6 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

In a previous post I mentioned that we have dropships now. But what about the crew.

At present time I could imagine that we all got the bottom rung of crews serving our individual dropships, and then a skeleton crew at that.

So here is the proposal for this new feature.

Under the CW Faction Tab we have a Dropship tab as part of the CW left hand column of features. In this the initial page is an external picture of the dropship. From here we can work with the crew.

The crew starts out as a skeleton crew, Captain, Navigator, Dropmaster, Communications Officer, Gunnery Captain. None of these individuals has any loyalty to the player or even a hint of experiance.

1. Step One. Select a name from a given pre-determined list for each of these NPC's (Non-Player Character).
2. You may buy out the Crewman's contract (C-Bills).
3. You may purchase new Crewmen for C-BIlls or MC

Step Two. None of the crew has any training. As you play a match, XP is awarded to a pool of points for the dropship based upon how many Loyalty Points you earn in a match. From there you allocate individual XP awards to the crew. Each crewman has 10 ranks or Levels that then can be unlocked or purchased with said XP

Inspired. As a bonus, you can take up to 100,000 XP from a Mech you own (a one time even), adding this to the crew which "bleeds out" from the 100,000 XP pool equal to Dropship XP gained as determined by your gameplay.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

They are meaningless

Posted Image

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

I only posted part of my idea as a whole. You don't think I'd serve you the entire cake at once do you. lol.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 19 December 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

I only posted part of my idea as a whole. You don't think I'd serve you the entire cake at once do you. lol.

but as long as dropships have no purpose than dropping mechs and we do not own them, their existence is pointless.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

It is a sad but true fact. PGI plans on logistics, but the dropships themselves are actually 'owned' by the faction rather than individuals.

There was a time when the Mercs were going to be separate from factions in CW, in which mercs can take on smaller contracts and so on, where mercs would ultimately have a somewhat more in-depth hardcore experience (and leaving the faction-specific stuff for the softer-core pugs and 'faction units' so that the meta tryhards won't be dominating it like they are now).

An idea like this might fit with that. But I suspect there won't be such a time here. Keep the idea though, compare it with Star Citizen (as you might be able to have something that'll improve how SC is doing it). But for now I don't think we'll get something this in-depth in MWO... and I don't think PGI would handle it too well even if they tried.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in hearing the rest.

#6 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

In my "CW Objective change" post Dropships become more viable as a weapon, as the orbital gun generator destruction is not the END GAME, but instead a VERY viable tactical objective. Once the orbital gun is cleared, Drop ships can now strafe the base and defenders in an attempt to achieve the end game of destroying all defenders.

In that case upgrading drop ships becomes more viable, they could even have abilities and unlocks.

#7 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

That Sick Nick, is the idea in it's final form. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users