Inner Sphere Against Clan (Cw)

403 replies to this topic

#81 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm just gonna get a report going as you are obviously just a troll who wants to cause even more discord in the Forums and poison the well some more, and a terrible one at that.

i'm sorry you didn't learn how to put up with people disagreeing with you on the internet during your time in the marine corps without filing a superfluous report, you boot

#82 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostRichter B., on 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

You'd think someone that had been halfway around the world in a combat tour would have a little thicker skin.

Again, Just stating that the Thunder Bolt is still broken and that they are eating away at any advantage Clans have for those people who whine and cry about Clan mechs OP and refuse to join a group because "reasons"

#83 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

IS Drop decks will increase by 10 tons for better balance in CW.

For those who want to have a more competitive IS drop deck: http://metamechs.com/

The builds aren't all optimal but at least you will have an idea of what you should be looking for.

For all the talk about whose LRMs are better... Watch Twitch for all the competitive teams and see how they use their LRMs...
Spoiler Alert: THEY DON'T USE ANY

#84 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostFractis Zero, on 25 February 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

For all the talk about whose LRMs are better... Watch Twitch for all the competitive teams and see how they use their LRMs...
Spoiler Alert: THEY DON'T USE ANY

That is because LRM are trash for noobs.

#85 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

It should be legal to leg people in pug games when they say "please hold locks," because you know they aren't leaving the DZ anyways.

#86 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 25 February 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

It should be legal to leg people in pug games when they say "please hold locks," because you know they aren't leaving the DZ anyways.

I think you'll find that all crime is legal.

#87 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostRichter B., on 25 February 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I think you'll find that all crime is legal.

Crime is P2W. Need lots of money and you can do anything.

*scurries off to found a central bank*

#88 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Again, Just stating that the Thunder Bolt is still broken and that they are eating away at any advantage Clans have

Why is it such a crime that the IS has mechs that can stand up to Clan mechs? Thats fun, thats fair. I'd rather that the Thunderbolt be comparable to the Timber than just have the Timber outright better.

A video game based on a tabletop franchise doesn't have to adhere to the tabletop's rules and mechanics. Just take a look at Space Hulk

#89 Binbo Gami

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I will agree with you that Teamwork generally is OP, but have you seen the terror that is a IS light mech rush in Counter Attack? ..Clans can't do that.

Is lights are definately much better atm than clan lights, for the other 3 classes clan mechs win the day easily.
Not that there is a problem with that, I prefer clan mechs being superior but balancing it out in other ways.
The light Rush is really only op in 1 out of the 3 cw modes and not impossible to defend against with the right mechs (janken ftw).
I've been in more than 1 drop where a light rush has been chewed up, still it is easier for the clans to defend against it than IS vs IS.

#90 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostTaisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky, on 25 February 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Why is it such a crime that the IS has mechs that can stand up to Clan mechs? Thats fun, thats fair. I'd rather that the Thunderbolt be comparable to the Timber than just have the Timber outright better.

A video game based on a tabletop franchise doesn't have to adhere to the tabletop's rules and mechanics. Just take a look at Space Hulk

I never said it IS a crime, IS mechs and the like are indeed fairly balanced against the clan counter parts, Most of the fails I've seen from the IS side is when they have no team work. Team work means everything. If you have people leaving their assaults behind, running up as lone lights and meds, of course they're gonna get their ass whooped, It happens on both sides. I can't tell you HOW many times i've face palmed as someone went to Rambo off in a Timber Wolf or a Dire on our team.

The problem is that the current requirks of the IS give then a decided advantage against the only thing clans had left, Lasers. (any clan mech pilot would crap them selves when faced with a close up brawl with SRMs or ACs against a IS. IS just does it better.. and that is fine)

again, The thunderbolt was never meant to be an amazing mech, it was a reservist cheapy that was used by worlds not able to get better. If you want to balance a mech to the level of a Timber.. well lets do that.. or better yet.. GIVE US SOME FREAKEN MARAUDERS! (kicks PGI's dev chair a bit at that) but the Thunderbolt being able to sheer arms clean off of a mech in an alpha with no heat to speak of.. well come on.. even Sarna says "One downside to the Thunderbolt though is poor heat management." (first paragraph, forth line of text, near the end)

They're cheep, easy to get, easy to build, and if you focus fire on targets, you can chew through ANYthing.

I'm not saying nerf them to the ground, but when you can drop a 3 mech deck of them, can 12 man them, and can use them on Boreal (SnOmaha Beach) with impunity.. there is a problem.

There is an amazing strategy now for the IS to use, rush with lights.. then layer on three waves of T Bolts.. yeah.. little counter to that if the team has ANY team work. (Voip for the win though. glad they added it)

I don't want an easy fight, I love hard good solid fights. down to the wire and last two mechs standing will have me excited as hell. But this? This isn't it. This just means Clanners get picked off at range while unable to do anything while they wait to die because they have nothing they can do.

Like i said before, I would be totally fine if it worked like Table Top, Clans "OP as hell" (no really.. clans where broke as ferk in TT), but having to do 8 man drops of 2 mechs each against 36 or 48 IS.

What also bothers me is how people STILL ***** about clan mechs being OP. We only have three good mechs to use. but instead of people saying "buff the other clan mechs to make them usable" people cry about "Nerf them into the ground" .. ooh but for IS it is "buff them to use them more" Hypocrasy at its finest

The basic point of it is.. Thunderbolt needs more tweaks, Unused clan mechs need more buffs, IS REALLY needs some proper mechs, some in cannon GOOD mechs.. buffed to be more of a threat.

View PostBinbo Gami, on 25 February 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Is lights are definately much better atm than clan lights, for the other 3 classes clan mechs win the day easily.
Not that there is a problem with that, I prefer clan mechs being superior but balancing it out in other ways.
The light Rush is really only op in 1 out of the 3 cw modes and not impossible to defend against with the right mechs (janken ftw).
I've been in more than 1 drop where a light rush has been chewed up, still it is easier for the clans to defend against it than IS vs IS.

You have never heard any Clan pilot suddenly come face to face with an atlas or a King Crab have you? It doesn't end pretty for the person in AC20 range of The Crab. again..not saying that is bad.. I love the crab as it is, but yeah.

#91 SaltedGround

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have only seen Clan pre-made teams, and almost exclusively Jade Falcon. every time they lose maybe 5 mechs and wipe the floor with everything we can throw at them. Organized or not.

In my opinion it is purely due to Alpha-Strike damage. no center or side torso can stand up to the kind of damage a clan mech can dish out with in so little crit.space and weight expenditure. C-ER Med that do as much dmg as a IS LL and C-ER LL that do as much dmg as a IS PPC but have no time-to-target delay of a PPC? no medium or smaller mech can take that when the average Mad Dog or Timber Wolf is mounting 2 MLs and 2 LLs. they don't even need secondary weapons.

so far only 'ghost heat' has been the attempt to nurf this, but if you can kill a mech in 1 or 2 A-strikes then back off, 'ghost heat' means nothing to you.

#92 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

i'm sorry you didn't learn how to put up with people disagreeing with you on the internet during your time in the marine corps without filing a superfluous report, you boot

Tell me friend how does it feel to win at both life and the internet simutaneously? It must be sublime, congrats good sir.

#93 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:20 AM

How to win at CW:

IS - bring coordinated, optimized mechs. Use teamwork and comms. Use the map to your advantage effectively.
Clan - bring any Clan mechs. Work together loosely. Win.

Yeah, it's more complicated than that...but not much. The win ratio definitely isn't 50/50 for CW, and if you read closely even the Clan players are saying that.

In short, the game ran for two years teaching IS players how to play...and then CW invalidated most of that. Correct, CW is completely different, and your bullshart XL giantcannon lurmslurm builds are not useful. Unfortunately, CW adds nothing to the game that we hoped it would, and you can still ignore it for the solo queue where you will probably do better.

Maybe in another year CW will have some serious flavor. Until then it's kind of just four matches strung into one 30 minute timer.

#94 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostVermaxx, on 27 February 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Yeah, it's more complicated than that...but not much. The win ratio definitely isn't 50/50 for CW, and if you read closely even the Clan players are saying that.

The best players aren't definitely split 50/50 either ;-) And if you read closely even Clan players are saying that!

#95 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostSaltedGround, on 26 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have only seen Clan pre-made teams, and almost exclusively Jade Falcon. every time they lose maybe 5 mechs and wipe the floor with everything we can throw at them. Organized or not.

In my opinion it is purely due to Alpha-Strike damage. no center or side torso can stand up to the kind of damage a clan mech can dish out with in so little crit.space and weight expenditure. C-ER Med that do as much dmg as a IS LL and C-ER LL that do as much dmg as a IS PPC but have no time-to-target delay of a PPC? no medium or smaller mech can take that when the average Mad Dog or Timber Wolf is mounting 2 MLs and 2 LLs. they don't even need secondary weapons.

so far only 'ghost heat' has been the attempt to nurf this, but if you can kill a mech in 1 or 2 A-strikes then back off, 'ghost heat' means nothing to you.

What game are YOU playing? You DO know that clan lasers burn a lot longer than IS and a clanner has to stay exposed and on target a lot longer for that laser to do a full burn worth of damage right? Saying that a Timber Wolf or a MadDog is good with just two C ML and two C LL and no secondaries is laughable at best. If a Mad Dog is making kills on you, it is only because it managed to sneak in and see you already wounded or you just got in the wrong position.

Lord all mighty, I can't tell you how many times I've been in a a mad dog and suddenly just had my entire side and half my fire power gone just cause i screwed up and didn't stay hidden or earned an IS pilots attention.. Clans just can't do insta damage pin point to one area of a mech like IS mechs can.

#96 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

Second CW match I played, beat a Clan premade. First match was PUGs against Marik premade, PUGs won easy. Haven't played many CW matches since then.

#97 Biggest Salami

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostTiguriusX, on 23 December 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

If you aren't a drop commander (usually the good ones are from units who got practice coordinating previously) then shut your ego in a box and follow orders.

This isn't like the solo queue where you are chasing kills and stats. If you don't work towards team objectives you will lose.

Sometimes you have to be the bait and get shot. Sometimes you get the boring job of guarding the gate where no action is to make sure nobody sneaks through.

Thems the breaks. Your goal in a CW drop is to win the ultimate objective (defend or destroy OMEGA). Your high score kill or damage is meaningless

If you get this...you have a chance

This is not the problem. The problem is that, in 75% of PUG CW matches, no one is giving orders. In the remaining 22% of matches someone is giving haphazard or bad orders, or two people are giving contradictory bad orders, and in the last few 3% of matches you've lucked into dropping in a team with someone who is tactically/strategically proficient and willing to micromanage 11 other random people.

Good leaders and tacticians don't grow on trees. You can't just put any random person in the leader spot--watching IS PUGs stomp a Clan premade 12-man group shows that. Just because someone is giving orders, and others are listening, doesn't guarantee a win. The orders have to be good and strategically/tactically sound.

Myself and other PUGs are often perfectly willing to follow orders. It does us no good if there's not a good commander to direct us.

Edited by Biggest Salami, 28 February 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#98 loserking1986

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

quite off topic but:

View PostTasker, on 25 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

That is because LRM are trash for noobs.

LRMs are a proper battletech weapon system.
If it sucks, it just means it's not balanced well.

#99 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

View Postloserking1986, on 06 March 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

quite off topic but:

LRMs are a proper battletech weapon system.
If it sucks, it just means it's not balanced well.

Don't bother quoting or debating Tasker or An Anime Princess, They are simply here to troll and have ..at least from what I've seen of their posts on record.. never actually said anything of value to a discussion.

#100 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 March 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Don't bother quoting or debating Tasker or An Anime Princess, They are simply here to troll and have ..at least from what I've seen of their posts on record.. never actually said anything of value to a discussion.

well, that's not really true. They did say 'LRMs are trash for noobs' which is pretty valuable to people who don't want to be noobs. Although I guess that excludes you

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users