Holiday Truce 2014

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hello members of the Draconis Combine, I am Tyrchon of A.C.E.S. On the behalf of Davion, I would like to propose an Inner Sphere wide Holiday-Truce. This truce would be that no organized Units of any faction be on offensive operations from the end of the Ceasefire on December 23rd to the end of the Ceasefire on December 26th. All defensive operations to prevent the Pugs from going out of control would be permitted, but all organized offensive operations would be put on hold during that time. We hope that all major commands and Units would agree to this truce in order to allow their members to spend a few days of the Holiday with their friends and family outside of the game.

If you are willing to consider this Truce please respond in the Davion forum under the Holiday Truce thread, inform your opponents, and inform your major Units.

Have a Happy Holiday season,

Tyrchon

#2 The Mourning Star

• Pip
  • Chu-sa
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

How about simply trying to assign 2-3 planets and saying "If you want to play during ceasefire, please atk/def these specific planets." I know you wont be able to get everyone to go along, but it is another option.

#3 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Happy Holidays, may you all enjoy the season with friends and family

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!

#4 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

No truce. Only death for the Snakes...

Remember Kentares IV!

#5 Father Dougal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

I speak for myself here, not my unit but you can stick this truce up your exhaust pipe.

#6 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Nice try but your mass of Pugs will not hold the truce.
Only chance to keep them busy in PST is to attacking there planets in UST.

#7 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

Sorry Tyrchon, but I doubt any member of the DCMS is going to stand down. We don't have a choice but to fight against our enemies, which are the Clans and the FedCom aggressors. Maybe when you are attackable by five other factions you'll understand.

Besides, there's some planets we need to take back from their occupiers.

#8 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

Regardless of the chest-thumping of a few individuals, the leadership of the organized Davion war effort is on board with the 72 hour window mentioned by OP (ceasefire on the 23rd through ceasefire on the 26th) being marked for defensive operations only.

We understand that no faction - no matter how well organized - can control their pugs, so we will defend our worlds and we would never ask any other faction to leave their worlds completely undefended.

Please take this opportunity to stonewall the invading Clans, and fight on as the Star League in the spirit of unity this holiday season.

#9 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:08 AM

The 3rd Benjamin Irregulars "New Gotham Knights" will observe only the holy day for the armistice. We will only defend against Davion forces on Christmas Day, we will not be participating in dishonorable attacks on this day. Despite unorthodox paint and tactics, we are an honorable unit and I try to make sure my people know to observe this. But we will not grant you the 23rd, 24th, or 26th. The Draconis Combine compels us to serve in whatever way we can always, but this is one House that understands honor. Let us hope that your Federated Suns units can reciprocate.

#10 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

Just thought I'd chime in to let you guys know that the organized loyalist portion of Davion will not be crossing your border for the next 3 days.

That said, Davion space holds several prominent merc units not under our control that will likely be hitting your border, so be ready for the fight. Davion command will not be backing those attackers up, so your numbers may be able to hold.

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 23 December 2014 - 10:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users