11 replies to this topic

#1 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

So how are you guys' experience with using laser weapons ever since they did the hot fix for it? I personally have actually been able to pull my own weight, hell even carry with my Jenner JR7F which I have not been able to pilot for the longest time because I have horrible hit reg with lasers.

Now though, I'm pulling games like this easy. Before I forget to mention, I do live in Singapore which is on the other side of the world. This is half the reason why I could not use laser boats until this patch.

Posted Image

Another example~

Posted Image

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

Seams better on slow moving mechs :) Almost 50-50 if it will register on a fast mover.

#3 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 21 December 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Seams better on slow moving mechs :) Almost 50-50 if it will register on a fast mover.

agree. Getting it the reg on a light is the hard part.

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

I think its working beautifully in almost every scenario, hits on lights are solid if your aim is and same for everything else now.

No more guessing at where the magical invisible hitbox might be and trying to lead ahead and all that crap.

Games also seem alot more brutal with hitreg working the way its supposed to, you just can't get away with ridiculous crap like rushing through the entire enemy team without consequences now.

Best case scenario is that maybe it will push players back into playing smart, when they no longer have their lag shields working for them.

That and maybe it expose some imbalances between weapons, such as PPC's being in a fairly poor place and needing some velocity adjustments.

Because right now IMO, even the ballistic advantage is shrinking when compared to the now reliable laser damage.

Edited by Mister D, 21 December 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#5 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

I'm still experiencing issues (pulse lasers especially) but I'm not sure if that is the hit reg fault or the fault of my connection. I did a tracert on multiple addresses per PGI's request and found that I have multiple 'Request timed out' issues so it may be more to do with my connection.

We'll see what happens in the new year but I hope I can get this addressed.

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Everything still groovy on the hitreg ?

Might just be me getting tired, but am noticing some lagshields resurfacing here and there.

#7 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

After the fix I have at least reliable hit reg on anything that isn't an IS light (my ping is 140-160 steadily).

IS lights... I can't really tell if it's my bad aiming, their hitboxes, my lag giving them shield, their lag giving them shield or hit reg - or any combination of the above. Truth be told, I don't experience shooting an idle light and not register - which would happen before the fix.

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

It seems descent. I think it is at least back to Pre-CW accuracy. CW messed up hit reg, and I think they just fixed that.

#9 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

The fix had almost no effect when I was using the internet connection at my own place. Now I am visiting my parents for Xmas, ping is only about 3-5ms better but hit reg is ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT better (Congstar vs Unity Media).

Man, this game is so much more fun when hit reg is actually working! Weeeeeee!!! :wub:

#10 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

FSRs still seem to be bloody invincible. Point blank range, they aren't even bothering twisting, just face tanking and eating volley after volley of laser vomit and dusting it off. And my pings are generally 30-40. Bout ready to dust off the Streakcrow and go hunting.

#11 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

I brought out my stock Mad Cat Prime for a test run of hitreg. Dropped in on Caustic and settled in for the long Nascar.

I noticed a couple Centurions creeping up on our flank so I broke off to say hi. A Daishi and a couple others followed me. The first Cent crested the hill and died immediately. Cored out CT by a hail of lasers. I would have chalked it up to dual gauss/ppc but the Daishi only had a single gauss. The second Cent followed suit and lost his side torsos. The only reason he survived was partly due to increased caution after watching his lancemate get obliterated.

Lasers are back folks. Let the delicious threadrage commence.

Edited by LordMelvin, 22 December 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#12 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 22 December 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

FSRs still seem to be bloody invincible. Point blank range, they aren't even bothering twisting, just face tanking and eating volley after volley of laser vomit and dusting it off. And my pings are generally 30-40. Bout ready to dust off the Streakcrow and go hunting.

Be sure to bring some napkins or a wet wipe to clean all the squished lights of your windshield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users