Kingcrab Loadout Help.

8 replies to this topic

#1 KaffeeKup

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hi, after buying the 80dollar pack , I have a Kingcrab, played a few games in it and so far my current load out is 4 ac/5s (one in each arm) with 7 1/2 tons of ammo, along with two srm2s with 2tons of ammo. I also have 1.5 tons free.

Currently sitting on around 380k credits. But the firepower doesnt seem to be enough for me, since Im currently used to my JagermechDD which has 3 ac/5s and I use it for pop up attacks, Im wondering should I go 4 ac/5us for the King crab and ditch the srms, or should i do 2 ac/5s, 2 ac/5us and maybe a bigger srm/lrm launcher?

Or maybe someone could suggest a better autocannon loadout.

#2 Arkroma

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

You can do a quad UAC5 loadout, with a LL, and you can still use a STD engine. I use this loadout for CW and public games, Works great with UAC cooldown moudule. SRMs isn't great in a slow mech, plus your ACs are hot enough already.

LRM isn't going to give you the firepower you want, trust me :D

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

LBX/10s + AC/5s backed up with streaks and lasers.
Gauss rifles + AC/2s.
AC/10s + AC/2s.
AC/20 + twin UAC/5.
AC/10 + AC/2 + twin UAC/5
6 MGs + LRM / SRMs + twin LPL (AC/20 = 20 damage per shot. Twin LPL = more range + 21.2 damage with a super short beam time and more range).
Twin AC/20s + twin LPL.
AC/20 + AC/10 + twin LPL +/- missiles.

My current loadout is... Twin Gauss, twin AC/2, twin MG, twin Flamer, twin Streaks.
Twin Gauss is a complete surprise especially at close range. With MGs, flamers and streaks blinding and confusing the enemy (it looks like you are attacking every single body part at once, so they don't know what to protect), the AC/2s will rattle their screen keeping them disoriented (between that and the flamers, some enemies keep firing into the air where I used to be standing). Then comes twin Gauss to open them up. The MGs and flamers crit the crap out of them detonating ammo and destroying weapons/heatsinks. Next thing you know, they are complaining because they don't know how they died.

Even cooler.. My claws don't have to open to fire the exterior mounted MGs. ^_^ PGI listened to that catapult missile door feedback (though they never fixed the Catapult, they didn't let it happen to the King Crab! Yay!)

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 December 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

My current loadout is... Twin Gauss, twin AC/2, twin MG, twin Flamer, twin Streaks.
Twin Gauss is a complete surprise especially at close range. With MGs, flamers and streaks blinding and confusing the enemy (it looks like you are attacking every single body part at once, so they don't know what to protect), the AC/2s will rattle their screen keeping them disoriented (between that and the flamers, some enemies keep firing into the air where I used to be standing). Then comes twin Gauss to open them up. The MGs and flamers crit the crap out of them detonating ammo and destroying weapons/heatsinks. Next thing you know, they are complaining because they don't know how they died.

Okay, you need to smurfy that thing up, because I'm thinking you're either low on ammo, speed, armor...or something. Best I can approximate is something like this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c24bac7f0444bb1

I leery of running an XL in my Crabs, although I have to admit I did it with one build. It does seem like they get cored out more than losing a side.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

Too fast. If you run the speed, they know you have an XL engine and it's a death sentence in group queues.
Slow as I am, everyone believes I've got a standard engine and they try for the CT or spread their fire. Between the lag-inducing flamers, MG confusion, AC/2 shake and Streak shake, I have absolutely no need for speed. I'm slower than a Dire Wolf and deadly enough to take one out head-on. Though thankfully people see the weapons and ignore me over a more obvious target and I have a field day.

#6 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm running twin LBX 10's and quad MG's. 2 PPC's give it a little punch at mid-range, and due to the position of the mounts let me peek out less than I ever dreamed of in an Atlas. Poke a hole in their armor somewhere with the PPC's, and explode them six ways from sunday with everything else. Been thinking about trying LPL instead though. Opinions?

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

LPLs are pretty effective, the KGC's quirks enhance laser range and heat. But PPCs do still get better range and effect.

Also with the addition of MGs... you basically built a King Crab Clan Buster. Two PPCs, two LBX. Just need some SRMs.

#8 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Couldn't quite squeeze them with the heat management I wanted. Maybe when I get the C-bills to burn on DHS, but that's a ways off since I'm saving for CW Stormcrows atm.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

No DHS? Pfft, remove all the energy hardpoints and rock on with missiles instead. SHS will more than satisfy your heat requirements for ACs and missiles.

Latest crab video.

(There's a backlog).

Much later today a CW match from last night is getting loaded up. My first match for Liao, pit against the Davions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users