Holiday Truce 2014

75 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hello members of the Free Worlds League, I am Tyrchon of A.C.E.S. On the behalf of Davion, I would like to propose an Inner Sphere wide Holiday-Truce. This truce would be that no organized Units of any faction be on offensive operations from the end of the Ceasefire on December 23rd to the end of the Ceasefire on December 26th. All defensive operations to prevent the Pugs from going out of control would be permitted, but all organized offensive operations would be put on hold during that time. We hope that all major commands and Units would agree to this truce in order to allow their members to spend a few days of the Holiday with their friends and family outside of the game.

If you are willing to consider this Truce please respond in the Davion forum under the Holiday Truce thread, inform your opponents, and inform your major Units.

Have a Happy Holiday season,

Tyrchon

Edited by Tyrchon, 20 December 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#2 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

Good Idea. I support this. Let's hope for some more Feedback.

#3 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I do think this is a great plan. I support this.

#4 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Happy Holidays, may you all enjoy the season with friends and family

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

I was completely on board with this when approached with it on twitter earlier today, even conveyed the message to the War Council....

But seeing as you have a Davion pilot who wants to turn our War News section into his personal shitposting thread, I'm not so sure.

#6 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I was completely on board with this when approached with it on twitter earlier today, even conveyed the message to the War Council....

But seeing as you have a Davion pilot who wants to turn our War News section into his personal shitposting thread, I'm not so sure.

Don't call planets hours in advance and my "DENIED" stamp will rest.

#7 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

They can't control their ghost skilling...

#8 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:52 AM

I for one am taking my mech to Christmas midnight service just in case. Too much treachery in yellow for my taste this year. Them pesky rogue units are dangerous.

Btw, you can leave the entire Sarna March in my stocking this year. I'm sure the Panda Underground would appreciate you leaving Asuncion too.

Merry Christmas my esteemed enemy!

#9 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

Eh?

No. Just no.

The way I know Dave we will find several FWL planets have changed hands because "some uncontrollable PUGs" accidentally have taken them 5 minutes before the end of the day in pacific time. And the forums full of Dave trolling.

Playing magnanimous and acting treacherous is what I have come to expect from the Dave.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 21 December 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#10 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Man, when we can get a ceasefire set up, and you can't...

That's rough, buddy.

#11 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Ceasefires are based on trust, as it has been exhibited in the Marik-Liao ceasefire agreement.

Trolling does not endear oneself to others nor does it build trust.

We are playing a war game, that much is understood. But, to slightly polish what Roadbeer has said, when you constantly go to the threads owned by opposing forces to crow and taunt, who WOULD trust you? Who would WANT to trust you?

As the leader of a predominantly Christian unit who has endured the repeated childish trolls of our fatih by the Davions (Popcorn Jesus? Really?), why would we expect you to respect and offer a true accord on Christmas ... honoring One whom you do not acknowledge and openly lampoon? It amounts to the largest and most perverted of trolling attempts.

I just trying to help you see it for what it is.

From a hospital room in Little Rock with very little hope of being home for Christmas, I wish you all well.

Alex...

Edited by Alex Reed, 21 December 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#12 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Could you just leave religion out of this? This is a game forum. I´m sure there are better places to discuss your personal views.

Thank you.

#13 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Molossian,

I did not bring it in ... the Davions did as part of their troll. Just making the case that it continues. Not trying to offend, simply inform.

Alex...

#14 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

Marik, Liao and Kurita have their own share of pilots trolling the Davion boards.

So either youre suggesting it's ok for your pilots, but not for Davion pilots; or you're saying that that you cannot be expected to control the actions of individual pilots and they do not represent your whole community, but Davion can and they do.

Either one is a fairly asinine position to take. The offer made in this thread was made in good faith. Makes me wonder how clean your hands are if you automatically assume treachery of others.

Edited by Harathan, 21 December 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#15 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostHarathan, on 21 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

... Makes me wonder how clean your hands are if you automatically assume treachery of others.

You are on to us! We are planning to backstab people we are openly calling enemies. Even more, we announce it before. Oh how dastardly! I can´t stop twirling my mustache.

And it would have worked if it weren´t for you meddling Daves...

Man, the Dave school of rhetoric is top notch.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 21 December 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#16 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Roadbeer himself is busy trolling the Davion boards, while he moans about Davion pilots doing it here. Hypocrisy much?

Can't help but think there's some egos involved here.

#17 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostHarathan, on 21 December 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Roadbeer himself is busy trolling the Davion boards, while he moans about Davion pilots doing it here. Hypocrisy much?

Can't help but think there's some egos involved here.

#18 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

So we offered to stop fighting over the holidays if everyone else wanted to. You don't, that's cool, we'll roll on through. This has nothing to do with the game. Was just people wanting to see if folks wanted to hold off for that timeframe. Clearly the answer is 'no' so okay. We'll keep doing exactly what we've been doing and stomping with both feet on all of you, at the same time.

We're already winning - against all of you. We don't need any sort of 'tricks'. In any sort of diplomacy we are the only ones with anything to offer - that would be 'not repeatedly beating you'. All you had to offer was 'we'll let you take a break from facerolling us for a few days so we can all relax'.

That's cool though. We'll keep winning. Marik is dropping 2 worlds a day, Kurita is likely going to lose 2-4 a day. Let's see how long you can keep that up.

#19 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

So we offered to stop fighting over the holidays if everyone else wanted to. You don't, that's cool, we'll roll on through. This has nothing to do with the game. Was just people wanting to see if folks wanted to hold off for that timeframe. Clearly the answer is 'no' so okay. We'll keep doing exactly what we've been doing and stomping with both feet on all of you, at the same time.

We're already winning - against all of you. We don't need any sort of 'tricks'. In any sort of diplomacy we are the only ones with anything to offer - that would be 'not repeatedly beating you'. All you had to offer was 'we'll let you take a break from facerolling us for a few days so we can all relax'.

That's cool though. We'll keep winning. Marik is dropping 2 worlds a day, Kurita is likely going to lose 2-4 a day. Let's see how long you can keep that up.

Winning = ghost skilling

Gg

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostMycrus, on 21 December 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Winning = ghost skilling

Gg

If that's what you have to tell yourself that's cool.

I've been dropping almost exclusively marik border the last 24-48 hours. Since the tournament started I've had 35 drops and 4 turret stomps - one was on the FRR border. I can say exactly because the tournament stats. So, three ghost drops in Mariks space over ~30 drops.

Whatever you need to say to help you sleep at night though. What you should be saying is 'Boy, I hope the Clans chew through Kurita space and seriously threaten the Federated Suns before they finish mopping us up' or even 'Huh, I wonder who will take my homeworld - Steiner or Davion? Odds are 50/50".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users