- - - - -

How Many People Play Mwo?

26 replies to this topic

#1 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

I've always wondered; does anyone know the answer to this question?

Simple question. Simple answer.

I am curious as to how many ACTIVE players there are (that play daily), and how many PASSIVE players there are that play weekly.

#2 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

They don't ever put that info out...

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

Can't say for certain, but I can tell you that currently on the bottom of the main forum page (which only tells you who's looking at hat specific page), there are 408 members and 899 guests. Of course, this isn't including those on other pages and is only those on the website.

In game, you can start to get a sense of how many (but it's not exact there either) by looking at the planets in CW. They now have planet player counts on it, telling you how many people are on that planet. Of course, you can only see player counts of planets you can attack/defend, so that isn't even showing you everyone. Then you have to include an unspecified number of players in the solo/group queue...

AKA: No one knows the exact number but PGI. As far as daily and weekly players... That's going to be even more of a mystery.

#4 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Post100mile, on 20 December 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

They don't ever put that info out...

For good reason, the same reason people don't walk around and say "Hi, my name is X and my genitals as Y big."

Edited by Shatterpoint, 20 December 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Weird definition of passive players.

#6 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

Indeed. I asked this once and got a **** *** answer "Oh they already did a thing like that. Isn't gunna happen again."

#7 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Link to forum: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#8 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

From the recent town hall we know that the population isn't big enough to support some proposed CW feature ideas presented by the community.

#9 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 20 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

From the recent town hall we know that the population isn't big enough to support some proposed CW feature ideas presented by the community.

That doesn't matter, they only need enough people for 2 equal teams to ***** to fight each other with a few on the forums to whine and defent against the casuals/noobs/non-hardcores..or whatever you want to call them this week. Everyone know's those 2 teams will never ever miss a match, get tired of the game or its bullshit balance/mechanics and leave requiring other people to take the place.
It's not like new blood will ever be required while the tiny crowd is inbreeding in their new perfect world.

#10 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Based on our watch-list, forum posters (being an apparently small portion of the population) and some other tidbits they've let slip around here, I'd guess somewhere in the lower 10's of thousands. 20k-ish total perhaps?

#11 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 20 December 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

For good reason, the same reason people don't walk around and say "Hi, my name is X and my genitals as Y big."

Wasn't b******g about it...understand perfectly why they don't...and don't care as long as we have a game to play...:)

View PostShatterpoint, on 20 December 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

That doesn't matter, they only need enough people for 2 equal teams to ***** to fight each other with a few on the forums to whine and defent against the casuals/noobs/non-hardcores..or whatever you want to call them this week. Everyone know's those 2 teams will never ever miss a match, get tired of the game or its bullshit balance/mechanics and leave requiring other people to take the place.
It's not like new blood will ever be required while the tiny crowd is inbreeding in their new perfect world.

You on the other hand sound like you don't like the game and might wanna move on unless you are one of those that just likes to hear yourself whine...

#12 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 20 December 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Christ on a bike man. Chill out.

#13 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

~3000 are subscribed to the outreachHPG reddit. I think during one town hall Russ said there was about 1000 active players per faction but that could be a false memory.

#14 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

View Post100mile, on 20 December 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Wasn't b******g about it...understand perfectly why they don't...and don't care as long as we have a game to play... :)

You on the other hand sound like you don't like the game and might wanna move on unless you are one of those that just likes to hear yourself whine...

I play my 1-5 matches per day until I'm so sick of incoming missiles spam or idiot pug activity that I go play one of the games I spend money on without feeling bad, I imagine a lot of players are like that despite the several people who actually respond to this post whining otherwise.

Edited by Shatterpoint, 20 December 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#15 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 20 December 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I play my 1-5 matches per day until I'm so sick of incoming missiles spam or idiot pug activity that I go play one of the games I spend money on without feeling bad, I imagine a lot of players are like that despite the several people who actually respond to this post whining otherwise.

Just ask for a complete refund then with a support ticket. This game has problems, that's for certain, but if you absolutely loathe it and you don't think it's going to get any better why keep playing it?

#16 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

It's disposable income much like the early alpha founder crap I'm associated with in this game and many others..I spent my coin/took my chances/ got screwed by early access/ continue to play and whine. It is what it is, I don't need that money back..enough fingers in enough pies that a ban means nothing to me and a bonus income to a competitor game.

#17 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

At the time of this post there is 605,849 members

#18 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 20 December 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's disposable income much like the early alpha founder crap I'm associated with in this game and many others..I spent my coin/took my chances/ got screwed by early access/ continue to play and whine. It is what it is, I don't need that money back..enough fingers in enough pies that a ban means nothing to me and a bonus income to a competitor game.

Your bitterness and willingness to do something you claim to hate fascinates me.

#19 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

I don't know how many are active, but i saw 1 post on pc gamer saying the game reached 1 million registered users on the site....as far as i know people doesn't register i they don't have any sigh of play the game

Edited by Kaoba, 20 December 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#20 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

Back in what I think was either closed beta or early open beta the player count currently online during prime time hours was around 3k. Judging by how aggressively the community has grown since then I'd imagine that 1k active players per faction sounds about right (so in the vein of ~10k)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users