• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hi there :)

I have a big Problem with MWO. I Upgraded my System form AMD & ATI to Intel & Nvidia. But the Money wasnt worth(?)...

My System:

CPU: i7-3770
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
Graphics: Palit GTX 770 Jetstream (2GB DDR5)
HDD: 1TB Western Digital (7200u/min)
PS: Corsair 650W
Screen: Samsung 22" FULL-HD LED.
(if Point of interest: i Play windowed, but Fullscreen doesnt make it better ;) )
And yes: Anti-Allising is OFF. And i got the latest Driver for the GTX 770.

If i set all Video-Setting to Maximum
i got nearly 30 - 40FPS -> If I´m Standing still. If I´m running and there is a firefight i drop to 20FPS and got really bad micro stuttering. Where the FPS can drop down to 15...

If I set all to High:
Running and firefight: 30 FPS.... Same Problem with the micro stuttering.

But with this Grapiccard and the i7 its not acceptable that i got that low fps...

I watched wit SPECCY and the Task Manager (from Windows 8.1) the CPU and the Graphicscard. The Graphicscard never get over 40% and the CPU never over 45%... The RAM is between 3GB to 4GB.

Maybe someone can explain/teach me to get mwo run better.

Greets

EDIT: I Forget: at some maps i have with Maximum Settings over 55FPS (Canyon Network, Tourmaline Desert) but my fps are then jumping randomly to to 10 FPS and go up to 30 or 40...

Edited by MadC4t, 19 December 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#2 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

What clockspeed is your CPU at? Is it a K model or vanilla 3770? Have you monitored temperatures? Did you manually check the mwoclient.exe settings in the Nvidia control panel?

I'm assuming when you went from AMD/ATI to Intel/Nvidia you completely reinstalled windows -and- MWO.

#3 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 19 December 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

What clockspeed is your CPU at? Is it a K model or vanilla 3770? Have you monitored temperatures? Did you manually check the mwoclient.exe settings in the Nvidia control panel?

I'm assuming when you went from AMD/ATI to Intel/Nvidia you completely reinstalled windows -and- MWO.

Clockspeed must be 3,4Ghz.
Yes, its the i7-3770K.
Yes at the same time where i watched the %. :)
The temperature is normal.

at the beginnig i did that. And its listed in the Nvidia Panel.

Uhm, as i changed the Motherboard an the CPU, i want install Win 8.1 again, but it runs perfectly. So i didnt install it again. Just deinstalled the old Drivers for AMD and ATI and Installed the MB, CPU and Graphics Driver.

At other games i never had Problems like this (WoW, The Crew, TESO).

Greets

Edited by MadC4t, 19 December 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#4 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

part of what would help is more ram if you can... I have 16 gig of ram, and my fps floats anywhere between 60 and 80 in most places... the odd time it drops to 40... when it's bad serverside though it can drop to 5...

#5 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 19 December 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

part of what would help is more ram if you can... I have 16 gig of ram, and my fps floats anywhere between 60 and 80 in most places... the odd time it drops to 40... when it's bad serverside though it can drop to 5...

Why should i buy/install more RAM if MWO Needs not very much?
RAM is never over 4GB in use... And i have 8GB.

Edited by MadC4t, 19 December 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#6 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

When you go from an AMD CPU to an Intel CPU, you should -always- reinstall your operating system. If you keep MWO on a separate drive, you should run the repair tool. Obviously, if it's on the same drive as the OS you'll be reinstalling the game completely.

Also, OVERCLOCK. Not overclocking a K-series Intel chip is practically a crime, that's what it's meant for! There are plenty of guides on the internet about how far you should be able to take that chip.

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 19 December 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

There is only speculation with no actual results yet showing MWO needing more than 2GB of RAM, mainly because the 64-bit client just got released as a test version in the latest patch yesterday. I played MWO just fine with my 2600K and GTX 660 TI with only 8GB of RAM and got way better performance than OP. My 2600K was at 4.4GhZ and my 660 TI was a factory OCed card with no extra OC on top of it. RAM is almost definitely not the answer here.

#7 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 19 December 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

When you go from an AMD CPU to an Intel CPU, you should -always- reinstall your operating system. If you keep MWO on a separate drive, you should run the repair tool. Obviously, if it's on the same drive as the OS you'll be reinstalling the game completely.

Also, OVERCLOCK. Not overclocking a K-series Intel chip is practically a crime, that's what it's meant for! There are plenty of guides on the internet about how far you should be able to take that chip.

Dont Panic :P
Not necessary to OC my cpu at the Moment.

Mhm,i will deinstall MWO this evening and install it again.
If this doesnt work, i will reinstall Win 8.1 tonight.

Thanks for the tip ;)

#8 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

My Haswell-E chip is at 4.1GhZ and I still saw dips (running a GTX 980, too). To get the best experience you can with this game, you will need to OC that CPU. That's not even a debate anymore. Well, with the 32-bit client anyway. With the 64-bit client, we don't have any real testing data. It's on my to-do list.

There is also speculation that turning AA off in-game and forcing AA using the Nvidia control panel will perform better. You could give that a try once you reinstall everything to see if it helps any. I haven't tested it yet myself.

#9 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 19 December 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

My Haswell-E chip is at 4.1GhZ and I still saw dips (running a GTX 980, too). To get the best experience you can with this game, you will need to OC that CPU. That's not even a debate anymore. Well, with the 32-bit client anyway. With the 64-bit client, we don't have any real testing data. It's on my to-do list.

There is also speculation that turning AA off in-game and forcing AA using the Nvidia control panel will perform better. You could give that a try once you reinstall everything to see if it helps any. I haven't tested it yet myself.

I will test it with the 64-bit Client tonight. ;)
Hope this will work better. Cause it will take to many time to save the Data from my PC and install all the programms i Need again :mellow: :(

#10 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

The machine I play MWO on is my sound engineering rig, so trust me when I say I know that pain. I have to completely redo my audio routing every time I reinstall (which luckily is about every 2 years) along with installing 3 different audio suites weighing in at several hundred GB. It's a full day's task. What you don't want, though is for windows to behave in subtly odd ways by still having some remnant of an old system hanging around. It is better to start fresh.

Once everything is back up and running, OC your chip. You will not be sorry as long as you have a decent heatsink and cooling. You should be able to get anywhere from 4.2-4.8GhZ depending on how well you can cool the chip. My 2600K topped out at 5.05GhZ with an H50, and after I got done with my benchmarking I ran it at 4.4GhZ for 2 1/2 years.

#11 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

are ALL Settings on Max/High? if so, try lowering Particles and Shadows to Low and check performance then:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-explanations/
Quoted by Goose:

Off the top of my head;
  • Textures are about RAM on your card; If you see a fps issue with textures, you need to set the user.cfg string for VRAM, and if it's stll a problem get a new card; Medium seems to take up about 800MB
  • Post Processing at very high loses it's bang-for-buck: Leave it at meerly high
  • Shading in MWO is called Quality in any other CryEngine game, and seems to speak striclty about GPU load, at about 10 percentage points a pop on a GTX 680: turning this down is how you upon up budget for effects like Ambant Occulation, which, IIRC, are in
  • Environment in MWO is the combonation of Water, Volumictic Effects, and CryEngine Shading: This slider is one of the CPU Sesitve, but it's bang-for-buck is a point of debate (moves the CPU little, zero reduction in image quality/ immersion as you turn it down)
  • Shadows pounds the CPU greatly: Never set higher then medium
  • Paricals is Pure Evil to a CPU: never set higher then medium
  • Object Detail eats RAM on the card, uses CPU cycles via an unspecified thread, and is really important to how the game looks, and thus is the setting you will work to keep higher
I'll fix this post somethime after I have a pot of coffee or so …

Look: Threads in Hardware where I post is pretty much what you are looking for; head to my profile, search for content there, and keep an eye out for the thread title.

Another thing you can try is disabling Hyper Threading.

Edited by Lord Letto, 19 December 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#12 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostJesus DIED for me, on 19 December 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

I noticed slight improvement when I went to 64 bit MWO but I have a low performance with GTX 970 on an AMD system, however, here is where the kicker is--I had GTX 465 (overclocked) before I switched to GTX 970 and GTX 465 outperformed GTX 970 (both cards' video settings set at minimum and MWO set at minimum and "off" everything) by giving consistent 50 fps while GTX 970 is struggling way below that and is very erratic. GTX 465 gave me a CONSISTENT 50 fps--I want to stress that. I was very disappointed by GTX 970's performance. It's probably a bad brew of new Maxwell architecture/features and drivers and MWO and Cryengine relic idiosynrocities.

You're the only player I've seen with that issue. I run a GTX 980 and have had zero performance issues since I installed it. I'm certain it's something system-specific. I mean, like 100% certain. I can't remember if you ever posted all of your hardware specs or not, though.

#13 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ga: How much coffee have I had since I wrote that? :wacko:

sys_MaxFPS = 60
cl_fov = 79
d3d10_TripleBuffering = 1
d3d11_TripleBuffering = 1
d3d9_TripleBuffering = 1
sys_budget_videomem = 2048
belongs in you user.cfg; You're gon'a want to mix'n match the fps limit with v-sync being on or off, in both the client and driver. Then you might want to try a sys_MaxFPS = 58 with all those combos, too …

Edited by Goose, 21 December 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#14 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hello :)

I have reinstalled MWO and tryed the 64-Bit Version...
Waste of time.If i logged in and go to Settings and put all on Maximum, click save aaaaaand.... Client broke down and is closed.
So i had to start the repair tool, reset the config and try it again... Nope.

So 64-Bit Client doesnt work with my System (however...)

32-Bit works without any Problems.
I have:
-Particles on LOW
-V-Sync ON
-Anti-Alising OFF
-All Other at MAXIMUM
-Window Modus
-1600 x 1050

Invasion Modus ICE MAP:
between 30 - 59 FPS (more yellow than green :blink: )
A Little micro stuttering is always there (if i drop from the Ship my fps goes to 33 down and Needs a few seconds to go back to round 40.)

INVASION Yellow MAP:
30 - 45 at the beta gate the fps is round 35....

but i think the fps is a Little bit better since the reinstallation ;) :D

next i try to modify my userconfig ;)

Edited by MadC4t, 22 December 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#15 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

you shouldn't need to modify your user config. I run a GTX 770 and my frames are constant 60 fps (some dips to 45ish in intense fights). I run particles and shadows at low, everything else at high 1920x1080.

#16 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostVxheous, on 22 December 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

you shouldn't need to modify your user config. I run a GTX 770 and my frames are constant 60 fps (some dips to 45ish in intense fights). I run particles and shadows at low, everything else at high 1920x1080.

can you give me a list about your Settings?
(which do you have at LOW, which at MAX etc)

#17 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostMadC4t, on 22 December 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

Hello :)

I have reinstalled MWO and tryed the 64-Bit Version...
Waste of time.If i logged in and go to Settings and put all on Maximum, click save aaaaaand.... Client broke down and is closed.
So i had to start the repair tool, reset the config and try it again... Nope.

So 64-Bit Client doesnt work with my System (however...)

32-Bit works without any Problems.
I have:
-Particles on LOW
-V-Sync ON
-Anti-Alising OFF
-All Other at MAXIMUM
-Window Modus
-1600 x 1050

Invasion Modus ICE MAP:
between 30 - 59 FPS (more yellow than green :blink: )
A Little micro stuttering is always there (if i drop from the Ship my fps goes to 33 down and Needs a few seconds to go back to round 40.)

INVASION Yellow MAP:
30 - 45 at the beta gate the fps is round 35....

but i think the fps is a Little bit better since the reinstallation ;) :D

next i try to modify my userconfig ;)

you are using a 64 bit system?

Overclocking that chip above 4Ghz is a pretty much must.

And this is a fresh OS install?

#18 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 22 December 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

you are using a 64 bit system?

Overclocking that chip above 4Ghz is a pretty much must.

And this is a fresh OS install?

nope, 64-Bit Client doesnt work.
32 Bit runs good.

The CPU runs at all 4 cores at 3,8Ghz

Edited by MadC4t, 22 December 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#19 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

What he means is that the system needs to be manually overclocked to at least 4GhZ. 3.9GhZ is the -turbo- for that chip, and turbo does not mean that all 4 cores always go to 3.9GhZ. Further, if you set a manual overclock of only 3.8GhZ, that would be holding you back just as much. Like I said above, 4.2GhZ should be a very easily attainable overclock on that chip, and it can likely go much higher (I think the -average- OC on it is about 4.4-4.5).

#20 Kyrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

Maybe you could try modifying your setting instead of using the pre-made setting.
I hope It works for you to.
Basic video setting the I use are:

Motion Blur :off
V-sync : off
Damage glow: on

Advance setting:
Effect: Low
Object Detail: High
Particle: Low
Post-Processing: Low
Shading: Low
Shadow:Low
Texturing: High (Strange thing is if I put it a medium or low I lose FPS... go figure)
Environment: Medium
Anti-Aliasing: Msaa (bit lower fps that Postaa but it give a more stable fps)

And I also removed the glass with this line in the user.cfg

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users