Cw And The Hidden Hope Doctrine

106 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostbobF, on 20 December 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

but here we are anyway reveling in RP goodness and competing for Terra.

well, there's your problem. As someone who plays a lot of RPGs and video games, if you want RP pick up some paper and dice...especially when the people you're RP'ing as are arrogant ******.

#22 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 22 December 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

well, there's your problem. As someone who plays a lot of RPGs and video games, if you want RP pick up some paper and dice...especially when the people you're RP'ing as are arrogant ******.

Nah I think that one of the best things from CW is that people are starting to RP as Crusaders and Wardens

#23 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

I'm firmly of the opinion that people acting poorly due to RP reasons deserved the be punched in the face. While the ability to punch someone in the face through the internet is something that is wanted by a great many people, it's not likely to become a reality any time soon. As such RP'ers should play PnP RPGs so that should their attitude get out of control, face-punching can occur.

#24 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostKassad86, on 22 December 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

It didn't worked back in 1914 and still won't work

No matter - no one said it will work or not - we will try , our goal is that - its like the warden cause - you claim that you protect the people of inner sphere but you are the first to wage the war there - that means you want to end all wars with one war or i didn't understand it right - maybe it was only grabbing inner sphere planets - in that case the wardens are not different then the the corrupted inner sphere lords and our cause become even more necessary ;) .

P.S. No offense guys just a bit RP .

P.S.S.

View PostShadowbaneX, on 22 December 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

I am sorry mate but i think here is were you are mistaken - we are here because of the RP , if we are not RP that is mean we have very serious problem with our ego and i am not thinking that i am suffering from inferiority complex to come and beat someone to feel better.

Edited by Daneiel, 22 December 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#25 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostDaneiel, on 22 December 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

No matter - no one said it will work or not - we will try , our goal is that - its like the warden cause - you claim that you protect the people of inner sphere but you are the first to wage the war there - that means you want to end all wars with one war or i didn't understand it right - maybe it was only grabbing inner sphere planets - in that case the wardens are not different then the the corrupted inner sphere lords and our cause become even more necessary ;) .

P.S. No offense guys just a bit RP .

War is just another part of human nature, wether is with Mechs, assault rifles or sticks and stones. Denying that is to deny a part of us

PS: RP is cool

#26 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 22 December 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I'm firmly of the opinion that people acting poorly due to RP reasons deserved the be punched in the face. While the ability to punch someone in the face through the internet is something that is wanted by a great many people, it's not likely to become a reality any time soon. As such RP'ers should play PnP RPGs so that should their attitude get out of control, face-punching can occur.

Posted Image

#27 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

Meh, I've noticed that many that like to "RP" tend to use it as an excuse to behave poorly and generally run around calling people trashborn or freeborn scum or similar, but usually worse. *shrug* I'd be much happier if they found a PnP RPG somewhere where they can do that where it's either with like-minded types and, more importantly, where I and others that don't like to see RP'ing in video games (and I'm going to guess are probably in the majority) have to hear it. If that makes me a badass, then so be it. I can bare the burden of that title.

#28 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

I only cite RP because, in the absence of planetary value, leaderboards, bonuses, or any mechanics (thus far) that reward us beyond epeen, lore is the only reason why the Clans are "competing" to reach Terra. So I figured I'd make a post to appeal to Clan leadership at large to go straight for capitals (again, assuming we can path to them). SJ and JF would first hold the honor of sundering two of the major five houses (and two of the most populous player wise) while Wolf and GB secure the corridors to Terra and Davion/Marik/Liao borders. When the houses have been broken, a final Grand Trial of Possession for Terra. After Clans have officially won MWO, PGI can then reset the map.

On the whole, I think RP is some serious neckbearded **********. But, since like many of you grown man-children, BT was one of my first war gaming systems when I was a young lad, and I'm vulnerable to its charm. It shouldn't be used as an excuse to act like a delta bravo, though. There's PLENTY of excuse for that kind of behavior elsewhere, just because it's PvP. I know, some of you don't approve of smack talk on the internet; I personally think that's TFB, and the weaker among us weep for your first world problems. Anyhow, because this is a PvP game, and we Clans are the elite, we should do elite PvP things like disregard lore and directly challenge our enemies. That means making a wedge to the things that matter most to them: capitals and core worlds.

It is a grand, if ambitious, vision.

Edited by bobF, 22 December 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#29 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostbobF, on 22 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Anyhow, because this is a PvP game, and we Clans are the elite, we should do elite PvP things like disregard lore and directly challenge our enemies. That means making a wedge to the things that matter most to them: capitals and core worlds.

Again, well, there's your problem. No one plays clans like the clans are supposed to be played. The extent of their RP is indulging of epeen stroking and then when the game starts just playing as they normally would. PGI needs to implement a system where clans get bonus LP, c-bills, (whatever) for bringing less/bidding away tonnage. Come in with only 200 tons, or even 140, more points.

Also their stupid rules about combat, those should be implemented as well. We know they can track time hit on target, implement something where if they attack someone that's been attacked by a teammate in the past 15-30 seconds they lose LP. Fire LRMs on a target not in line of sight? Lose LP.

Implement Clan rules so they actually play like clans are supposed then I'll have less of a problem with it, rather than it just being an excuse for elitist asshatery.

#30 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

Fellow Clans, just look at the butthurt and bitterness leaking through in the post above. Isn't THAT at least worth it, to see the same from Steiner and Kurita pilots one day, should our advance press their capitals?

Something to think about.

#31 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

que? the what and the where? Biggest misinterpretation of the year goes to...bob.

#32 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

I believe many of you are working for the Word of Blake, with so many contractions in your communications. Or else you have been "contaminated" by your association with us "freebirths".

Care to walk through my garden some more?

(bows)

#33 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

speaking of contaminated, that might be one of the worst usernames I've seen.

#34 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostGoosfraba, on 22 December 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

I thought we were invading the IS for beer and booty.

For me...it is all about the cookies.

#35 QTF3F

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostbobF, on 22 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

I only cite RP because, in the absence of planetary value, leaderboards, bonuses, or any mechanics (thus far) that reward us beyond epeen, lore is the only reason why the Clans are "competing" to reach Terra. So I figured I'd make a post to appeal to Clan leadership at large to go straight for capitals (again, assuming we can path to them). SJ and JF would first hold the honor of sundering two of the major five houses (and two of the most populous player wise) while Wolf and GB secure the corridors to Terra and Davion/Marik/Liao borders. When the houses have been broken, a final Grand Trial of Possession for Terra. After Clans have officially won MWO, PGI can then reset the map.

On the whole, I think RP is some serious neckbearded **********. But, since like many of you grown man-children, BT was one of my first war gaming systems when I was a young lad, and I'm vulnerable to its charm. It shouldn't be used as an excuse to act like a delta bravo, though. There's PLENTY of excuse for that kind of behavior elsewhere, just because it's PvP. I know, some of you don't approve of smack talk on the internet; I personally think that's TFB, and the weaker among us weep for your first world problems. Anyhow, because this is a PvP game, and we Clans are the elite, we should do elite PvP things like disregard lore and directly challenge our enemies. That means making a wedge to the things that matter most to them: capitals and core worlds.

I actually support this for game testing reasons. This is Community Warfare "Beta." I think we should be trying to see how far we can stretch the system and have some fun doing it.

#36 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 22 December 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

Again, well, there's your problem. No one plays clans like the clans are supposed to be played. The extent of their RP is indulging of epeen stroking and then when the game starts just playing as they normally would. PGI needs to implement a system where clans get bonus LP, c-bills, (whatever) for bringing less/bidding away tonnage. Come in with only 200 tons, or even 140, more points.

Also their stupid rules about combat, those should be implemented as well. We know they can track time hit on target, implement something where if they attack someone that's been attacked by a teammate in the past 15-30 seconds they lose LP. Fire LRMs on a target not in line of sight? Lose LP.

Implement Clan rules so they actually play like clans are supposed then I'll have less of a problem with it, rather than it just being an excuse for elitist asshatery.

As an honorable Clansmen who only fights in CQC , I'd love to have these handicaps in place. In Kerensky's name let there be this option.

#37 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 22 December 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

que? the what and the where? Biggest misinterpretation of the year goes to...bob.

And here I was, being polite about your kindergarten level reading comprehension. Like the parts where I say stuff like "I only cite RP because..." etc. So, I just assumed your rant about Clans not being played properly, and mechanics ideas that obviously tie player's hands in terms of PvP, was the result of your core worlds and capital being threatened right now. I then held your butthurt post up high as a shining example to the other Clans what's possible.

It would be a glorious thread.

#38 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostbobF, on 22 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

the result of your core worlds and capital being threatened right now. I then held your butthurt post up high as a shining example to the other Clans what's possible.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*hurts to breathe*

Oh, thanks. I needed that. No, for the record, the reason for the FRR tag is because my unit took a merc contract with them...so, you know, we could actually participate in Community Warfare. You know, play game content? My unit is actually a merc unit. Before this I sported Davion because of one of my PnP RPG campaign characters, not from any desire to RP any crap here in game.

So, yeah, no, my reading comprehension is fine. It's your assumptions that are the reason for the failure to communicate. And thanks again for the laughs.

#39 Silversynch

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

Good thing Interstellar Operations will come with alternate universe eras so our CW work actually matters instead of being tossed aside in favor of the official timeline.
We shall see to the rebirth of the Star League, one way, or another.

Edited by Silversynch, 22 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#40 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

As was previously mentioned, we in fact need to save IS from themselves. They are getting beaten by advancing Clans and yet they find time for war against each other! Two big houses face three smaller ones and all simply leave Rasalhague to be eaten and digested alive. Surely you do not see this behaviour as proper, quineg?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users