- - - - -

Please Recommend A Module

22 replies to this topic

#1 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

So my preferred role is scouting/spotting in light mechs and I guess sniper or backstabber as a secondary role. I have Jenners, Spiders and Commandos and am Eliting my last Locust.

I've worked my way up to 6 million CBills and I'm wondering about my next module purchase. At the moment I have Capture Accelerator, Advanced Sensor Range, Advanced Target Decay. Which would you recommend to get next and why? I'm considering Radar Deprivation, Target Info Gathering or Shock Absorbance.

Thanks!

#2 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

Radar derp is the singly most important module in the game. The next is wallhack aka seismic sensor but it is not that important in CW.

#3 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

Radar dePRivation module need if ypu mech is not ECM capable. Advanced zoom good for snipers.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Radar dep.

#5 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

Since you're a light mech pilot, based on what you've listed, I'd recommend Radar Derp too. As soon as you're out of LOS, missiles lose their lock. Do you find yourself being LRMed to death, then, Radar Derp is for you.

Since most light pilots run around like their hair's on fire, Seismic wouldn't do much for you. You have to be standing still for it to work. Rank 1 give you a 180m radius and rank 2 is 250m.

Personally, I use Target Info Gathering a lot. I like seeing my enemies weak points where their armor might be gone. I'm a brawler, so it comes in handy in one on one confrontations.

Jody

#6 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

If you do any amount of sniping, then you want to get advanced zoom as soon as possible. If you are close range then radar decay, seismic, or 360 retention are you friends (even though 360 retention should not require a damn module. Radar doesn't stop working based on vision or it would be pretty useless).

#7 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

If you run Narc on any mechs, Enhanced Narc is worth it, but limited to your mechs with Narc...

#8 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

In fact, Radar Deprivation is so essential that I would not be surprised if it gets tweaked a bit at some point. All that means to me is that I'm not going hog wild buying multiple copies.

For lights without JJs, Hill Climb can provide a nice boost. Shock Absorbance is less interesting since PGI changed how fall damage is applied to different weight classes.

#9 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Radar Dep is superior. However, you mentioned backstabbing. For this I would recommend target info gathering. Let's you see the weak spots so you can do the most damage. With light mechs you want to get in and out fast, so the ability to switch between targets on the run and have quicker access to shot up parts of the enemy is really nice to have.

As for advanced zoom - not a bad choice if all you do is snipe with gauss, but with ER LL or ER PPC it is better to get withing 700m and forget the advanced zoom.

#10 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

I would advise taking Seismic Sensor.

There are times where it is prudent to stop as a light and not go full throttle and it's good to keep around for other mechs besides lights to know if you are turning a corner to one or more enemy mechs.

#11 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Radar Dep.

#12 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Radar Derp ( I just like saying that way) and Seismic are my 2 favorite modules. Even for lights. The seismic comes in handy before you round that corner or crest that hill, to stop for just a second to see if any seismic activity. Same with running to a point to pop a UAV. Take a quick look at the seismic to see if they really are all hiding around that point before you launch the UAV module.

Not only will the Radar Derp break missile locks, but it also beeps at you anytime anyone gets a target lock on you. Good to know that someone has you in visual lock range.

#13 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

By preference, I always use Radar Deprivation (unless ECM) and Seismic Sensor. The only exception is for my missile boats, which require advanced sensor range and target decay.

PS: it's important to note that Radar Deprivation does not make missiles lose lock as soon as you are out of line of sight, exactly. What it does is remove the base target lock decay time; the reason this distinction is important is that Advanced Target Decay becomes even more important to missile boats, as opposed to being useless. =)

#14 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Since you're a light mech pilot, based on what you've listed, I'd recommend Radar Derp too. As soon as you're out of LOS, missiles lose their lock. Do you find yourself being LRMed to death, then, Radar Derp is for you.

Since most light pilots run around like their hair's on fire, Seismic wouldn't do much for you. You have to be standing still for it to work. Rank 1 give you a 180m radius and rank 2 is 250m.

Personally, I use Target Info Gathering a lot. I like seeing my enemies weak points where their armor might be gone. I'm a brawler, so it comes in handy in one on one confrontations.

Jody

I saw that video of Michael Jackson when his hair caught fire.. Quite accurate I must say! XD

#15 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

Only other thing I'd recommend besides Radar Dep would be weapon cooldown modules for your lights with cooldown bonuses.

Since you like backstabbing, bumping your ROF a bit could come in handy.

#16 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Enhanced zoom, the rest is just a micro % boost that means nothing against an alpha from whatever is fotm.

#17 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Radar Deprivation is essential.

#18 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

Radar deprivation, seismic, target info gathering. In that order. Radar derp will make you near immune to LRM's as a light, seismic will let you know what you're getting yourself into, and target info will make your targets drop that much faster.

#19 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

+1 for Radar derp

#20 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

Radar derp is an absolute must, especially for a light pilot. Shock absorbance for lights with no JJ is a luxury module which is really nice on the commando so you can run off things and take less damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users