19 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

Anyone else besides me thing something is extremely off with damage transfer?

With some mechs its seems like most damage done to CT back will more times than not, transfer to CT front and seeing a lot of Clan mechs where once a side is taken off, it does not "feel" like damage transfer from that side to CT is acting right. The Direwolf for example seems like it a side torso is taken off and you continue to hit it there, not very much damage at all is transferring to the CT. I know that if you take a side torso off and continue to hit a mech there that all damage would then transfer to CT at half damage but with the Direwolf it seems like its even less transfer than that.

And on some other Clan mechs like the Nova and Stormcrow, and even the IS King Crab... that if a side is taken off, "it feels" like the half damage transfer isnt working at all and full damage is transferring?

Can PGI please look into ALL mechs across the board and make sure damage transfer is working as intended?

#2 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

I've felt it a bit, but with hsr and lag as they are now I'm not sure if it is the mechanism or just muh wubs being broken.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

The Direwolf for example seems like it a side torso is taken off and you continue to hit it there, not very much damage at all is transferring to the CT

Only 50% of damage actually transfers, the other 50% disappears

The damage is halved for each component it travels through... so if you shoot a mech in its destroyed right leg and it has a destroyed right side torso, only 25% of the damage goes to the CT

#4 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostKhobai, on 21 December 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

The damage is halved for each component it travels through... so if you shoot a mech in its destroyed right leg and it has a destroyed right side torso, only 25% of the damage goes to the CT
i know ONLY 50% transfers. My point is that when taking a side torso off some mechs and you continue to hit those mechs in the same side torso, it looks as if some mechs are having even less than 50% damage transferring to the CT. And on other mechs, it seems like if you take off a side torso and continue to hit that mech there, MORE than 50% damage is transferring. And in even other cases, it looks like full damage is transferring... and THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

And on extreme cases, some mechs are being hit dead center in the CT BACK and even with armor there, the damage is STILL transferring to the CT FRONT and bypassing the armor on the CT BACK.

There seems to be an issue with a lot of mechs not transferring damage right. And im asking PGI to please look into this.

#5 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've been getting hit in the face from behind quite a bit.

#6 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

I can hit most mechs in the back, from the front. Just the way it is.

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

I've noticed this. Placed a few AC/20's into destroyed clan side torso's and have seen no, or very little, damage transfer. Even though I watched it contact, and got a damage confirm... oh well..

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

just had a match where i was running away from a KGC in my KFX,
dual Gauss in the back, but lost my Front Left Torso Armor,
and the Back LT Armor still perfect and untouched,

#9 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 21 December 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

just had a match where i was running away from a KGC in my KFX,
dual Gauss in the back, but lost my Front Left Torso Armor,
and the Back LT Armor still perfect and untouched,

That's just messed up...
I've had similar experiences myself, both when dealing and receiving damage.

#10 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

I was playing last night and I came across a legged and red CT kitfox. I was running a dual AC10 Medium pulse lazer Jeager and alpha'd it 4 times CT and it did not die. The shots DID reregister because the CT was blinking each time I shot but it just wouldn't die. Like, no one was around and I was able to just stand in front of it point blank.

I did the double take 3 times. Shot, looked away, realized he wasn't dead, turned back around shot again etc...

Edited by Felix7007, 22 December 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 21 December 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Anyone else besides me thing something is extremely off with damage transfer?

With some mechs its seems like most damage done to CT back will more times than not, transfer to CT front and seeing a lot of Clan mechs where once a side is taken off, it does not "feel" like damage transfer from that side to CT is acting right. The Direwolf for example seems like it a side torso is taken off and you continue to hit it there, not very much damage at all is transferring to the CT. I know that if you take a side torso off and continue to hit a mech there that all damage would then transfer to CT at half damage but with the Direwolf it seems like its even less transfer than that.

And on some other Clan mechs like the Nova and Stormcrow, and even the IS King Crab... that if a side is taken off, "it feels" like the half damage transfer isnt working at all and full damage is transferring?

Can PGI please look into ALL mechs across the board and make sure damage transfer is working as intended?

All "ST" damage goes directly to the CT front, regardless of angle.

All leg damage after the leg is gone goes directly ST front, regardless of angle.

This is because these sections would have more armor...even if they don't at that time.

Furthermore, King Crab, Stormcrow, Timber Wolf and a select number of others are walking front torsos with a flat panel of nothingness for a rear torso.

The underside of the King Crab -- which I think should count as rear torso -- counts as front. This is problematic because that is a LOT of front torso you can hit from behind the mech at virtually any angle. If I give you my back I want you to shoot my back, not nail my front from behind.

Far as half and full damage transfer.. it's actually true that it doesn't seem like damage is getting reduced on anything but my Stalkers...

#12 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ok well regardless of how damage is or isn't transferring, I'm just glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

#13 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostBrody319, on 21 December 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

I've been getting hit in the face from behind quite a bit.

That gauss dude...it'll knock ya in the teeth and blow right out your ass.

#14 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 22 December 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

That gauss dude...it'll knock ya in the teeth and blow right out your ass.

or bad Timberwolf hitboxes in the back. probably both.

#15 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostBrody319, on 22 December 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

or bad Timberwolf hitboxes in the back. probably both.

I've been seeing some weird hitscan with lazers and odd transfers...

What worries me more is that my ping has been swinging wildly lately and rubber-banding...hasn't been an issue for over a year and my internet is rock solid.

Firestarters with a high ping are my nightmare.

#16 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

Damage transfer several months ago was lowered increase TTK - it was reduced to 40% from one component and down to 20% for a second component.

It used to be 50 and 25.

If memory serves - it should still be 40 and 20.

#17 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 22 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Damage transfer several months ago was lowered increase TTK - it was reduced to 40% from one component and down to 20% for a second component.

It used to be 50 and 25.

neat. that explains quite a bit.

#18 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Throw in the fact that a lot of mechs have a stump that remains when the arm blows and you wind up getting minimal damage transfer from a hit to a shoulder.

#19 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostKhobai, on 21 December 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Actually it is 41%. When you hit the part where the arm connects and the side is blown off as well, then 17% damage is transferred.

#20 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 22 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

It used to be 50 and 25.

this explains some. But can the transfer from back CT to front CT be looked into. If I hit a light mech dead center in its Back CT... It should die lol. In most cases, the back CT takes some damage but then the remaining (most) damage magically transfers to the front CT, bypassing armor all together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users