ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 October 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

No, they don't - but there isn't a heavy with MASC, so...

And the Crossbow... well, the prime has all but 2 missile hardpoints.

alpha is fun though.

But part of it is my "home brew" jury rig one of my MW characters ran. Ran 4 streak4s, with a clan ER LArge in the CT. Was a solid performer.

#9222 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

For a Heavy, this is what I want. Redundancy or not. Effective or not. I don´t care.

If CGL can circumvent the unseen nonsense, why not PGI?
(But please forget about the angular contraptions that are the Project Pheonix Marauders.)

Posted Image

Edited by Molossian Dog, 03 October 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#9223 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 October 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

pretty sure it was never claimed to be mechpacks only? I know the NGNG chat stream talked about it a lot, but while avoiding hard dates, pretty sure Russ did imply monthly mechs would return,but also referenced the Pack Model (which we have had in conjunction WITH free releases) as a revenue maker that needed to exist, too.

I should probably go back and listen again, but my impression was that Russ said they would not be doing them monthly anymore, as that was an IGP plan and mech packs were far more effective from a development standpoint.

#9224 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

Light:
Russ called the mech chosen here a "Slam Dunk", so there will be no poll.

????

Medium:
Another "Slam Dunk" mech, in Russ's own words, so no poll.

????

Heavy:
Grasshopper

OR

Black Knight

Russ mentioned that Alex is doing the artwork on BOTH, so if we get one now, we may get the other later.

Assault:

Zeus

OR
Cyclops

A hard choice for me because I have been waiting for the Zeus since this game was first announced. Although I am leaning towards the Cyclops because it would create more pressure to take another look at the Command Console and Information Warfare as a whole.

#9225 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

View Postphalanx, on 03 October 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Assault:
Zeus
OR
Cyclops

A hard choice for me because I have been waiting for the Zeus since this game was first announced. Although I am leaning towards the Cyclops because it would create more pressure to take another look at the Command Console and Information Warfare as a whole.

The poll for this had the Zeus win.

#9226 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Thinking out loud, unless they like secrets and have MASC working...Possibly Flea? Maybe Wolfhound for a light.
Also with the Vulture out (this is wishful thinking) that's our baseline for making a working BW. Though the timeline is off...unless they do its prototype variant instead.

-ST

#9227 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Listened to the townhall but didn't really got the Urbie being announced part : :wacko:

Regardless, I think IS/Clan mech packs in the future is the way to go.

More power to the Grasshopper!

#9228 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostCimarb, on 03 October 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

The poll for this had the Zeus win.

By less than 0.5%. In a poll with over 2,500 respondents that is well within the margin of error. I do prefer the Zeus, but will be happy with either.

#9229 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

So... The "slam dunks" for light and mediums. What do people think? I mean, the Urbie _could_ be the light as it does have a cult following who have been asking for it since day one (and they know it's never gonna stop until they put it in the game), but the medium? What insanely popular medium native to the timeline is there that's not a Harmony Gold mech? I mean, if the HGs were an option I'd put my money on the Phoenix Hawk in a heartbeat, but other than that one... I dunno.

#9230 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 03 October 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

By less than 0.5%. In a poll with over 2,500 respondents that is well within the margin of error. I do prefer the Zeus, but will be happy with either.

Very true, but I highly doubt the polls even matter, regardless. They just use them as teaser posts to gauge our interest. At most, they are working on both and just have not dedicated one before the other yet.

I will likely not pilot either of them, as they are IS mechs, but I would still like to see them in the game.

#9231 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 03 October 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

So... The "slam dunks" for light and mediums. What do people think? I mean, the Urbie _could_ be the light as it does have a cult following who have been asking for it since day one (and they know it's never gonna stop until they put it in the game), but the medium? What insanely popular medium native to the timeline is there that's not a Harmony Gold mech? I mean, if the HGs were an option I'd put my money on the Phoenix Hawk in a heartbeat, but other than that one... I dunno.

The most obvious slam dunk medium is the Crab. I have no idea what could be considered a slam dunk light. Best guess = Panther?

#9232 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

Actually, when he was talking on town hall about the Mechs, he said the Mech Pack, and if you buy the top tier it could be like a bonus mech as well (I'll have to listen through 3 hours to find it). So maybe the poll is denoting which Mech is the one you buy and which one is the Gift (i.e. like the Mad Dog).

As for which Medium, I was skimming Sarna and I couldn't figure it out either unless we go to at least 3052/3.

-ST

#9233 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

Light -- Urbanmech, Wolfhound, Panther
Medium -- Hatchetman, Enforcer
Heavy -- Champion, Guillotine
Assault -- ?

#9234 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

View Postcdlord, on 03 October 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Light -- Urbanmech, Wolfhound, Panther
Medium -- Hatchetman, Enforcer
Heavy -- Champion, Guillotine
Assault -- ?

I honestly do not see the Hatchetman being included. It is far too focused on the hatchet, and they have stated quite clearly that melee combat is not even close to being on the table, currently.

#9235 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostCimarb, on 03 October 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I honestly do not see the Hatchetman being included. It is far too focused on the hatchet, and they have stated quite clearly that melee combat is not even close to being on the table, currently.

I have to agree with this, unfortunately. As much as I might want to put a Thunderbolt's fist through the cockpit of a filthy, dirty clanmech that's not going to happen any time soon, and that pretty much rules out both the Hatchetman and the Axman, as well as the Berzerker and the Nightsky in the future from the 3055 TRO

#9236 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostHoax415, on 03 October 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

The most obvious slam dunk medium is the Crab. I have no idea what could be considered a slam dunk light. Best guess = Panther?

No, no...

#9237 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

It could be based solely off people's opinions on the forums. I for one think that Urban will be second only to the Locust as worst mech in the game...and even that's debatable.

#9238 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostCimarb, on 03 October 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

There's been a lot of discussion by fans and we've stated we'd take it without melee, but with the hatchet just for looks. :)

#9239 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

View Postphalanx, on 03 October 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Heavy:
Grasshopper

OR

Black Knight

Russ mentioned that Alex is doing the artwork on BOTH, so if we get one now, we may get the other later.

I missed that part. Was it in this Town Hall Meeting?

View Postcdlord, on 03 October 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

There's been a lot of discussion by fans and we've stated we'd take it without melee, but with the hatchet just for looks. :)

Now that would be embarrassing...

#9240 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 October 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I missed that part. Was it in this Town Hall Meeting?

Now that would be embarrassing...

No more worse than the Centurion shield....... Heck, remove the hatchet or integrate it in such a way that it is a design part of the arm but not functional.... IDK....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users