403 replies to this topic

#41 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

If the pilots are equal, then in a straight up brawl or a long range duel typically the clans will win.

Clan mechs pack more firepower and better range. Just the way it is. IS gets better autocannons, but they are not game changers especially given how slow their projectiles are (and therefore less effective for aimed fire past 800m).

Given all of that, IS can win, but you have to be coordinated and you have to not suck. If you suck you'll never win. I've outbrawled clanners, but it was always because we were better coordinated (they were PuGing) or they made a mistake or on rare occasions we just had pilots that were that much better than they were.

On the whole though, the clans ARE better. And they're supposed to be.

#42 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

There are a number of factors that come into play.
1. Which group is attacking/defending.
2. More importantly which map are the units on.
3. Random small groups of people vs full unit groups.
4. Predictability.
5. Newer players/ older players

#43 Sp4rtan

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

Clan mech = easy mode (pilot skills < mech)
IS mech = challenge (pilot skills > mech)

#44 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostSp4rtan, on 06 January 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I'm sorry Spartan but you're full of utter bullshit, so much so it's coming out of your nose. Can you honestly look at the all the quirks the IS mechs have? their better LRMs? their cool running laser boats and their pin point cannons and tell me That The hot running clan mechs with only an extended range in attack (But slower firing) are better?

You must be one of those Terribad pilots who thinks that you can rush in and rambo the enemy like they are the non aggressive AI in MW 2.

The perked n perked to hell IS mechs can do everything better than any of the Clan Mechs right now. Their lights are faster and more vicious when it comes to weapon load out. The Boom Jagers can out dakka and out core Boom Wolves, The PPC/ER PPC boats from the IS are far better to the terrible super hot splash damage er ppcs of the clans, And if a Mad Dog.. a dedicated LRM, goes up against AMS, they are a hell of a lot more screwed than the IS Catapult while using the same amount of tubes just from how the Missiles behave.

The reason clans are stomping a mud hole in your ass is because generally we are all on a team speak and we work together to fill the weaknesses of our mechs and act as a team. Instead of just rushing in with a Hunch back and getting a 5 on 1.

It is really the other way around from what you said, but if you where not such a cry hard and tried something different like sticking together and moving in in force, than you'd suck less.

Like I said.. my battles have been going 50/50 and it is all about how the enemy team reacts in tactics to your team. Not if they are clan or IS.

A good pilot will kick ass in what ever they have, I.E. the Majority of Clan players who have a higher ELO then IS. A bad player will cry and piss about balance and easy mode even if they have the "better" set up.

All you whining brats remind me of all the 9 year olds who cry if they don't get the riot shield in Call of Duty.

#45 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

Having played on both sides of the conflict, it really irks me when Clan players complain about the Thunderbolt ER PPCs.

WIthout the TDR-9S, the IS teams would not really stand a chance, since it is truly the only weapon that can punish at long range other than dual gauss (ammo limited, easy to crit) and ER LL (still inferior in damage at range vs. Clan ER LLs, so IS loses in extended trading). Both Gauss and PPCs are high risk, high reward weapons at range vs. hitscan Clan ER LL and ER MLs, which have great range and damage/ton (not to mention Clan DHS are 2 slots, so you can boat more heat sinks).

Consider that you, in a Clan Mech, don't stand still when you fight at range. You would likely dodge 50% of these ER PPC shots by staying in motion and you can constantly fire back with hit scan and put your lasers on target at least 50% of the time, hence you are making good trades because of the range at which you can hit and your alpha power. Hitscan weapons are also a lot easier to select WHERE you hit on a Mech (use Adv. Zoom, it really helps!). If you cannot achieve this, then it means you are either not using the correct dpi on your mouse for fine tune aiming (I drop it down to below 500dpi when zoomed in, 250dpi in Adv. Zoom) or you are just not very good at using hitscan weapons and need more practice holding on your target.

Clans have the superior range, more viable ECM options (Hellbringers are amazing), anti-light tech (Streaks) and combo of speed/toughness (Clan XL with built-in CASE vs IS XL and no CASE). Overall, the Clan tech is superior than IS tech, but it relies on player skill to get the most out of Clan weapons (such as the streaming UACs, which also reward aiming skills).

The IS quirks helped level the playing field, but only if players know how to make the best use of them in a build AND have the skills to hit their targets. I have heard some Clan players say that a lot of people pick up the TDR-9S and can't hit their target if their lives depended on it.

Edited by Karpundir, 06 January 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#46 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 06 January 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Having played on both sides of the conflict, it really irks me when Clan players complain about the Thunderbolt ER PPCs.

Clans have the superior range, more viable ECM options (Hellbringers are amazing), anti-light tech (Streaks) and combo of speed/toughness (Clan XL with built-in CASE vs IS XL and no CASE). Overall, the Clan tech is superior than IS tech, but it relies on player skill to get the most out of Clan weapons (such as the streaming UACs, which also reward aiming skills).

The IS quirks helped level the playing field, but only if players know how to make the best use of them in a build AND have the skills to hit their targets. I have heard some Clan players say that a lot of people pick up the TDR-9S and can't hit their target if their lives depended on it.

Clans ahve better range but that's it. our lasers burn longer, meaning we have to keep on target longer, we can't fire them as fast. And i'm sorry, but i'll take Inner sphere ppcs over the clan trash that his hot as hell. can't be fired more then twice with out having to not shoot ANYTHING to wait to cool down.. and spreads its damage all around so it does not take out armor plates.

Plus the simple fact that there are several of us who are getting our asses kicked by IS mechs.. and *gasp* its cause they are 8 to 12 man teams with team work!

The Clan mechs are not even close to what they are suppose to be and IS mechs are more "Omni" then the Omni Mechs.. yet other then wanting PGI to pull their head out of their ass and make an actual mechwarrior game, when I lose, I clam it is against better team work or i made a mistake, because it is.. not "Omgawd, IS so OP.. halp nerf plz"

#47 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

Sorry, I also play both sides and clan mechs are superior. I am sure my tbr will beat an Atlas ddc or crab in an even match up. Also, saying a 2 Atlas/crab 2 Locust deck is "bad" is just spin to mislead new players. IS mechs in the medium and heavy class are just not as good as clan mechs.
That being said, in a close up brawl, I don't want to face an Atlas ddc or crab...and a ecm locust or spider or raven can cause a lot of trouble with an artillery strike or back shot.

Edited by MechregSurn, 23 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

#48 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Please check out this thread

http://mwomercs.com/...-vomit-so-much/

You can see where the Clan mechs are just as powerful as the IS mechs, and with greater speed. I know no one likes thinking that their mechs are just better than someone else's, but you can't argue the numbers.

If anyone thinks they can prove UltimatiumX's numbers or conclusions wrong, please do. But don't just keep saying that the Clans are weaker than IS mechs when he can show that the best IS mechs, with all their quirks, are still weaker than their Clan counterparts.

But just saying "Clans win because we are more organized and better pilots" leaves no room for a real debate. Show your numbers in the above thread. Make your case there and prove it. I don't mind being wrong, and I am sure UltimatiumX doesn't either.

#49 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

Clan mech = easy mode (pilot skills &lt; mech)
IS mech = challenge (pilot skills &gt; mech)

It is the other way around, Clan mechs are less maneuverable and require far greater heat management skills.

#50 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 23 January 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

It is the other way around, Clan mechs are less maneuverable and require far greater heat management skills.

the Stormcrow is not super maneuvarable, and very easy to kill... yeah right. I also see them Timbers having trouble maneuvering ... hahaha

Also when it comes to tonnage efficency, clanners are up front... just check the top tier lists. Even with IS quirked better than Clan. The list of tier 1 mechs is dominated by clan mechs.
Plus for crying out loud, clanner will be getting quirks very soon. And I don't believe they will negative.

Problem on the IS defending against Clanners, as said before, are tons of useless builds. Needless to say, mostly Pugs, that wont listen to orders either.
I have also experienced stupid commanders that put out orders which are counterproductive to winning the match. For example on a "counter attack" this commander made the team (behind on kills) hold useless territory for minutes into the game. I tried to explain that we need to be ahead on kills and take down Omega to win, but neither he nor the team would listen. So it endend up after roughly 15 minutes into the game having IS 12:30 Clan. Next order rush in kill Omega!
WTF? Conclusion of the commander after the match: "Next time bring more LRMS!"

#51 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

Well, I'd say the above statement is true if we only look at the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow, and to a smaller degree at the Dire Wolf. All the other Clan'Omnis need a certain degree of skill to make them work.
But the IS has yet to get 'Mechs that can go 1v1 with a TW or SC in their respective weightclasses.

#52 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

What?

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 24 February 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#53 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

Balance is actually very good right now. This game should not be balanced based on the performance of the handful of comp-players who are more skilled at min-maxing than the majority of players. We will see a situation like in World of Warcraft, where classes were ruined because they were balanced based on Arena performance, which had negative effects in the other 99% of the game.

Nerf the Clans and the comp-players will go back to IS mechs and then everyone will be crying to Nerf IS mechs.

#54 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostcRaZy8or5e, on 05 January 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

If the pilots are equal, then in a straight up brawl or a long range duel typically the clans will win.

No, all skill being equal, assuming that the IS mech is in a standard engine mech and that both pilots are aiming for the CT...in a brawl the advantage goes to Inner Sphere due to cooler weapons and better sustained fire.

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 January 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Their lights are faster and more vicious when it comes to weapon load out.

True...which is why you don't see many clan lights in CW...you see Stormcrows.

The Boom Jagers can out dakka and out core Boom Wolves

I thought we were talking "all skill being equal." There's isn't a valid BoomJager build on the planet that runs a STD engine. A Direwolf aiming for a side torso will EASILY core out that Jager first.

The PPC/ER PPC boats from the IS are far better to the terrible super hot splash damage er ppcs of the clans

Yes and no...with the 9S toned down, I'd give them the edge on larger targets (specifically with the projection speed) but if you can hit a light mech anywhere with a Clan ERPPC you're going to destroy that side torso...which runs an XL 100% of the time. So, I'll give this on ea 50/50/

And if a Mad Dog.. a dedicated LRM, goes up against AMS, they are a hell of a lot more screwed than the IS Catapult while using the same amount of tubes just from how the Missiles behave.

This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that the IS LRMs are trash weapons you rarely see in CW.

#55 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 24 February 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yes and no...with the 9S toned down, I'd give them the edge on larger targets (specifically with the projection speed) but if you can hit a light mech anywhere with a Clan ERPPC you're going to destroy that side torso...which runs an XL 100% of the time. So, I'll give this on ea 50/50/

The thunder broke is even WORSE now, now they are using LL's that are insta hit and can take off limbs effortlessly in one alpha. Sure the PPC Rain was bad, not now you're just screwed going against them. And clan PPCs still run to damn hot.

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 25 February 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#56 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

The thunder broke is even WORSE now, now they are using LL's that are insta hit and can take off limbs effortlessly in one alpha. Sure the PPC Rain was bad, not now you're just screwed going against them. And clan PPCs still run to damn hot.

Friend, it sounds like you're really bad and also really salty. Have you considered Getting Good?

'Oh no my heavy mechs are as fast as inner sphere mediums and have better armament and comparable durability when compared to inner sphere assault mechs, woe is me' - a dead, dumb clanner

#57 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

Clan mechs just better. Everyone know this. It is reason that competitive leagues place limit on number of clan mechs that can be brought to battle. Otherwise, would be all clan mechs, maybe few firestarters.

You think is bad now? Wait for Arctic Cheetah. Almost firepower of firestarter, but with ECM. Very balance.

#58 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

Imo Clan mechs are just better for the most part, a 10 v 12 match would be pretty balanced.
Attacking a planet is much easier than defending a planet.(IS actually has an advantage in the primary attack mode, not counter)
But the most important factor is teamwork and tactics, totally OP.

#59 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Posthopterque, on 25 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Friend, it sounds like you're really bad and also really salty. Have you considered Getting Good?

'Oh no my heavy mechs are as fast as inner sphere mediums and have better armament and comparable durability when compared to inner sphere assault mechs, woe is me' - a dead, dumb clanner

yeah, the heavy mechs are as fast as IS mediums, and can not brawl, or snipe like the IS can, nor use missiles like the IS can. I'm playing both sides at the moment with another account and let me tell you what.. you people who clame the TimberWolf and StormCrow are easy mode don't know crap.

There are STILL only three mechs worth using clan side but even then, they keep taking away any advantage we would have.

IS had missiles, PPCs and Cannons, Clans had Lasers, ..now.. clans have nothing.

#60 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostBinbo Gami, on 25 February 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Imo Clan mechs are just better for the most part, a 10 v 12 match would be pretty balanced.
Attacking a planet is much easier than defending a planet.(IS actually has an advantage in the primary attack mode, not counter)
But the most important factor is teamwork and tactics, totally OP.

I will agree with you that Teamwork generally is OP, but have you seen the terror that is a IS light mech rush in Counter Attack? ..Clans can't do that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users