#41 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 22 December 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

As was previously mentioned, we in fact need to save IS from themselves. They are getting beaten by advancing Clans and yet they find time for war against each other! Two big houses face three smaller ones and all simply leave Rasalhague to be eaten and digested alive. Surely you do not see this behaviour as proper, quineg?

I thought it was more the case of "the strong live, the weak die", the Clan process of Zellbrigen and the favoured bloodlines tells you this surely, where the Clans have a very Darwinistic social process?

Edited by Noesis, 22 December 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#42 Burnsidhe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

We tried. Recall the Remembrance. Alexander Kerensky led us out of the boiling chaos of greedy inner sphere realms, only to find that it came with us. It was the Revered Nicholas who showed us the true way, and to do it he had to reshape us. Remove our 'inner sphere' loyalties and found our Clans on principles that had nothing to do with the corrupt politics and planetary and cultural loyalties the Star League Defense Force carried with them into exile.

The Star League died with the Cameron bloodline. Let it rest.

#43 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:29 PM

I do love me some lore, but godsdammit, let's invade the ENTIRE Inner Sphere. SJ and JF, you're in the best position to test the pathing, and you have some aggressive and skilled players to pull it off. I would basically abandon FRR to help a deep Lyran or Combine push (sorry Bears, remember: JJ Abrams retcon BT).

Edited by bobF, 23 December 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#44 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostbobF, on 22 December 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

I do love me some lore, but godsdammit, let's invade the ENTIRE Inner Sphere. SJ and JF, you're in the best position to test the pathing, and you have some aggressive and skilled players to pull it off. I would basically abandon FRR to help a deep Lyran or Combine push (sorry Bears, remember: JJ Abrams retcon BT).

After we take Terra. Maybe :ph34r:

I desperately want to see how the invasion and Clan politics play out after an IlClan is declared B)

#45 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostBurnsidhe, on 22 December 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

We tried. Recall the Remembrance. Alexander Kerensky led us out of the boiling chaos of greedy inner sphere realms, only to find that it came with us. It was the Revered Nicholas who showed us the true way, and to do it he had to reshape us. Remove our 'inner sphere' loyalties and found our Clans on principles that had nothing to do with the corrupt politics and planetary and cultural loyalties the Star League Defense Force carried with them into exile.

The Star League died with the Cameron bloodline. Let it rest.

Posted Image
"Too bad buddy, this twisted game needs to be reset. We'll start over from 'Zero' with this V2 and entrust the future to the next generation."

#46 Jeon Ji Yoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostbobF, on 20 December 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

As far as I know, currently, no. This is supposedly a Beta however, so things may change. Planets don't even have any real value yet. I'm just suggesting a new, alternate universe invasion route, where the clans fanned out and took the house capitols on the way to Terra, and didn't stop.

The reason Terra was the goal was that if a Clan were to take Terra it would become IlClan and absorb all other Clans and continue with the invasion. So, therefore, the other parts of the IS would eventually be conquered but only after the Clans decided who was going to be leader lol

#47 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

I'm sure we'll focus on capitals...when they actually become available for attacking. As of now, Rasalhauge's main capital is closed.

#48 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

I envision a day when all 4 clans have cut completely across to the other side of the IS map.

#49 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

But maybe we inner sphere citizens don't want to be "liberated" by totalitarian, militaristic, gene-racist clone warriors.

#50 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 31 December 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

But maybe we inner sphere citizens don't want to be "liberated" by totalitarian, militaristic, gene-racist clone warriors.

Having a House Liao avatar makes that comment so much funny

#51 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 31 December 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

You forgot fascist.

#52 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

I did forget fascist but I am not sure if that technically applies to the Clan government system as I understand it. And even better than Liao - I am a mercenary. I got stuck with their flag while we are under contract to them.

#53 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Meh, close enough.

#54 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostKassad86, on 23 December 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Posted Image
"Too bad buddy, this twisted game needs to be reset. We'll start over from 'Zero' with this V2 and entrust the future to the next generation."

#55 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

So I was playing a few matches today and every single clanner I was playing against seemed to be this guy.

Posted Image

#56 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Clans aren't fascist, mainly because they don't have a currency-based economy, or have a consumer culture. Studied on it's face, the Clan society is actually much more advanced compared to millenia-old feudal, hereditary governments and classic capitalist economic systems. People usually have personal issues with Clans because of the eugenics program and genetic transhumanism. That's really too bad, because the common Clan citizen doesn't ever worry about getting sick or going without.

Brave New World meets the Klingon Empire would be a way better place to live in than a post-modern Dark Ages Europe.

#57 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Clans are an enforced meritocracy
Also, It's funny that the IS talks about freedom and democracy when the Successor States are feudal governments

#58 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostbobF, on 01 January 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Brave New World meets the Klingon Empire would be a way better place to live in than a post-modern Dark Ages Europe.

for only a bare minimum value of "better". That's like saying "if you have to lose 3 limbs, it's better to keep an arm, than a leg". It's true, but it's still horrifying.

#59 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

We have different visions then of "horrifying." As a society, the Clans are an evolution. Some people just think the genetic engineering and eugenics program are scary, based usually on personal belief.

Edited by bobF, 01 January 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#60 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

Evolu...riiiight.

You honestly think that the Clan political system is an improvement? Have you read a Brave New World? You think that's an improvement?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users