36 replies to this topic

#1 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:16 AM

Posted Image

The Cohort is a group of tight-knit gamers who strive to be competitive in any game we play. We're a multi-gaming US based community that has played many different FPS/MMORPG games over the past 8 years. We're looking to pick up a few mech pilots who strive to learn this game and be competitive in their mechs. The goal of any game is to have fun, but who honestly has fun while losing? Our goal is to be able to field highly effective lances and 12 man teams for community warfare and regular match.

The Cohort is a mercenary unit and will remain as such. This means that we will swap factions as needed depending on many different variables.

What can we offer to give you purpose in this game?

1. Nightly lance / 12 man drops.

2. Organization – We enjoy working together, and believe organization along with individual still is the key to success.

3. Training – In The Cohort we believe in teaching and training to be one of the most effective ways to help others learn the game. One does not need have a high skill level to join our group, only the ability and desire to learn and be competitive.

4. Great Atmosphere within the group - Many of us have been playing for years together. We strive for our members to be a name, not a number. We don't over recruit. We look for potential recruits that will fit in and play with us for years to come.

Do you think you found a purpose in us? See our requirements to see if you fit in with us:

1. Must be 18 or older. We're a mature gaming community that does not have time to deal with immaturity.

2. Communication is imperative! Must have a working microphone and teamspeak 3. (Note: Teamspeak 3 is required when playing the game.)

3. Must be team oriented—that means being able to follow orders as well as help give them and support them.

4. Thick skin – If you can't take a joke and/or get upset easily, this is not the group for you.

If you found your purpose in us and meet our requirements, please proceed to contact me in game, reply to this post or send a PM on the forums. Hell, you can even jump onto our Teamspeak server and say hi.

The best way to get in contact with us and try us out will be to jump onto our teamspeak server and introduce yourself. once on teamspeak you will be able to group up, do some drops and see what you think.

Teamspeak IP: t304.darkstarLLC.com:10076
Password: cohortstrong

Contacts in game :
Salous

Posted Image

Edited by Salous, 19 January 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#2 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Bump

#3 TiggyB

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

Bump for the cohort.

#4 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

If you're interested in joining or learning more about us, come jump onto our Teamspeak 3 server and do a few matches with us.

#5 Varuuu

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Cookies are delicious and good, just like the Cohort <3

#6 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostVaruuu, on 23 December 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Cookies are delicious and good, just like the Cohort <3

Might wanna watch it with the cookies Varuuu, you're starting to get a little pudgy.

#7 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Merry Christmas from The Cohort!

#8 Willbaron

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

Please join us if you want to have fun and blow up stuff!!

#9 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Welcome to all our new members!

#10 Downf411

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Bumping for great justice! Get your mechs and let's go break some bots. Come join us.

#11 Hedronite

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

If you're looking for a smart and reliable crew, with experienced key members who can help you up your game, then this is the place to be. If you ALSO have a sense of humor, then we might actually like you too.

#12 Varuuu

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

HAPPYNEWYEARS

#13 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Happy new years!

#14 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Need something to do this weekend? Come jump on our TS server and join a lance!

#15 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

Welcome to our 4 newest members who joined this week!

#16 nOObwitadOOb

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Some things need to be said and since I was banned from Cohort chat, I guess I will say it here. Think of this as a free bump from me to Cohort...hey even bad press get you seen right? This is in response to the great leader of Cohort Salous. I have been with Cohort for longer then you have, if you try to say differently, then just ask Dragonmere, the original person who recruited me back when I played Guns of Icarus before you even existed as a cohort.

With that said...you wanted all of us to follow you to MechWarrior so we did and because you were playing for sometime already, you got quickly bored of it and while still leading us on In MechWarrior you logged on less and less until after about a month or so you had the idea to play Planetside 2. All that while im trying to get better in MechWarrior so I can become an asset to the unit. You speak of training? I received non from you. I pretty much learned on my own while you were in PS2. remember how you used to tell me how sh*tty of a pilot I was? yea I guess anyone who had only 2 days of playing a game could be considered sh*tty.

So here goes Salous, off on another game for over 6-8 months not logging on to mechs in all that time. Meanwhile I am getting better and making lots of friends and in the end hooked up with a bunch of cool guys who I have played with on a consistent basis over the 8 month Hiatus of Salous. Now just last week, out of the blue I get a message from you ingame to come back to Cohort because you got bored again. At the time I was with BP(Blood Pearls). You gave me 2 days to make up my mind to leave BP and join Cox. So last night you asked me if I made up my mind? I said since the new year, with parties and covering co-workers, I would give you my answer the next day. Well I guess you made the decision for me and instantly banned me from Cohort TS and while you weren't ingame and I was playing with my friends in Cohort at the time, you logged in, got the group leader Cephros to add you and then told cephros to kick me from the group which he did with no hesitation...thnx cephros.

You then re-removed me from your friends list..yea re-removed because I noticed, even before giving you my answer, you had already de-friended me. I played with you off and on for 2 years and this is how you treat me, like I am a nobody. well this is a forewarning to all who wants to be a Cohort. Cohort is a great unit, the guys there are awesome and fun to play with. Salous is a very experienced pilot and has great battle tactics, maneuvers and strats to offer new recruits...but the thing HE cannot offer is true friendship. When he gets bored of MechWarrior, and he will, you will be asked to follow him to the next game. you will never be able to seriously compete in any game as a Cohort because he keeps thinning the herd through many games. He has no loyalty to people, just to Cohort the name. So if you want this to be your norm, then join COx.

To the other members of Cohort, you can join with me any time, any day in a game or 50. I will miss our friendships on Cohort TS. Have fun and good luck! your bro,

nOObwitadOOb

#17 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostnOObwitadOOb, on 05 January 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Some things need to be said and since I was banned from Cohort chat, I guess I will say it here. Think of this as a free bump from me to Cohort...hey even bad press get you seen right? This is in response to the great leader of Cohort Salous. I have been with Cohort for longer then you have, if you try to say differently, then just ask Dragonmere, the original person who recruited me back when I played Guns of Icarus before you even existed as a cohort.

With that said...you wanted all of us to follow you to MechWarrior so we did and because you were playing for sometime already, you got quickly bored of it and while still leading us on In MechWarrior you logged on less and less until after about a month or so you had the idea to play Planetside 2. All that while im trying to get better in MechWarrior so I can become an asset to the unit. You speak of training? I received non from you. I pretty much learned on my own while you were in PS2. remember how you used to tell me how sh*tty of a pilot I was? yea I guess anyone who had only 2 days of playing a game could be considered sh*tty.

So here goes Salous, off on another game for over 6-8 months not logging on to mechs in all that time. Meanwhile I am getting better and making lots of friends and in the end hooked up with a bunch of cool guys who I have played with on a consistent basis over the 8 month Hiatus of Salous. Now just last week, out of the blue I get a message from you ingame to come back to Cohort because you got bored again. At the time I was with BP(Blood Pearls). You gave me 2 days to make up my mind to leave BP and join Cox. So last night you asked me if I made up my mind? I said since the new year, with parties and covering co-workers, I would give you my answer the next day. Well I guess you made the decision for me and instantly banned me from Cohort TS and while you weren't ingame and I was playing with my friends in Cohort at the time, you logged in, got the group leader Cephros to add you and then told cephros to kick me from the group which he did with no hesitation...thnx cephros.

You then re-removed me from your friends list..yea re-removed because I noticed, even before giving you my answer, you had already de-friended me. I played with you off and on for 2 years and this is how you treat me, like I am a nobody. well this is a forewarning to all who wants to be a Cohort. Cohort is a great unit, the guys there are awesome and fun to play with. Salous is a very experienced pilot and has great battle tactics, maneuvers and strats to offer new recruits...but the thing HE cannot offer is true friendship. When he gets bored of MechWarrior, and he will, you will be asked to follow him to the next game. you will never be able to seriously compete in any game as a Cohort because he keeps thinning the herd through many games. He has no loyalty to people, just to Cohort the name. So if you want this to be your norm, then join COx.

To the other members of Cohort, you can join with me any time, any day in a game or 50. I will miss our friendships on Cohort TS. Have fun and good luck! your bro,

nOObwitadOOb

I understand you might be mad, but there is no need for the wall of text or your uninformed thoughts. Seeing that you don't understand what happened, ill try and fill you in...

First of, being in the Cohort longer than me? LOL ... I created The Cohort in 2008 in a game called Planetside 1. You were recruited into The Cohort as an auxiliary member in a game called Guns of Icarus by Dragonmere, who was an officer after I recruited him and started The Cohort chapter in Guns of Icarus.

The Cohort does not accept members who play in other clans/guilds. Once we came back into the game, you were notified, as were all former auxiliary members who played Mechwarrior Online with us. You were asked to come back and join us full time. You decided to join on an alt account. At that point I spoke with you on teamspeak and reminded you that our members are expected to be loyal to the guild and not play as a member of another guild. You said that you were not sure if you wanted to leave the other guild. At this time you were told that you had 3 days to decide on staying with your new guild, or returning to The Cohort. Over a week goes by, you're asked if you had made a decision, you said you have not.

You either want to be apart of The Cohort, or you don't. During the week which you were given to decide, you logged on and played Mechwarrior. During that week you were not seen on teamspeak nor in group with us Cohort members. Your actions made the decision for you.

Have fun playing with your new guild.

#18 Varuuu

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Noob, I love you, but Sal is right. Those are the rules and apply to even high level people in the outfit (Including me D:). As for the whole Dragonmere thing, he was recruited by Salous after I got Sal to play Guns of Icarus (I'm still astonished I got him to play that game lol).

Sal created The Cohort in 07 and I'm pretty much the oldest active member aside from Sal himself and Warpath.

Anywhoo, it's sad to see you go, but as the TR say, Loyalty until death (or Russia invades us and removes the Internet)

PS: I think you're a little miss-informed about some thingies.

Edited by Varuuu, 05 January 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#19 nOObwitadOOb

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

and ill miss you to Varuu..that's my point..why cut me off completely? I can see kicking me out, but no affiliation at all? not even as a friend on a game? kinda harsh treatment I think. I apologize for misrepresenting the membership seniority. I was unaware that part of the rules included total cut off and sever of all ties to friendships made. Anyways take care guys and be well.

#20 Salous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users