Gxp Have Disappeared

Help Me

8 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmo Fernandez

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi there,

I had about 3.100 GXP, now suddenly I have just about 700 and no clue why. I own a Spider and changed the configuration, which I thought only cost C-Bills. Next I got the "Twist Speed" Perk in the Mech Tree, which I thought costs only the Mech-specific XP. Then I looked into the pilot tree, in case I accidentaly clicked one of the perks there, but nothing. What am I overlooking? (I am a complete beginner in this game!). Is there log data, that shows me, where those GXP might have gone?

I meant to spend them on something important and they are hard to get, I dont want to make that mysterious mistake again...

Would be very grateful for a hint!

#2 C91

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

It depends, if you don't have enough MechXP the systems asks you if you want to use GXP instead. Maybe you clicked too fast?

#3 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

• If you have the GXP to cover the skill you can use it for the skill. If you did not have enough mech XP for the speed tweak (as an example) but enough GXP it will show as unlockable. So if you click unlock it comes out of your GXP instead of the XP. There is a selection box if you have enough for both I don't remember what the default is.

#4 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

There is 'Mech XP which is tied to the variant of a 'Mech

Then there is GXP which can be used for unlocking modules and/or using on any 'mech of your choice.

#5 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

just wanted to say.. this has got me before

its very easy if your not paying attention to accidentally use your gxp on unlocks
there is a prompt but its not obvious enough in ratio to how devastating wasted gxp is

so becareful :o

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Sounds like you used gxp on the unlock without realizing it. You do have to be careful on the prompts. Don't fret too much. You will eventually gain it back. It might just take awhile. You can use a champion mech to earn it faster or exchange mxp to gxp. Both of these would require spending real money however.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

It's very easy to spend GXP on mech skill. sorry, you'll just have to earn some more GXP.

#8 Cosmo Fernandez

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

Thanks a lot for your help, it seems that I just made the mistake you mentioned, *argh, *Sigh! But I guess I have to stop whining and get back to the battlefield for some more fighting now...Own stupidity is the worst enemy ever:)

Grateful for your fast replies, though!!

#9 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostCosmo Fernandez, on 22 December 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for your help, it seems that I just made the mistake you mentioned, *argh, *Sigh! But I guess I have to stop whining and get back to the battlefield for some more fighting now...Own stupidity is the worst enemy ever:)

Grateful for your fast replies, though!!

Last week PGI ran a special where you could convert XP to GXP at double the rate, 1MC = 50 GXP.

Keep your eye out for future sales. GXP is hard earned, so to avoid some of the grind, you might want to spend a little MC on it if you have a mech that is already elited out.

Jody

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 22 December 2014 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users