No Burst Fire For Normal Clan Acs

12 replies to this topic

#1 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

Please turn off Burst fire for normal Clan ACs.
And give Clans also some imba Quirks like super weapon cooldown.

#2 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

PGI wont in a million years ever give the clans single fire ac's, there is already enough teddy ruxpins in this game that STILL complain clans are OP

#3 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

As a Clanner (for now), I would love Single Shot AC/s. It is the ONE advantage IS mechs have over us. All our stuff is lighter, faster, stronger, and hotter (which is not a problem if you know what you are doing).

Even IF our Single Shot AC/s weighed in at the same tonnage as the IS ones, we would still be at an advantage, because everything else is (see above).

As to the Quirks, we are getting more in the new year, but most likely, the Timberwolf and Stormcrow will be getting some negative quirks, if they get anything (They are THE BEST mechs in their weight class.....).

Personally, I would like to see our less loved chassis receive some positive quirks. The Mist Lynx, Ice Ferret, and Gargoyle, mainly, though the Kitfox, Adder, Nova and Summoner could possibly use some refinement of their quirks too.

#4 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yeah. Lets get one projectiled cAC 20s

WHo would even thought about making ac60 Alpha Direwolves?

Edited by MechB Kotare, 21 December 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 21 December 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yeah. Lets get one projectiled cAC 20s

WHo would even thought about making ac60 Alpha Direwolves?

Any significant difference to the double gauss, double ERPPC though? 10 less damage, but 10 more in splash, and less heat. 3 AC20 is gonna suck, heat wise. Also, the reduction in range is pretty tremendous.

That said, I wouldn't mind single shot C-ACs with a lower rate of fire to IS ACs, but I also think IS UACs should have a burst mechanic too (though perhaps with one less shell per burst). Keeping in mind that Clan AC's do not really exist beyond being a placeholder for LB-X toggle mode. A relatively slow firing slug or a scattering pellet round at the flick of a switch. Yes please.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 December 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

CAC's firing only 2 slugs I would love, they're already half the DPS of UAC and some even slower (CAC-10, CAC-20)

Leave UAC as burst, its fine.

Edited by Mister D, 21 December 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#7 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

Wasn't clan ACs only temporary decision? For a time, before devs can code switching ammo types for LB-X AC. So then will be only clan LB-X AC and clan UAC.

#8 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

If you want front loaded auto cannon damage go drive an Inner Sphere mech with it's weapons and equipment or use a Gauss Rifle. Because alot of people want stuff a Light Fusion engine or a Clan XL in their IS mech, but I digress.

One could only hope that all LBX auto cannons will get selectable ammo, "bird shot" / "stream of slugs?", including the IS ones, but how will it be implemented or balanced is any ones guess.

#9 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

In my opinion the Clans now have the most disadvantages, like more heat for Energy weapons, Lrms which get easely Shot down, Burst fire ACs, PPC that is bot doing the right dmg that its supposed to do, fixed Jump Jets, and Heat sinks and so on.
Some quirks for the IS are just crazy, like the Thunderbolt energy quirks or the LRM cooldown for the Trebuchet where you can spit LRMs half Second whise.

I Start it...... IS MECHS ARE OVERPOWERED!!!!!

#10 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

OK, but only if the IS Energy and Missile weapons get more damage per shot though.

#11 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostHornviech, on 21 December 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

In my opinion the Clans now have the most disadvantages, like more heat for Energy weapons, Lrms which get easely Shot down, Burst fire ACs, PPC that is bot doing the right dmg that its supposed to do, fixed Jump Jets, and Heat sinks and so on.
Some quirks for the IS are just crazy, like the Thunderbolt energy quirks or the LRM cooldown for the Trebuchet where you can spit LRMs half Second whise.

I Start it...... IS MECHS ARE OVERPOWERED!!!!!

In this case. I would say you are flat out wrong.

Even with those "disadvantages" the clan mechs are still well balanced against IS mechs.

The problem is not using them where they excel.

Clan lasers generate more heat, but that is almost irrelevant because of their range. You're supposed to keep your distance, and engage from range. Allowing you to cool off at your own leisure.

Fixed JJs can be a problem (like in the SMN), however, you still get much lighter, and smaller everything, along with a very good XL engine.

Honestly, you didn't focus on real disadvantages the clans have, namely the inability to change engine sizes. Though to be honest, that is more of a restriction of having an omni mech (omni mechs are built with the engines hardwired into the CT structure).

You didn't talk about beam duration being a bit problematic, especially for the ER-MPL.

You forgot the point about how ER-SLs, and ER-MLs are linked on heatscale.

BTW, LBXs never fired a single slug. In fact, the lore descriptions of them can be interpreted as them switching from bird shot, to the regular AC burst fire.

As for the quirks. PGI announced ALL THE WAY BACK, when they first mentioned the quirk pass for IS, that they would be doing one for clans. So I don't get why that's a complaint.

Clan LRMs fire in stream mode, which makes AMS countering them easier. However, they weigh significantly less, and are smaller than their IS counterparts, allowing almost every clan mech to run LRM builds, on top of their regular set up. If they had the sledgehammer effect of IS LRMs there would literally be no choice between the two.

At least now there's balance in that picking one over the other has virtues. You want light LRMs that you can slap easily, and provide quick support with, and some suppression? Go for C-LRMs. You want Big bulky, and heavy LRMs, but can provide quick support with great suppression and damage, you go for IS LRMs.

Same goes for the other weapon systems (except for Gauss, as that is just a straight up better version than the IS one in every respect.)

TL;DR: Clans are good for long range combat, poke wars, stare down contests, and DoT. IS is good at short range combat, PP FLD, and brawling.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 21 December 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#12 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

While the Op has a point, his suggestion is a bit too much. I would like to see the burst fire "tightened up" i.e. the weapon fires the burst much faster, so that it was a bit easier to land the slugs in one location, I suggesting something like a 30% time reduction on the burst.

Second, the number of bursts should be changed. What I would hope to see is:

UAC 2 - 1 round (is 2 rounds really necessary?)
UAC 5 - 2 rounds
UAC 10 - 3 rounds
UAC 20 - 4 rounds

The only serious UAC builds are on the DWF, and that's just wrong. The major problem that I see is that the weapon nerfs have created a major dichotomy with clan mechs. The SCR and TBR are (still) very good, The HBR, MDD and DWF are good, the rest are pretty much relegated to the scrap heap. So far the quirks haven't helped. Like above, people are still suggesting nerfing the SCR and the TBR - but that doesn't help the bad mechs. PGI's decision to restrict engines, endo and ferro - have left us with very bland weapon setups. If you want to win, you use one of the above mechs, if you don't care and are just grinding up xp - you use one of the others. Hopefully PGI can change this.

#13 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

you are aware of the amount of bitching that went on for over a year about the fact that AC's were single fire and not a stream of projectiles.... we now have that for the clans and you guys want to change it?

Sorry but a) bugger that and B) there is zero good reason to. it makes piloting Clan feel different and need to be played differently.

Quirks will help some of the crappy mechs (adder for example) but I doubt you will see any major changes to the tier 1 mechs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users