Holiday Truce 2014

65 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hello members of House Davion, I am Tyrchon of A.C.E.S. On the behalf of Davion Command, I would like to propose an Inner Sphere wide Holiday-Truce. This truce would be that no organized Units of any faction be on offensive operations from the end of the Ceasefire on December 23rd to the end of the Ceasefire on December 26th. All defensive operations to prevent the Pugs from going out of control would be permitted, but all organized offensive operations would be put on hold during that time. We hope that all major commands and Units would agree to this truce in order to allow their members to spend a few days of the Holiday with their friends and family outside of the game.

If you are willing to consider this Truce please respond here in the Davion forum under the Holiday Truce thread, inform your opponents, and inform your major Units.

Have a Happy Holiday season,

Tyrchon

#2 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

I support this Idea. Will inform the Seraphim about this. We will see what happens :) .

#3 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

Happy Holidays, may you all enjoy the season with friends and family

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!

#4 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

I would support this, but does it apply to Clan aggression too? Or just IS factions?

#5 Kolonel Matt

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

I and my unit will not be supporting this ceasefire and will be dropping on Christmas. While there is the obvious reference to various ceasefires throughout history on Christmas, this somehow reads differently.

This seems like more of a few groups realizing that they will not be able to muster a good showing due to holiday travel and time with the family, and thus no one else in the game universe should be able to undo any of the effort that you guys have put in without you being there. Maybe that's not the case, but that's how my mind is reading it. This is just a game, and it will go on with or without you whether you like it or not. I, and my group, through various circumstances, will have ample time to play on Christmas, and this will not dissuade us.

My group will be fighting on Christmas. See you on the battlefield (or not).

#6 jackal404

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

I'm curious, how did you come to speak for all of us? I don't recall an election being held or you being appointed by PGI.

Since I fully intend to play CW over the holidays, our unit will attack where ever we fell appropriate.

See you on the battlefield or enjoy your holidays.

#7 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostTyrchon, on 20 December 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hello members of House Davion, I am Tyrchon of A.C.E.S. On the behalf of Davion Command, I would like to propose an Inner Sphere wide Holiday-Truce. This truce would be that no organized Units of any faction be on offensive operations from the end of the Ceasefire on December 23rd to the end of the Ceasefire on December 26th. All defensive operations to prevent the Pugs from going out of control would be permitted, but all organized offensive operations would be put on hold during that time. We hope that all major commands and Units would agree to this truce in order to allow their members to spend a few days of the Holiday with their friends and family outside of the game.

If you are willing to consider this Truce please respond here in the Davion forum under the Holiday Truce thread, inform your opponents, and inform your major Units.

Have a Happy Holiday season,

Tyrchon

so you want to ghost skill your way in to as much worlds as possible before your "ceasefire"...

here is a gucci level GG..

Posted Image

#8 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostMycrus, on 20 December 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

so you want to ghost skill your way in to as much worlds as possible before your "ceasefire"...

here is a gucci level GG..

Davion players sign on and see all our worlds have been ghost-walked up to 11, every day. Then we fight actual drops to bring them back down, and we still take worlds.

We don't get ghost drops, and we don't make excuses.

#9 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 20 December 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Davion players sign on and see all our worlds have been ghost-walked up to 11, every day. Then we fight actual drops to bring them back down, and we still take worlds.

We don't get ghost drops, and we don't make excuses.

Posted Image

#10 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

So, we attempt to give everyone a break to be with family straight up, and some of you can only jump to scheming and trash talking? Get a grip guys.

ACES has proposed this idea for a cease fire, but if the general consensus is to be aggressive anyway, get ready to fight us on the field. And for you salty leaguers, keep in mind what happened the last time ACES offered you a break.

#11 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 20 December 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

So, we attempt to give everyone a break to be with family straight up, and some of you can only jump to scheming and trash talking? Get a grip guys.

ACES has proposed this idea for a cease fire, but if the general consensus is to be aggressive anyway, get ready to fight us on the field. And for you salty leaguers, keep in mind what happened the last time ACES offered you a break.

Blah blah blah... I'm off to a resort island for the holidays... You don't see me worried about ghost skilling...

#12 Kolonel Matt

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 20 December 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

If you want to spend time with your family, just do it. Don't ask everyone else to wait around while you're doing so. There need be no consensus. The game is going to do what the game is going to do. There is nothing that will be done in a day that cannot be undone the next. Welcome to the persistant world of Mechwarrior, where the game plays on even if you are not there. And what some people seem to be forgetting is that YOU (relative you, people in general) don't HAVE to be there. Last time I checked, the Federated Suns held St. Ives. If I log on tomorrow morning and it the Confederation has taken it back, it won't be the end of the world. In fact, it just gives us another world to take over.

What it comes down to is, don't expect, or request, that the game stop to fit your (relative your) schedule. If we did something like this at every major observed holiday and every time that a team couldn't get time to get on, the game would never be playable. Should we stop CW at times that those of us in the Americas would be asleep? Or when most of us are at work? This is no different. Take the day off and enjoy some time with your family. We will still be here when you get back.

Note that this isn't meant to be an attack on you personally, but one on the idea that we need to pause our new persistant world when some of us are not available. Just as you would not expect a vehicle you hid in something like DayZ to allways be there when you log back on. The world is always live, even when we are not.

#13 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

I don't think we expect absolutely everyone to stop. In fact, that's precisely why this is only a call to hold on defense. Should two borders see an even spread of leading units backing down, it will be an easy job for us to simply stone wall anyone still trying to attack.
A lot of ACES will still be around for Christmas, I will. If the borders are cold we'll have some fun in the general queue. Feel free to push Marik, I'm sure they'll be happily to roll over those who try too.

#14 Ian Drsaurri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts
  • LocationKentares IV

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

I will do this but remember we have to defend from people who don't see this truce

#15 Tibsen

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

Personally I rather like the idea of a ceasefire for Christmas to allow everyone to spend time with family and loved ones. That being said, I will be ready to drop in the defense of Marik territory if I am needed.

#16 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Man, it's just a game. Take the days off. If the borders get ghost-moved, whatever. If you have time and energy to play, then do.

It's all for fun.

#17 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

We should just recapture the FRR and kick the Clan scum back to their home bases

#18 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 21 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Man, it's just a game. Take the days off. If the borders get ghost-moved, whatever. If you have time and energy to play, then do.

It's all for fun.

I also think it is ridiculous that so many People don't have a Life. Even not on Christmas. ;)

Edited by Joe Decker, 21 December 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#19 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

The PL will be sitting home in St.Ives,....Getting our mechs washed and maxed! Drinks on Us! :D

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

Props for offering the idea. Strange that some people have an issue with it but whatever. Some will play the holidays and some won't. Maybe a few dozen worlds deeper into Marik space and they'll be happier about olive branches. Given that they're losing two a day now that's only a week away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users