I Spent 160K To Get 160K And I Was A Top Player

19 replies to this topic

#1 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ridiculous. I wait 15 minutes to get a 25 minute game rigged against me that gives me 0 loyalty points and earns me nothing because the only reason the game was remotely close was because of my 2 UAVs and 2 artillery that were necessary to get the clanners away from the doors.

Edited by JimboFBX, 20 December 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

2 uavs... 40k x 2 = 80k
2 arties.. 40k x 2 = 80k

So didn't you spend 160k???

160k spent, 160k received = 0 profit

Top player how????

Edited by Creovex, 20 December 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#3 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

CW is going to be a huge C-bills sink. This is even before they put in dropship costs.

If you want to earn C-bills, play non-CW matches.

#4 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

You're right, 160k. I wrote the the 120k part before thinking about how many consumables I used.

One of the better players on counter attack based on score

#5 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

The solution is simple: stop using crutches.

If your attacking/counter-attacking with pugs against a unit or two it's pointless anyway.

#6 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

Duno, I am making an easy 10-15 mil/day or more.

Stop losing?

#7 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

Just tonight I played my first "1 million game" aka I made 1 million c-bills in one game, and my earnings range from 600k to 950k in any given game. What I'll say to you is, pugging in CW is never good.

EDIT: Added more data

Edited by Bows3r, 20 December 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#8 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'm pugging and gettinbg 300k. its not easy, its sucks a lot fo the time if you hit a 12 man but it is fun. still no where as profitable as public matches because of the wait times however

#9 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

i think, at least while pugging, you have to learn when to stop following the goal. once a game turns 20:5 against my team i just go and do damage, take off components (even shield arms for that matter) and overall just try to get my score up.

then even out of a lost game you can get some cash.

and for the loyalty points. it was my understanding that killing enemies nets LP as well. so unless you leave the match with 0 kills and 0 assists you won't get 0 LP. right?

#10 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationRainbow Tiger, Second Life

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

Joining a unit is not an option for me, so I'm basically being told that my contributions to CW will never be worth anything because I can only solo pug into this?

Thanks, Community! Way to be a community!

A community of elitist jerks.

Edited by Heuvadoches, 21 December 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#11 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

I make more in CW than I do in public matches, but then I drop with a larger groups. 600-900K per match, not to mention all the LP bonuses. Bad matches can be less, but overall, I'm not upset with the pay rate (wouldn't mind it being a bit higher, but not complaining).

I could get more grinding PUG drops, but I'm happy with what I've been doing, and it's less frustrating than PUG Dropping.

#12 tuffy963

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostHeuvadoches, on 21 December 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Joining a unit is not an option for me, so I'm basically being told that my contributions to CW will never be worth anything because I can only solo pug into this?

Thanks, Community! Way to be a community!

A community of elitist jerks.

You just admitted that you are unwilling to join a team, and yet you still want to reap the benefits of being apart of a team.

This community did not invent the concept of teamwork, nor did we make PGI adopt and implement a piece of their game in way that requires teamwork to be successful. Then, why are we the elitist jerks? We are simply relaying the fact that it is working as intended, and many of us believe it is a good and right aspect of the game that is long overdue.

You refuse to consider being part of a team? Enjoy the PUG queue, it was made especially for you. For the rest of us, we relish the opportunity afforded by CW to train, fight, and win together.

Edited by tuffy963, 21 December 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#13 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

Amen tuffy!

Edited by Bows3r, 08 January 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#14 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

CW is described by PGI as a hardcore roleplaying mode, part of playing a proper role is being part of a coordinated team. Armies don't send a bunch of untrained strangers into battle with no command. You may not be aware, but most factions have a community run command structure in place, it's not just a bunch of random merc units doing their own thing.
If you want to drop solo into CW and be filler for the big teams, that's your choice, but CW is designed for the organized "community". Those who drop with a team will make more money in CW than they do in public queue. Solo's will have better odds in public while getting rolled in CW.

#15 Drogra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSLC, Utah

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

I do lots of Solo CW drops, and I constantly pull in 400-600k, with really good games netting 800k+. Even my losses usually net me more then 3 public queue games.

Learn the maps, learn the attack routes and defense strong points, figure out which parts of the maps your Mechs perform the best in, and use the appropriate mech at the appropriate time. Don't take an AC40 Jager to open the gate on Borean, you'll just end up dead before you can do much. Conversely, using that same AC40 Jager to hold against a gate breach on Borean works wonders.

#16 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to Consumable Warrior Online.

#17 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Did you check under the Achievements tab? I believe you get points under the faction loyalty even for a loss. I've lost the 3 I've done but still cleared the first achievement that gave me 50K C-bills (less then 160K but still something). Second one gives 75K

I've gotten the "you were bad" memo at the end of all 3 matches with the 0 loyalty tally on all 3 matches. I take it in stride and try again (when I have time to wait for a match)

#18 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostSnegtag, on 07 January 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Did you check under the Achievements tab? I believe you get points under the faction loyalty even for a loss. I've lost the 3 I've done but still cleared the first achievement that gave me 50K C-bills (less then 160K but still something). Second one gives 75K

I've gotten the "you were bad" memo at the end of all 3 matches with the 0 loyalty tally on all 3 matches. I take it in stride and try again (when I have time to wait for a match)

Yes you get no reward in Loyalty/C-Bills after a loss - BUT you get ingame Loyality Rewards for Killing, assists, etc. (nearly the same as XP split on all 4 mechs ;)

#19 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

160k reward for a CW match and you're the top player in that match? What ELO are you in, cause I want to be there.

View PostJimboFBX, on 20 December 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Ridiculous. I wait 15 minutes to get a 25 minute game rigged against me that gives me 0 loyalty points and earns me nothing because the only reason the game was remotely close was because of my 2 UAVs and 2 artillery that were necessary to get the clanners away from the doors.

#20 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

View Postsenaiboy, on 20 December 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

CW is going to be a huge C-bills sink. This is even before they put in dropship costs.

If you want to earn C-bills, play non-CW matches.

keep in mind repair and rearm is also coming in :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users