Lights Need Love Pgi

162 replies to this topic

#1 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

Lights are always the lowest population, they need love. And then mediums after that.

Thank you!

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

Another quirk pass to add in some turn speed bonuses would be great.
That and some leg structure and armor adjustments.

Maybe look at leg hitboxes and make some adjustments, such as the Raven, and Cicada.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

We need more anti hitreg quirks :P hehe

#4 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

Lights don't need anything, the FS is like the best IS mech in the game. They have low population because most people want to play big stompy robots with alot of firepower. I literally have no interest in lights, and never have. Even with them being op, as they have been many times in the past. And they are now, due to lag and having crazy amazing hit boxes.

#5 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

The problem with lights is that the have the highest skill floor to use effectively. If you try to pilot a light the same as you'd pilot most mediums, or a heavy, or an assault, you get wrecked.

And I can't speak for everyone on this, but using a fast light effectively is often mentally exhausting, I can't do it more than 2 or 3 drops in a row. Just so much information to juggle, and you have to do it really fast. Granted, it's also very gratifying to pull off a good game in a Commando or Locust. I've never really had a great game in a Locust, but Commandos, sure. The low end of the weight scale, especially Commandos and Locusts, are like rocket powered bicycles. Fun as all hell, but easy to crash and burn.

#6 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

FS is extremely strong and in general I think IS lights are in a good place. Well, if you are piloting a locust you just need that wheelbarrow...

If any lights need a boost it is clan lights.

#7 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

FS and Spider are broken as far as durability, hitboxes and hit registration. Seriously, they need NO love at all. Couple that with the CW lag monster and you have to have streaks or a lucky shot to kill them.

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostChagatay, on 21 December 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

If any lights need a boost it is clan lights.

They could use speed/mobility perks, like the Summoner got. The only clan light capable of outrunning a Stormcrow is the Myst Lynx, and that thing is brutally unforgiving... Though I haven't pulled my Lynxes out since they got a quirk pass.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

Im finding my FS legs are popping a lot easier than they used too. Im thinking they increased the size when they did the "hit box tweaks" few weeks ago.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 21 December 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#10 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 December 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Im finding my FS legs are popping a lot easier than they used too. Im thinking they increased the size when they did the "hit box tweaks" few weeks ago.

This is a possibility but shooting them from the waste up is like killing a heavy.

#11 parman01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

The only love they need is to remove their terrible lag-shield.

#12 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Lights are a joke now that HSR is registering again. I can kill a light in one pass in one of my heavies now. I see lights dropping like flies now too.

All lights are easy to kill right now, not just some.

They are at 7% population right now and have always been by far the least played weight class.

My favorite mech is the Spider and I am finding that my legs pop off like nothing now. I will play a Spider all day long, I don't get tired of playing them despite them being more intense (That is what I love about lights, more speed).

Lights and then mediums need love. Heavies need a nerf and Assaults seem about right. That is my 2 cents.

#13 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Lights are always the lowest population. They are harder to pilot than heavies, mediums or assaults. They will always be the lowest population.

#14 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

I dunno, I think the hit-reg pass is exposing problems in my technique. This is good.

On the other hand, playing the missile and ballistic Locusts is now really hard. The energy ones are about the same as they've always been.

The problem, I feel, is actually not with Lights; it's with the fact that just about everything on the field has the capacity to kill any 'Mech less than 60 tons in one or two shots at a range between 0 and 500 meters. The amount of burst damage output has reached silly high levels.

#15 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Good point Yeonne Greene.

#16 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

With the laser hit reg, I have to say lights do have some issues now. Whether or not they needed the fix to hit reg (lets face it, it WAS needed badly), lights suffered pretty dramatically. It seems easier to hit lights with double gauss or ACs now tha before as well, and honestly Stream SRMs have nothing on Pulse Lasers for killing lights now. I have to admit that the most horrifying mech to see as a light and the hilarious most mech to pilot vs a light is a Banshee/TBolt or anything else boating pulse lasers. You let 2 pulses of your lasers hit and something is coming off, more and you probably just one shot the lightmech.

And as Yeonne said, the problem is with high damage alphas, and now that they hit wherever you point them, you literally one shot any limb of theirs. In itself that's a good thing, you should be hitting where you aim, but on the other hand its so easy to kill lightmechs now I kinda forgot what it was like to fear them.

#17 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

I just wish that Jenners had better hitboxes. They're a CT on legs, and have been since the game was in closed beta. Now that the firestarter seems better in pretty much every single way, I see no reason they can't have side-torsos.

#18 Kampfer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postlsp, on 21 December 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Lights don't need anything, the FS is like the best IS mech in the game. They have low population because most people want to play big stompy robots with alot of firepower. I literally have no interest in lights, and never have. Even with them being op, as they have been many times in the past. And they are now, due to lag and having crazy amazing hit boxes.

People don't play lights because no matter how good you are someone is just going to legged by a single lucky shot and very few lights have the firepower to take down something larger than them and still have enough armor to do it a second time.

#19 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostKampfer, on 21 December 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

People don't play lights because no matter how good you are someone is just going to legged by a single lucky shot and very few lights have the firepower to take down something larger than them and still have enough armor to do it a second time.

yea and in my fatter mechs I might take an unlucky shot to my leg, side torso, or ammo and end up dead or weaponless. It happens to every mech.

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

The best way to fix lights IMO is to revise the skill trees. We need weight class specific skill trees.

Get rid of speed tweak and anchor turn for heavies and assaults. Give them damage reduction/shake reduction instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users