Cw And The Hidden Hope Doctrine

106 replies to this topic

#1 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

We learned the words long ago, while still in the creches. We know it's always been our destiny to return. But why must we race for Terra? No doubt the symbolic capture of mankind's homeworld would reaffirm the superiority of our armies, the purity of our cause.

Pragmatically, taking Terra, despite the political and military theater, is just another planetary invasion. Most of the backward IS freebirths may need Comstar and their knowledge, but we haven't forgotten.

A true and lasting invasion of the Inner Sphere requires capturing the Great House capitals. Why divert resources to a direct route to Terra, when Luthien and Tharkad could be conquered in less time? Next comes Terra, a staging point for the final push into the remaining three capitals. The 5 Great House capitals a new pentagon, the shining jewel of Terra at its center, for a proper second Star League.

Yeah, I know PGI has mentioned we cant take capitols, including Terra, but here we are anyway reveling in RP goodness and competing for Terra. Those of us who care about or find interesting the lore of the BT universe already know how that story plays out. IF the game mechanics/contracts allow, I think the collective Clan CW playerbase should consider getting all JJ Abrams retcon on this ****: let's take over the IS properly. Sunder all five Houses, eliminate ComStar, hit the capitals. We all know what the pie wedge invasion looks like. Let's make a star shape instead. Just a thought.

Edited by bobF, 20 December 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#2 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostbobF, on 20 December 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yeah, I know PGI has mentioned we cant take capitols, including Terra...

So we can not take Rasalhague???

#3 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 December 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

So we can not take Rasalhague???

As far as I know, currently, no. This is supposedly a Beta however, so things may change. Planets don't even have any real value yet. I'm just suggesting a new, alternate universe invasion route, where the clans fanned out and took the house capitols on the way to Terra, and didn't stop.

#4 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostbobF, on 20 December 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

As far as I know, currently, no. This is supposedly a Beta however, so things may change. Planets don't even have any real value yet. I'm just suggesting a new, alternate universe invasion route, where the clans fanned out and took the house capitols on the way to Terra, and didn't stop.

And no Tyyukavid truce? :(

#5 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

This is PvP. Let us conquer the entire IS, then start Trials of Possession for Terra.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

But the Star League was not to destroy the Inner Sphere, but defend it..

#7 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Well, we need to save the IS from itself actually. Hence why I have no problem crushing enemy combatants. Civilians should be left alone and lifted up. To many see clansmen as oppressors

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 21 December 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#8 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ok then let us Liberate the poor Inner Sphere people from the Occupation of the former Star League Worlds ( all of them) by the so called Great Houses..
It is our duty and the wishes of the Great father himself that we return as the shining example of freedom and liberation.

#9 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

We learned the words long ago, while still in the creches. We know it's always been our destiny to return. But why must we race for Terra? No doubt the symbolic capture of mankind's homeworld would reaffirm the superiority of our armies, the purity of our cause.

Pragmatically, taking Terra, despite the political and military theater, is just another planetary invasion. Most of the backward IS freebirths may need Comstar and their knowledge, but we haven't forgotten.

A true and lasting invasion of the Inner Sphere requires capturing the Great House capitals. Why divert resources to a direct route to Terra, when Luthien and Tharkad could be conquered in less time? Next comes Terra, a staging point for the final push into the remaining three capitals. The 5 Great House capitals a new pentagon, the shining jewel of Terra at its center, for a proper second Star League.

Yeah, I know PGI has mentioned we cant take capitols, including Terra, but here we are anyway reveling in RP goodness and competing for Terra. Those of us who care about or find interesting the lore of the BT universe already know how that story plays out. IF the game mechanics/contracts allow, I think the collective Clan CW playerbase should consider getting all JJ Abrams retcon on this ****: let's take over the IS properly. Sunder all five Houses, eliminate ComStar, hit the capitals. We all know what the pie wedge invasion looks like. Let's make a star shape instead. Just a thought.

You know crusader clans would never agree to ignoring Terra

View PostCyclonerM, on 21 December 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Neg, we invade to conquer it not defend it

#10 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

The Star League lives only in the Clans ideals . The Inner Sphere Nobles are not different then Stefan Amaris - Corrupted power hungry slavers - the Crusade must be carry out and must finish with total purge of the nobility in the Inner Sphere - that is the only hope for peace in the Inner Sphere . Our duty as children of The Star League is to take that burden and lead the people in that period .

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

View PostDaneiel, on 21 December 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

The Star League lives only in the Clans ideals . The Inner Sphere Nobles are not different then Stefan Amaris - Corrupted power hungry slavers - the Crusade must be carry out and must finish with total purge of the nobility in the Inner Sphere - that is the only hope for peace in the Inner Sphere . Our duty as children of The Star League is to take that burden and lead the people in that period .

I think this sounds the opposite of what the Exodus was all about: bringing the might of the Star League army far from the Inner Sphere so that it could not engage in a war that would have devastated the Sphere..

#12 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

Just want to point out that the reason the wedge shaped invasion corridor exists in canon is logistical - the Clan homewords are 'north'. If you want to plow through the Fedsuns, CC, or FWL, you're going to have to go ALL THE WAY AROUND the Inner Sphere - a journey that would take years. It already takes a year to get to the current invasion corridor and the Clan homeworlds

#13 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostDeejayM, on 21 December 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Ok then let us Liberate the poor Inner Sphere people from the Occupation of the former Star League Worlds ( all of them) by the so called Great Houses..
It is our duty and the wishes of the Great father himself that we return as the shining example of freedom and liberation.

I agree, our military strength must be used as a force for peace not for conquest. Because if not how this will be any different from another succession war

#14 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

Posted Image

#15 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I thought we were invading the IS for beer and booty.

Edited by Goosfraba, 22 December 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#16 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 22 December 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

I think this sounds the opposite of what the Exodus was all about: bringing the might of the Star League army far from the Inner Sphere so that it could not engage in a war that would have devastated the Sphere..

The Exodus was to avoid involving the SDF into the political games of the Great Houses , at that time many of the warrior in SDF are from planets under the rule of the House Lords and coup of Amaris can repeat its self with the boost of Star league regiments - the house lords can take as hostages the family of a commander and force him to turn his troops to serve them - we saw that with wolf dragoons and Marik , also some warriors in SDF at that time are nobles coming from the great houses also give chance to turn their troops in service of the the Great Houses --> that why general Kerensky decided to gather his soldiers and leave - that is the Exodus . The Great Houses wanted only one thing the throne of Cameron.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

No, we have left the Inner Sphere because we love it too much to see it destroyed. In the wake of the Usurper's coup, and the long, bitter fighting that came with it, I fear that my forces would do incalculable, possibly irreparable, harm to our society. We are sworn to ward the Star League and its subjects, not destroy it.

#18 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Exactly - read between the lines - the House Lords already started the pressure over SDF commanders to support them (before even Amaris death ) - they want their troops and weapons - If SLF are involved in that the blood of the atrocities of the House Lords will be on the hands of these commanders - to save the ideals of the SDF they need to leave - to defend the people of the Inner Sphere you need to rid of the corruption and the corruption are the Nobles , for them the people of the inner sphere are just meat for the grinder - every time when some of them decide to grab something from his opponents billions are dieing - that is the reason for the crusade one war to end all wars.

Edited by Daneiel, 22 December 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostDaneiel, on 22 December 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

that is the reason for the crusade one war to end all wars.

Just like the Crusade against the Usurper, or the Reunification War, or every Succession War..:P

#20 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostDaneiel, on 22 December 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

that is the reason for the crusade one war to end all wars.

It didn't worked back in 1914 and still won't work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users