report them to senior command and apparently some merc unit named 'Blood Pearls' based on the sig? However PGI has made it clear that factions won't be player run so this is the sort of stuff we need to deal with.

Appropriate response in my opinion is that Steiner still ignores the Davion front. If some rogue elements decide that signing up as house units but playing as clueless mercs is their thing and bugger it up we offer Steiner a world in return. Without any of the serious/major/growed-up orgs defending a planet 1 training company of Steiner officials could take it pretty easily with a minimum of wasted time.

Some people just enjoy sandbagging and take delight in getting attention by trying to shaft their own team. We need to have a plan in place to deal with this out of the gate. My opinion is 'official swaps'. The big kids at the big kids table agree on a treaty. If pugs who never read the forums and pocket sized orgs or even 'merc units' who are actually Marik/Liao loyalists who just play as mercs to torpedo treaties try to bugger them up we just make official swaps. If some twits manage to take a piece of Steiner space we invite them to take a planet in return. The window-lickers have been failing for like a week to take a Steiner planet on their own. They're certainly not going to be able to take a Davion one.

Also so long as we keep it clear that serious Davion units are holding a treaty with Steiner but that we've got some likely traitors in our midst attacking Steiner under a Davion false-flag then we can keep misinformation to a minimum.

Honestly there needs to be a way for player orgs to create treaties like this. The fundamental issue is that it just promotes false-flag play; why don't we all create some alt accounts, name our merc org 'Marik blows goats', take a Marik contract and go grind attacks on the Liao border?

Someone want to tweet this to Russ? See if we can get perma-contract loyalists to a faction (from day 1, not anyone from after say day 3) the ability to vote on faction alliances and remove fronts from their faction? Otherwise you could literally just run false flag merc groups and torpedo any alliance.

#47 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

You guys still missing the point. You guys made a inside treaty with a couple of merc groups and then expect everyone to follow. No one else knew about this so called treaty, but you guys get mad when other people attack steiner. How can you guys get upset with anyone else when no one else was invited and nobody else even knew about this so call pact yall made?? If anything you guys should of did a poll on the forums and made sure everyone could see this. No one did this. Point is don't except every one to be on par with this so called treaty and no one else had an input on this. this treaty is strickly between those units that mad this. Everyone else is please to do as they are.

/Case closed new topic please.

Edited by IIIuminaughty, 19 December 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#48 Malk2651

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostValar13, on 18 December 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Whoever is attacking New Earth needs to stop. You're endangering the integrity of the united Federated Commonwealth. We're fighting on every front as it is. We do NOT need to provoke a civil war with Steiner.

Cut it out.

I'm going to Quote the OP here. The whole point of this thread was to raise awareness of the Alliance and ask people who were unaware of it to help maintain it.

Posted Image

#49 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 19 December 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

You guys still missing the point. You guys made a inside treaty with a couple of merc groups and then expect everyone to follow. No one else knew about this so called treaty, but you guys get mad when other people attack steiner. How can you guys get upset with anyone else when no one else was invited and nobody else even knew about this so call pact yall made?? If anything you guys should of did a poll on the forums and made sure everyone could see this. No one did this. Point is don't except every one to be on par with this so called treaty and no one else had an input on this. this treaty is strickly between those units that mad this. Everyone else is please to do as they are.

/Case closed new topic please.

The only one missing the point is you and, apparently, the rest of the Blood Pearls.

You guys made a inside treaty with a couple of merc groups and then expect everyone to follow. No one else knew about this so called treaty, but you guys get mad when other people attack steiner. How can you guys get upset with anyone else when no one else was invited and nobody else even knew about this so call pact yall made??

There was no "inside treaty". Davion aligned units (both Merc and House), many of whom had worked together in the past, hastily threw together an alliance when CW went live. That alliance represents the bulk of active Davion players who decided, collectively, to ask Steiner for a ceasefire. Our opposite numbers on the Steiner side agreed. That the Blood Pearls were not included in that initial rush was not an intentional insult, but given your hostility here may well represent an unwillingness on your part to work with other Davion units. Clearly nobody, during the creation of this alliance of Davion units, stopped and said "Oh hey, we should invite the Blood Pearls". How much of that is on your own head?

There have been numerous threads about it since then, both in the Davion section and the Steiner section. Perhaps some more effort could have been made to make this information available to other Davion units, but it certainly wasn't a secret, or hidden and suggesting that was the case is laughable.

If anything you guys should of did a poll on the forums and made sure everyone could see this. No one did this. Point is don't except every one to be on par with this so called treaty and no one else had an input on this. this treaty is strickly between those units that mad this.

Since the ceasefire was brokered between a group of units representing the bulk of the Davion community, and it was posted about here, I'm not sure what else we could have done, although I will concede that I understand that the Blood Pearls feel they were left out of the loop. However, you guys have to take responsibility for at least some of your ignorance; House Davion TS3 and this forum provided plenty of opportunity to learn about this.

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 21 December 2014 - 06:23 PM.
Unconstructive

#50 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-house-steiner/

http://mwomercs.com/...iner-ceasefire/

http://mwomercs.com/...ggression-pact/

http://mwomercs.com/...mber-of-fronts/

You can see from these thread that both Davion and Steiner are actively working to promote a ceasefire/alliance between the two Great Houses.

#51 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Perhaps the Blood Pearls just don't work well with others? Sure seems that way judging by your posts.

View PostSaxie, on 19 December 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Ummmmm the Blood Pearls may make more head way in the comp scene if you all actually stopped acting like trolls. I can't imagine acting this way paints your unit in any positive light.

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

At this point, I'm wondering if the Blood Pearls are being belligerent just because they weren't invited to the alliance discussions. If this is the way they behave, I can't say I'm surprised they got skipped over.

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

The only one missing the point is you and, apparently, the rest of the Blood Pearls.

Since the ceasefire was brokered between a group of units representing the bulk of the Davion community, and it was posted about here, I'm not sure what else we could have done, although I will concede that I understand that the Blood Pearls feel they were left out of the loop. However, you guys have to take responsibility for at least some of your ignorance; House Davion TS3 and this forum provided plenty of opportunity to learn about this.

Let me chime in here.

I AM a leader for the Blood Pearls. Illuminaughty is one of our more outspoken pilots, but he does not speak for the team. You should not pass judgement on the team based on the opinion of one player. If you want an alliance then you speak to the leadership of our unit, Hashman, Smagaman or myself. Otherwise you can take your thoughts and comments the same way you took Illuminaughty and shove them up your mech's exhaust port.

From the partial quotes I listed above, you guys dont do much homework either or you would have known that he is not a leader of our unit. But I see that many of you just jump to the conclusion that the rest of the team is the same. So be it.

We work with a large faction of Davion (and if you want to know the unit's name you can PM me. I will give you our Comms info as well as theirs), but trust me, we are Mercs and we dont owe you anything.

Our internal orders (I know because I issue them on our web site daily) have been to attack Liao, Kurita or Marik units IN THAT ORDER. We have DEFENDED against Steiner units in Davion Space and will do so again if need be.

The House that we agreed to align with has made NO mention of a ceasefire with Steiner. Zero mention. I suspect if your want to continue this 'ceasefire' on Steiner, that you get the bigger units involved and insure that they have their alliances on board as well.

You guys also need to remember this is a GAME. To be played for fun. If Illuminaughty wants to speak his piece, then that is his right same as each of you. If you want more to be on board with your alliance, you should make it more well known. Not everyone spends hours on the forums. some of us actually spend hours in the game, you know FOR FUN?

I am open to PMs. I will gladly set up a meeting on comms if you so desire. I will deal with Illuminaughty. None of you should judge our team because of 1. I dont judge yours. Play the game and enjoy the game.

#52 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

This illuminaughty guy sounds like a FWL or Cappellan shill that jumped over when his contract ran out to spread discord throughout the Federated Commonwealth. That or he is just a troll.

#53 The Lonegopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

There's a subject we can't take about in the forums. It has consequences if you do it or talk about it. I believe it should be a legit part of the game. to bad the consequences are so dire. It'd make the game a lot more fun I think. Jacob, you can't help this person or his group. Just let it ride, let the Steiners police these guys by putting a stomping on them and letting Steiner know Davion grouped community doesn't support these guys. You can't win everything, but don't fight stupid. No one ever wins.

#54 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Im just saying you guys saying everyone has to agree to this treaty and its only between a couple of the units not every unit is aware of this. And i only said blood pearls because I don't know any other units by heart that have heard of this plus I know for a fact no other unit came to blood pearls leaders and said hey lets have a treaty or we would have heard about it and wouldn't even came on here. Never once did I say all of blood pearls are against this. said one simple thing no one came up to any of the BPs and said hey there is a treaty we would like you guys to be a part of it. You guys took it upon yourselves and the what the 2 - 3 biggest unit in davion to just go ahead and say this is what its going to be. Its messed up how we can't attack steiner just because you guys say so there was no poll taken just a couple of people that said hey yeah im for it and i know there are a lot more davions out here that had no say in this.

I could see if this treaty was official and could be known by every single player in the game but its not there for you shouldn't come on here telling everyone what they can and can not do.

Edited by IIIuminaughty, 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#55 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostBasskicker, on 19 December 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

This illuminaughty guy sounds like a FWL or Cappellan shill that jumped over when his contract ran out to spread discord throughout the Federated Commonwealth. That or he is just a troll.

View PostThe Lonegopher, on 19 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

There's a subject we can't take about in the forums. It has consequences if you do it or talk about it. I believe it should be a legit part of the game. to bad the consequences are so dire. It'd make the game a lot more fun I think. Jacob, you can't help this person or his group. Just let it ride, let the Steiners police these guys by putting a stomping on them and letting Steiner know Davion grouped community doesn't support these guys. You can't win everything, but don't fight stupid. No one ever wins.

No, he has been with our unit prior to MWO being in Closed Beta. He can be a troll and I posted that WE will deal with him.

If you want to sick your Steiner units on us, then so be it. We will happily take on any challenge.
We owe NOTHING to Davion other than actual friendships that we formed YEARS ago in MW4 and before.

Again you guys judge our unit based on the voice of 1.

Should I do the same Lonegopher when you say Davion Community no longer supports us? I doubt that is the truth, but I will take it up with the leaders of the House Unit we agreed to Merc for, based on YOUR statement. It would mean nothing to me / my unit to Merc for another House. It is a game and kicking mech butt is where the fun is, not forum wars.

#56 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

Can't we ALL just blow up some Green,Purple and Red Mechs??

#57 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Thanks to All, I got my shot of humor for the day :)

#58 Robomomo2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInvader class warship

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

But if we keep attacking them maybe Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion will be killed...

And then maybe Victor Steiner-Davion will fail to arrive at here Funeral on time...

And then the Lyran people will start to hate him...

And then maybe his sister will steal the Lyran half of the throne while he's smoking Jaguars...

And then maybe a civil war will break out...

And then maybe PGI will fast-forward the timeline to keep it lore accurate...

And that means Templar!!! and Legacy!!!! and can tech in IS mechs!!! and a bunch of other neat stuff!!!

So... EVERY ONE ATTACK NEW EARTH!!!

Note: I am not a anti-fedcom pug... just want a Fafnir (2xheavy gauss to pay back the whales)

#59 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostJacob Side, on 19 December 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

As I said man stop by and find out what we're about. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

I have no problem of stopping by, I really don't.

#60 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 19 December 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I have no problem of stopping by, I really don't.

And from Experience I will vouch that he did, i asked the leader of C4 Asuru to talk to him :)

and btw I am still thankful for the Humor in the whole thing, i acknowledge that it is really serious to some people but it lifted my spirits today :P

Edited by StoneFeyer, 19 December 2014 - 06:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users